Chris Maguire - worth a shout

Maroon Memories

I like him and have liked him for some time.

Unless a former member on here is correct about Aberdeen's impending doom, I don't think he would be available for a fee that would interest us.

Good player though, would really work well with Kevin Kyle IMO.

Maroon Memories

I like him and have liked him for some time.

Unless a former member on here is correct about Aberdeen's impending doom, I don't think he would be available for a fee that would interest us.

Good player though, would really work well with Kevin Kyle IMO.

Agreed. I was thinking it would work with KK too. But with him out of contract in the summer. I think a deal could be had. Or just sign him on a pre contract.

Agreed. I was thinking it would work with KK too. But with him out of contract in the summer. I think a deal could be had. Or just sign him on a pre contract.

Swap him for Clum?

He is Championship or League 1 bound most likely.

Seems to attract trouble when he is out too, have seen him out before, has abit of a swagger and a couple of times he has been in the papers up here for fighting and most recently vandalising a car. Seems to have settled down abit in last few months though and his performances have improved according to sheep i work with.

Can also play midfield too.

Would we have to pay a fee for him since he is under 24 and been trained by Aberdeen?

Any idea how much it is?

Templeton'sUnderpants

Not good enough I would say. Scoring 3 against the worst team in the country does not a good player make.

donnie darko

Linked up well with Kevin Kyle, whilst on loan at Kilmarnock.

Would also work well in the "Stephen Elliott", right-sided forward role, of the formation currently favoured by JJ.

Would be great on Bosman free...although would compensation be required due to his age?

Quote from above:

"Maguire and Ferguson clashed during the hotly-contested draw at Pittodrie three days later. The Scotland captain grabbed the Dons' player by the throat after appearing to have been fouled by the youngster.

However, the startled Aberdeen forward didn't live up to his pre-match boasts and ,refused to react to Ferguson, who escaped punishment for his retaliation.

SFA and their referees have always been fair and equitable!

Aye right!!!

Creepy Lurker

How much of a Dick is the boy from the rst. Laughable

In fairness to the lad Ferguson is indeed a prick and Rangers are indeed vermin.

Can't disagree with either of these comments...

Quote from above:

"Maguire and Ferguson clashed during the hotly-contested draw at Pittodrie three days later. The Scotland captain grabbed the Dons' player by the throat after appearing to have been fouled by the youngster.

However, the startled Aberdeen forward didn't live up to his pre-match boasts and ,refused to react to Ferguson, who escaped punishment for his retaliation.

SFA and their referees have always been fair and equitable!

Aye right!!!

That was the bit that caught my attention in the article - Even Celtic players get reds for that kind of behaviour...

gorgie_rebel

I've always thought McGuire could do a job for us.

He has got an eye for goal and maybe under someone like JJ he could produce.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we got him in on a pre contract and don't imagine his wage demands would be excessive? but think as has been said before maybe compensation payments would put Hearts off unless we get rid of some of the deadwood in the squad already.

Alot get carried away on here about other players. You've got to look at the whole package.

I realise some players need a better move to improve more but im not so sure Maguire has got the right head on him. Its a big thing, imo, getting to know the character of someone before going for them.

Not good enough I would say. Scoring 3 against the worst team in the country does not a good player make.

couldnt agre more, horrible little scroat

Archived