Tour de Trossachs

Big D

Great news if this were to happen.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Scotland-to-bid-for-Tour.6684351.jp

It's a brilliant suggestion from Event Scotland, and seems to be taken seriously by Michel Prudholme. I was over in Rotterdam for the Prologue last year, and it was just an astonishing atmosphere in as big a crowd as the 1998 Cup win.

Great news if this were to happen.

http://news.scotsman...Tour.6684351.jp

It's a brilliant suggestion from Event Scotland, and seems to be taken seriously by Michel Prudholme. I was over in Rotterdam for the Prologue last year, and it was just an astonishing atmosphere in as big a crowd as the 1998 Cup win.

Edinburgh would make a fantastic backdrop for the prologue... not sure about shifting the riders back to France by train though. blink.gif

Buffalo Bill

There's a old tree in the Trossachs, by Brig o' Turk that swallows up bicycles.

FACT.

This news makes my knees weak and my pants wet.

That's why you wear lycra. A prologue in Edina, then a first stage through the Trossachs to Weedge would be splendid.

Ryan Gosling

I'm not sure if I can wait seven years. I really need to get my finger out and visit the tour in the Pyrenees soon.

As a four-time Tour veteran, I'd say get your ass in gear. This summer is booked already.

It says in the article that Ireland hosted a stage in 1988.

Did the Tour not start off in Dublin in '98 (we played Bohemians and St Pats in a pre-season friendly on the same weekend)

O'Connel Street was closed for some big cycle event anyway.

UnworthyPapaLazaru

As a four-time Tour veteran, I'd say get your ass in gear. This summer is booked already.

would love it. How do you go about it, campervan?

Ryan Gosling

would love it. How do you go about it, campervan?

Nah never made it up a mountain. We check the route ahead of time and pick small towns or villages, and we almost always end up in Pau for a finish.

Archived