What happened to Smeltic over refs saga - were they punished?

ollie2004

Were they ever punished for Lennon and Reid's comments/behaviour/bringing the game into disrepute? If it were Hearts or any other club other than the ugly sisters I am sure action would have been taken by now. It has just gone quiet!

This is a joke.. how long does it take for them to meet and dish out the punishments..

There is only so long that Vlad can keep biting his tongue for.. and i think that time is coming to an end..

I am split between hoping Vlad keeps quiet and it all is dealt with to wishing Vlad comes out with both barrels and hammers everyone..

Guest Dipped Flake

The meeting is this month. The time to start foaming at the mouth is if/when Lennon gets off Scot free, which I don't think wil happen. Probably a 3 game touchline ban.

Templeton'sUnderpants

They got docked 15 points Lennon got kicked out of football and Reid got his flying pig taken off of him.

Tommy Wiseau

But wait, I was promised that Lennon and Celtic would be hammered by some of the posters on here. You know, the ones who say it's laughable that people believe the Old Firm are treated differently to the rest.

Surely they wouldn't get it wrong? :rolleyes:

alwaysthereinspirit

But wait, I was promised that Lennon and Celtic would be hammered by some of the posters on here. You know, the ones who say it's laughable that people believe the Old Firm are treated differently to the rest.

Calm down. It's only been 8-10 weeks. :whistling: and there was a lot of snow.

Its almost as if they've been waiting on everything calming down before they give them a wee slap on the wrist instead of the fecking roasting that they truly deserve :whistling:

Its almost as if they've been waiting on everything calming down before they give them a wee slap on the wrist instead of the fecking roasting that they truly deserve :whistling:

Exactly. Little did they know that everyone else might have forgotten or lost interest but JKB is maintaining a good strong stakeout. :biggrin:

It'll be interesting to see how much coverage the press give it in the run up to the meeting.

This isn't just about a punishment for Lennon. Their Chairman brought the game into disrepute with his comments at the AGM and Gary Hooper said all referees were against Sellick....

I expected a number of charges against Sellick but it seems the SFA have bottled it.... No wonder our game is a joke......

Tommy Wiseau

Calm down. It's only been 8-10 weeks. :whistling: and there was a lot of snow.

:lol:

You're right, I should probably give them a break eh? I mean, it's not as if he was out calling referees cheats in October or that, is it? Erm, don't answer that...

Any word on when Hooper is getting hammered for calling the referees cheats, by the way? Must be any day now... :rolleyes:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Calm down. It's only been 8-10 weeks. :whistling:and there was a lot of snow.

I know the weather was ridiculous last month but that summed the SFA up perfectly - "an emergency meeting called by the SFA was cancelled because of snow."

When Hearts complained about the refs after the Davisgate incident weren't we fined fairly soon after for being cheeky!

gorgie rd eh11

Maybe the posters who say it's laughable to believe the old firm are treated differently could give us an explanation as to why neither lennon, hooper, reid or celtic appear to have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Tommy Wiseau

Maybe the posters who say it's laughable to believe the old firm are treated differently could give us an explanation as to why neither lennon, hooper, reid or celtic appear to have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

600full-frasier-screenshot.jpg

I'm listening.

alwaysthereinspirit

When Hearts complained about the refs after the Davisgate incident weren't we fined fairly soon after for being cheeky!

Knowing the GFA as we all do I think you'll find we were actually fined the day BEFORE the game.:angry:

The meeting is this month. The time to start foaming at the mouth is if/when Lennon gets off Scot free, which I don't think wil happen. Probably a 3 game touchline ban.

Is anyone actually paying any attention to this post. The time to complain is AFTER the meeting.

And no, I'm not someone who thinks the OF get treated the same as the rest.

alwaysthereinspirit

Is anyone actually paying any attention to this post. The time to complain is AFTER the meeting.

Sorry Mum.

No need to wait till after the meeting as it will only address the Neil Lennon issues. What about the Celtic Chairman's disrepute and Gary Hooper's claims. Don't seem to have been any charges brought against them - why not?????

gorgie rd eh11

No need to wait till after the meeting as it will only address the Neil Lennon issues. What about the Celtic Chairman's disrepute and Gary Hooper's claims. Don't seem to have been any charges brought against them - why not?????

This needs to be answered.

Who makes the decisions as to who is charged with things like bringing the game into disrepute? Some clarification needs to be sought as to why celtic and their employees are allowed to bring the game into more disrepute than HMFC ever did but still haven't received any fines.

if they, and rangers, dont get charged with bringing the game into disrepute by constantly belittling the game and trying to leave for england i doubt anything will happen to reid and hooper whilst lennon will get a slap on the wrist, get his balls fondled and told not to rock the boat.

John Gentleman

Reid is an ex-politician and his comments at the AGM were well measured and rehearsed. The difference being that he ken't well beforehand where the 'line could be be drawn', in direct contrast to VR's inane outbursts. Goats and cabbages anyone?

Having said that, Dougie McDonald DID deserve to go - one way or another. Something that a great number of people on this board were none too unhappy about, myself included.

As for Lennon, I hope a big pail of excrement descends on his napper in the very near future - without a 'Gardlyloo' to pre-warn him. A thoroughly despicable wee pretence of a man.

gorgie rd eh11

Reid is an ex-politician and his comments at the AGM were well measured and rehearsed. The difference being that he ken't well beforehand where the 'line could be be drawn', in direct contrast to VR's inane outbursts. Goats and cabbages anyone?

Having said that, Dougie McDonald DID deserve to go - one way or another. Something that a great number of people on this board were none too unhappy about, myself included.

As for Lennon, I hope a big pail of excrement descends on his napper in the very near future - without a 'Gardlyloo' to pre-warn him. A thoroughly despicable wee pretence of a man.

So lennon is being dealt with soon, reid dressed his accusations up well, what about hooper? When is he being charged?

We need clarification as to why celtic are being treated differently to HMFC.

The Treasurer

Have to disagree about Reid's comments JG.

I see little difference with what he said about bias against his club and what Mr Romanov has said in the past.

You are however spot on with your comments re lennon thumbsup.gif

So nothing on Reid then ! The mans comments were the reason why the refs went on strike ! The ***** at the sfa admitted it without being brave enough to name Celtic ! What a joke! Anyone who seriously thinks we have a chance of winning thus league while the corrupt sfa is incharge is kidding themselves !

Lennon's comments were discussed by committee members via conference call, but a final judgment will not be made until their next meeting at Hampden, which is scheduled for next Monday.

So they've done preliminary work, they'll hear his version of events today and then they have nearly a week to mull it over before making a decision? Tell me if I'm being daft but I really don't remember previous disciplinary hearings involving breaks like this. Hmeh. Everything about it just smells, I see a smack on the wrist appearing over the horizon and not much else....

Francis Albert

If Celtic had lost heavily the recent derby against Rangers Lennon may well have been out of a job. How convenient would that have been for the SFA?

Lets not forget Hoopers OUTRAGEOUS comments that were vlad-esque in terms of 'in your face' criticism of the SFA.

How much was VR fined again?

Guest Dipped Flake

Twice as many games as I thought so well done SFA. Now we will be subjected to weeks of celtic-paranoia

It's just been on the radio....he's been hit with a 6 match ban :thumbsup:

edit:...Neil Lennon got that for his actions at Tynecastle

Archived