Snoods in football

Moriarty

I honestly don't see what the fuss is. Typical British attitude to get all 'Ah ya wee pansy' about it while the foreigners who wear them run rings around most of our homegrown players who's footballing philosophy is to be a hard man. It's essentially a scarf....players wear gloves all the time, whats the difference and who gives a flying ****?

I honestly don't see what the fuss is. Typical British attitude to get all 'Ah ya wee pansy' about it while the foreigners who wear them run rings around most of our homegrown players who's footballing philosophy is to be a hard man. It's essentially a scarf....players wear gloves all the time, whats the difference and who gives a flying ****?

Frankly wearing scarfs and gloves is ******* ridiculous as well.

If you are that cold you aren't working hard enough :verysmug:

Bert Le Clos

Aye they are fairly ladylike, however, they do serve a purpose.

In cold weather, your trachia and other parts of your airway contract just like any other part of your body. This makes it harder for you to breathe.

However, a simple polo neck would be less fairy-like than a snood I agree.

Weird, last night I was trying to find the name of an arcade game and apparently "Snoods" is the name of it, or something like that.

Anyways, snoods do look weird but gloves are okay. Does Zaliukas not wear gloves quite a lot?

Commander Harris

_50677006_nasri.jpg

Gloves with short sleeved shirt.

:what:

Obua was sporting this look at Paisley, nice.

People talking about 'snoods' y e a r s after players started wearing them just because the english media have finally noticed a few footballers in England wearing them :vrface::vrface:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

People talking about 'snoods' y e a r s after players started wearing them just because the english media have finally noticed a few footballers in England wearing them :vrface::vrface:

:D

The teams should manufacture them in their own colours. If Davie O has to wear one it should at least be maroon and white stripes.

Toxteth O'Grady

That's an "L" on his left hand glove...

It was either that or Mrs O was going to stitch a bit of wool to them and thread it through his jersey

Say What Again

It was actually because my mate was sporting one the other day and I was :seething:

When its feckin freezing what would you rather? A player who has little effect in the game going raw nerve or one who has set himself out for the cold intent on destroying a defence? You wouldn't be calling them a pansy then :lightbulb:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It was either that or Mrs O was going to stitch a bit of wool to them and thread it through his jersey

Templeton'sUnderpants

_50677006_nasri.jpg

Gloves with short sleeved shirt.

:what:

dunno about you but my wrist-elbow rarely gets cold my hands on the other hand, fecking freezing.

As for snoods foreign players used to playing in hotter temperatures trying to be a bit warmer to play better, problem?

Lets send temps to a hot country and make him wear a jacket?

Couldn't care less what a player wears as long as he does the job. People getting pissed of over football fashion should take a look at themselves.

Snoods are just the modern version of wearing cycling shorts under your shorts. Think Jimmy Sandison (from memory) wore some of the best.

Anyone got any photos of the "cycling shorts" period?

tommythejambo

It's really sad that people care, off of the top of my head, Nasri and Tevez wear them.

They are two of the best players in Britain. If it makes them play better, who gives a FLYING ****!

wheatfield to sheffield

Snoods are just the modern version of wearing cycling shorts under your shorts. Think Jimmy Sandison (from memory) wore some of the best.

Anyone got any photos of the "cycling shorts" period?

Cycling shorts. I had forgotten those days - I was inspired to wear them myself under my regular shorts for a couple of seasons, around about 1989-90. For no reason other than top players such as Jimmy S and Ian Durrant were the kind of trendsetters I wanted to seen to be following. At Jack Kane Centre.

rossthejambo

Picard freezing his arse off, jealous of his snood wearing mate, decides to come on here and see if it's acceptable to buy himself one NAP. :thumbsup:

Picard freezing his arse off, jealous of his snood wearing mate, decides to come on here and see if it's acceptable to buy himself one NAP. :thumbsup:

Do you have one? I bet you do :laugh:

I think Fergie has banned them at Man U. He's one of those"if your cold your not doing your job properly" people. What does he know eh?

I bet Phill McHugh has lots of them.

I think Fergie has banned them at Man U. He's one of those"if your cold your not doing your job properly" people. What does he know eh?

I bet Phill McHugh has lots of them.

Says it all really :verysmug:

I was told about a European game in the 60's at Dunfermline that Jock Stein saw the opposition in tights and gloves warming up before the match and sent the Pars out in short sleeve shirts and they hammered them by 4 or 5.

Say What Again

It was actually because my mate was sporting one the other day

I'm assuming (it should go without saying really) that the rest of the boys destroyed him.

I'm assuming (it should go without saying really) that the rest of the boys destroyed him.

:thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

bitgay.png

My lad plays for an SPL youth team. Rules put down by the HOY include black boots and no gloves. I'm not sure he'd know what a snood is.

Miller Jambo 60

My lad plays for an SPL youth team. Rules put down by the HOY include black boots and no gloves. I'm not sure he'd know what a snood is.

Would never had worn one when i played sat and sun.down.gif

Or gloves .

Doug.

• 3 weeks later...
Craig Gordons Gloves

am i right in thinking that KK was wearing a snood when sat on the bench/stands on Saturday? Sure looked like one when the cameras went to him before the game.

I managed to find a snood in the house. Think its good, but it's not comfortable or practical when playing (having tried in on)

Obua was sporting this look at Paisley, nice.

And at Fester too.............

but

THAT'S GANGSTA!!!!!!!!

Archived