Vid From The 80's

No longer active

RoussetsShorts

Used to watch this all the time, great history our club has. Does anybody have a copy of the Hearts song that plays at the start of this? the proper marshall's chunky chicken version with the keyboard at the start, its a spine tingling anthem. Would love somebody to upload it for download Did it ever come out on vinyl?

banner.png

i've got the vhs sitting on a bookshelf, even though it hasnt been watched in a decade and will probably never get another viewing, so getting it on youtube is a treat. cheers.

No longer active

Used to watch this all the time, great history our club has. Does anybody have a copy of the Hearts song that plays at the start of this? the proper marshall's chunky chicken version with the keyboard at the start, its a spine tingling anthem. Would love somebody to upload it for download Did it ever come out on vinyl?

banner.png

I had it on vinyl, sort of. It was released as part of a Hearts programme ( cant remember which ) as one of those flexible records. IIRC it was something to do with the super 6's win at Ingliston.

RoussetsShorts

I had it on vinyl, sort of. It was released as part of a Hearts programme ( cant remember which ) as one of those flexible records. IIRC it was something to do with the super 6's win at Ingliston.

I'd love a vinyl copy but sadly I cannot see many of them kicking about these days. If anybody has one and would like to sell it please PM me.

My Dad was given a vinyl about 8 or 9 years ago. Unfortunately we can't find it. Think when we were moving house a worker maybe half inched it. :verymad:

My hibee flat mate cheered in the background when Albert Kidd scored. Must be really bad for hibees at the moment. I'd be very worried even this early in the season, or life really..

Rudolf's Mate

Yep I had that! Did it no have a big chicken on the sleeve?

Dundee still brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eyeangry.gif

I cant watch or read anything about that day still without it bringing a tear to my eye,, like just now :(

gorgie_rebel

I've still got the record....well I've got the sleeve for the record. The actual vinyl seems to have gone?? sitting in a box in the attic with all my old programmes and other Hearts related stuff

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've still got the record....well I've got the sleeve for the record. The actual vinyl seems to have gone?? sitting in a box in the attic with all my old programmes and other Hearts related stuff

Me too... "MARSHALL'S... THE CHUNKY CHICKEN CHAMPIONS!"

:lol:

Why does watching that make me cry?

Does the same to me - I sat in the stand that day with my Dad as we couldn't get tickets for the terracing. Neither of us had any nails by the end of the match and looked at our watches every 30 seconds. Was at Tannadice when the won and it was one of the best matches i've ever witnessed - packed into the terracing like sardines! The following week against Aberdeen was hard on the nerves.

Maybe this season could erase all those sad memories!!

scots civil war

cracking doc that

was at most of the games on there

impressed with the eighties stuff,busy grounds,adidas shirt sponsors etc

the games had substance back then,look at the swedging for example

i got huckled at rugby park one wednesday night,at the segregation fence for being a bit mouthy to the fuzz

they had waded in with loads of swaying happening..league cup game iirc

now your supposed to go in,sit on your arse in a tight seat and buy scran

:down:

The record came with a poster of the 85/86 squad.

Walter Kidd signed mine on the day it went on sale at John Menzies.

Alex MacDonald

The single went to No. 92 in the UK charts and I'm on the sleeve, it was a crowd shot taken at the Dundee Utd 1.0 semi-final win at Hampden.

Marshalls.....the pants jingle champions.

The single went to No. 92 in the UK charts and I'm on the sleeve, it was a crowd shot taken at the Dundee Utd 1.0 semi-final win at Hampden.

Marshalls.....the pants jingle champions.

I have the 7" in the spare room I think. Poster and all. I'll try to MP3 it.

No longer active

I have the 7" in the spare room I think. Poster and all. I'll try to MP3 it.

Found my copy, but it's scratched. Oh well!

"Even for Hearts to be in that position was a victory in itself"

I don't know why but the chest swells with pride when I hear Wallace Mercer say that

(although I do cringe at "Roddie MacDonald scored the goal for me")

BTW - anyone got a link to our episode of "That was the team that was"? Youtube search is only bringing up the Hibs and Rangers ones (plus the JKB search - because someone did previously post it up - doesn't recognise any of the words in the programme's title :rolleyes: )

Thanks in advance

BTW - anyone got a link to our episode of "That was the team that was"? Youtube search is only bringing up the Hibs and Rangers ones (plus the JKB search - because someone did previously post it up - doesn't recognise any of the words in the programme's title :rolleyes: )

Thanks in advance

here's part 1. part 2 should link at the side. good watch, watched it yesterday

Walter Kidd signed mine on the day it went on sale at John Menzies.

Yip mine too. signed by Wattie and Gary Mackay

Just heard the "Europe song" being belted out in the away game versus Bayern. I didn't think we had been singing it that long. ;)

Brilliant video, brought back so many memories. :thumbsup:

Archived