Bullet For Lennon

Deek

As much as I cant stand the man, bullets in the post! Whats that all about?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12146316

Packages containing bullets have been sent to Celtic manager Neil Lennon and player Niall McGinn.

The packages, addressed to the two men, were posted in Northern Ireland.

They were intercepted by staff at the Royal Mail sorting office in Mallusk, County Antrim on Wednesday.

The mail was bound for Celtic football club in Glasgow. The PSNI said the items have been removed for examination.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As much as I cant stand the man, bullets in the post! Whats that all about?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-12146316

Pretty sad to be honest... Who goes to that sort of effort to wind the tube up??? As a guy who dislikes him for his antics in Scottish football, I find the picture of him getting pointed and laughed at is more than sufficient to sate my apetite for Lennon discomfort. :thumbsup:

sure this happened to ricksen when he was at rangers as well. despicable a man as lennon is, some people really need to put football into perspective.

When you put it together with the thing in Arizona it tends me to believe it is more to be feared nowadays than ridiculed. There are mentally sick people which is compounded in them with an evil streak it seems everywhere now, and copycatting is not an unusual thing. I do not like Lennon anymore than anyone else on here , but one does start to despair with the nonsense that goes on nowadays.

When you put it together with the thing in Arizona it tends me to believe it is more to be feared nowadays than ridiculed. There are mentally sick people which is compounded in them with an evil streak it seems everywhere now, and copycatting is not an unusual thing. I do not like Lennon anymore than anyone else on here , but one does start to despair with the nonsense that goes on nowadays.

I dont think its a new thing Bob tbh there has always been nutters out there.

I dont see the point in sending bullets in the mail to Lennon and Mcginn seems a bit childish to me.

Would it be deeply inappropriate and would the jocularity be missed if I made an enquiry as to the velocity it was sent?:ninja:

Gareth_Hearts

:verymad:

Some of my fellow country men are idiots, these are clearly not football people as well. Nial McGinn is a rising star for the national team, losing him over something this stupid would be a nightmare

But then does Neil Lennon help himself? If there's one man in the game you would expect this to happen to it's him, whether you think it's appalling or not, he really should learn to wind his neck in.

(just noticed my 1000th post is about that pwick grrrrrrrr)

Genuinely - who is McGinn?

Used to play for St Mirren?

Dungannon Swifts - Derry City - Celtic.

Don't really get hate for McGinn from mental unionists...mind you I might be completely mistaken in thinking it's mad unionists that are behind this.

Don't know the laddie then.

Hard to see why folk would get wound up about him.

Lennon...........well.

whistling.gif

Probably something to do with a Northern Ireland player playing for Celtic.

Probably something to do with a Northern Ireland player playing for Celtic.

Gotcha.

Ridiculous patter, but I guess that's the chat.

Gotcha.

Ridiculous patter, but I guess that's the chat.

Agreed.

Even though he's at the worlds most evil football club, I've always found McGinn to be incredibly inoffensive.

Gareth_Hearts

Don't really get hate for McGinn from mental unionists...mind you I might be completely mistaken in thinking it's mad unionists that are behind this.

Only reason is thats he catholic, playing for celtic doesnt help him.

Same sorta thing happened to lennon when he was playing, he never played for northern ireland again!

Only reason is thats he catholic, playing for celtic doesnt help him.

Same sorta thing happened to lennon when he was playing, he never played for northern ireland again!

Aye, a valid point but of all the Celtic players to pick...I mean, you can understand it if he was Northern Irish and chose to play for the Republic but he, I think commendably, plays for the country he was born in. You'd think there would be more obvious tactics. Seems I'm reading more into this than the zoomers that sent the bullets though.

Agreed.

Even though he's at the worlds most evil football club, I've always found McGinn to be incredibly inoffensive.

Paddy McCourt on the other hand........................................

Would it be deeply inappropriate and would the jocularity be missed if I made an enquiry as to the velocity it was sent?:ninja:

Jambof3tornado

If city link were the couriers and speed of delivery of my new 42 inch telly anything to go by the velocity would see the round of ammunition fail to breakthrough a soggy rich tea biscuit!

sure this happened to ricksen when he was at rangers as well. despicable a man as lennon is, some people really need to put football into perspective.

Sadly, I dont think is has much to do with football but more to do with religion.

But then does Neil Lennon help himself? If there's one man in the game you would expect this to happen to it's him, whether you think it's appalling or not, he really should learn to wind his neck in.

(just noticed my 1000th post is about that pwick grrrrrrrr)

Because he winds up the opposition its fair game to send bullets in the post? And sent from a country that has 'previous' when it comes to shooting folk it doesn't like?

It's what i'd expect from that sh** country over the water but still cannot be justified.

He manages to wind me up just seeing his ugly mug on the telly but i would never think of sending him anything through the post.

A lot of mentally disturbed people out there which is a shame on society these days...

Football is bad enough these days without this.. Mcginn ???

Because he winds up the opposition its fair game to send bullets in the post? And sent from a country that has 'previous' when it comes to shooting folk it doesn't like?

It's what i'd expect from that sh** country over the water but still cannot be justified.

It's not the country that has "previous" - it's some of it's inhabitants. To call NI a "shit country" is both factually inaccurate and the worst kind of generalisation.

I have no affiliation to NI other than as a tourist but you have obviously never been to the Antrim coast, Giant's Causeway or Strangford Lough.

A night out in Belfast beats most of the cities in the UK too.

Totally stupid idea.

Rubber bullets would be less detectable.

Why are we even discussing whether it's right or wrong to send bullets?

It's a byproduct of the mass hysteria created by all and sundry regarding all things 'old firm'.

It's the biggest and bestestest rivalry in the solar system doncha know...

Seymour M Hersh

Not totally sure but I did hear it was speeding. :whistling:

Say What Again

Paddy McCourt on the other hand........................................

You haven't popped anything in the post recently SB have you? :ermm::lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12169869

Bullets in post target Celtic footballer Paddy McCourt

Bullets sent to Celtic footballer Paddy McCourt have been discovered just days after a team mate and his manager were sent similar packages.

The envelope addressed to McCourt, a winger from Northern Ireland, was found by staff at a Royal Mail sorting office in Glasgow.

Bullets sent to Celtic boss Neil Lennon and player Niall McGinn at their club were intercepted earlier this week.

The packages were posted in Northern Ireland and found in County Antrim.

Police were called to the sorting office in Northern Ireland after postal staff raised concerns about the two packages.

Neil Lennon, a former Celtic captain and Northern Ireland international, has received death threats in the past.

Police investigating the first incident asked anyone with information to come forward.

Archived