Wardlaw Street

Pele_Is_God

Well going to see a flat tomorrow evening, hope it's the ''one''. What is the street like? I have relatives in Gorgie and it always seems like a good place to be. I think it's at top of the street number 10.

Cheers

Its the thumbs up from the old GA.

Gorgie is sound, Been here almost 4 years, not one bit of bother to report.

thumbsup.gif

Governor Tarkin

I'm just round the corner mate. It's a great place to live. Good luck.

I'm just round the corner mate. It's a great place to live. Good luck.

Snap :thumbsup:

The Future's Maroon

My mate has stayed in the Street for over five years, nice wee flats. Nice enough area and plenty good public transport to where ever you need to go - and of course five mins from Tynie - you cant lose!

Auld Reekin'

My first flat was at number 12 and I had no major complaints or problems with the street or the area then, although that was nearly 25 years ago. As with all tenement properties, a lot depends on what your stair is like: if the other owners / occupants are decent folk, who respect the common areas of the property and have consideration for their neighbours, then everything should be fine. If not, then there could be problems. That's an issue with most flats, however.

I still stay in the general area and think that, in some ways, Gorgie has improved since I lived in Wardlaw St., and in others it has become a less desirable place to stay. It is now more "multi-cultural", which in most ways has been a good thing in my opinion (a greater variety of shops / take-aways, etc.), but I also feel that there is more anti-social behaviour than there used to be and that there is not the same "community spirit" that there once was. (This could be as much to do with me becoming older and more misanthropic than actual changes to the area, I admit...!)

Overall, though, it's still an OK area to live in.

Governor Tarkin

Snap :thumbsup:

Think you live really close to me. Did you not once post a picture of the snow outside a certain stair in W P?

Think you live really close to me. Did you not once post a picture of the snow outside a certain stair in W P?

Yip..

Real men live in Leith......

:whistling:

Although to be honest, I don't actually know if I'm classed as Leith or not, ha ha

Feck knows the boundary.

Governor Tarkin

Yip..

Hmmmm..... The plot thickens....... Really close to home. Like, Really close.

Doctor FinnBarr

Hmmmm..... The plot thickens....... Really close to home. Like, Really close.

TB is stalking you mate, phone the feds!

:whistling:

Flat needed a lot of work so not going for it, liked the street though. Desperate to move to the area so if anyone hears of a 1-bedroom flat to rent let me know!

Flat needed a lot of work so not going for it, liked the street though. Desperate to move to the area so if anyone hears of a 1-bedroom flat to rent let me know!

Just keep looking, Pele - there are loads of flats up for sale in the Gorgie area.

You will get something.

thumbsup.gif

It's actually renting GA, the rent they wanted wasn't worth what state the flat was in. Shame.

Ahhhh, got ya.

thumbsup.gif

Era Macaroons

Polish Street is a shitehole...you wanna move to Leith Polish instead....far superior burds.

Archived