Winter Fuel Allowance

colinmaroon

Just a word for the "older" folks!

The qualification for Winter Fuel Allowance, according to the Govt Website is, first, aged 60 or over, and you qualify.

However, if you have to leave work because of illness and claim ESA, you get told that you only qualify if you are of pensionable age (i.e. 65).

This is a lie!!! Don't accept it!

At least one ESA office are giving out this line because, of they say, WRITTEN instructions!

I stress again, according to the Govts own website, it is 60 regardless of gender.

Commander Harris

If you're on income-related ESA you should get a cold weather payment regardless of age.

If you're on income-related ESA you should get a cold weather payment regardless of age.

But not being given if your ESA is contributions based!

My mum's pal got a letter saying she was getting ?25 ... Big deal, tho better than nowt I suppose... Mum and dad waiting on their letters now...

That's the Cold Winter Payment which is triggered when there's a sustained period of sub zero temperatures!

Winter Fuel Allowance is different and is paid to anyone who qualifies (ESA Contributions excepted it would seem) and is paid annually and is not related to specific triggers like cold weather.

Archived