"doing the rounds on Facebook... "

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

All the most ridiculous rumours, the ones that would be negative for us and the ones that would be good for Hibs or even just 'Hibs related' rumours seem to get posted on here nowadays with the tag: "... Currently doing the rounds on Facebook"?

Getting a bit ridiculous to be honest, most of these "doing the rounds on Facebook rumours" also seem to appear on Hibs.net.

Shouldn't they at least be tucked away in the Gullit lounge to avoid being accidently given the time of day?

Tommy Wiseau

Give me 5 minutes.

I'll be back with a rumour "doing the rounds on Facebook" that the Faceman himself, Charles F. Adam III Esq. is signing for Linlithgow Rose.

Just don't ask me where it started. :thumbsup:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

All the most ridiculous rumours, the ones that would be negative for us and the ones that would be good for Hibs or even just 'Hibs related' rumours seem to get posted on here nowadays with the tag: "... Currently doing the rounds on Facebook"?

Getting a bit ridiculous to be honest, most of these "doing the rounds on Facebook rumours" also seem to appear on Hibs.net.

Shouldn't they at least be tucked away in the Gullit lounge to avoid being accidently given the time of day?

What is the problem then Mothias ?

Is it the Pum's that are posting these "Rumours" ?

Is it Hobo Pums on the wind up ?

Or is it the case that Facepuke is absolute shite ?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Does this "doing the rounds on FB" thing refer to someone's daft Hobo mate posting a windup on their profile for a laugh or does it refer to the comments below the stories on the Hearts FB page?

Nothing against rumours but two things strike me...

*If they were posted in the Gullit lounge I could throw them a big fat rubber ear more easily.

*As a 'source', "Doing the rounds on Facebook" would appear to hold about as much weight as Kate Moss' bra thus far.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If a rumour is doing the rounds on Kickback it can be discussed as it appears and questions asked but if it appears on JKB with no more than "doing the rounds on Facebook" as a source then it implies that the OP does not have a scooby how much relevence there is to the story and that it could have been posted by just anyone on the wind up or wanting attention. At least on a moderated forum like JKB, there is better provision for analysis of the story.

Dunno about anyone else but as soon as I read DTROFB I automaticaly just switch off and do not believe a word of what follows... This is easy enough to do when the title says "DTROFB" but sometimes you get a few lines in before the source is revealed.

As I said no problem with this sort of thing if it is in the Gullit lounge where it is easier to ignore.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

LF,

Apart from that one about Wolves signing a superstar, I would have to say it is the lack of any link or details as to where the person heard it and what made them see it as plausible. Also I am not quite sure what: "doing the rounds on Facebook" actually means precisely.

Tommy Wiseau

Does this "doing the rounds on FB" thing refer to someone's daft Hobo mate posting a windup on their profile for a laugh or does it refer to the comments below the stories on the Hearts FB page?

Nothing against rumours but two things strike me...

*If they were posted in the Gullit lounge I could throw them a big fat rubber ear more easily.

*As a 'source', "Doing the rounds on Facebook" would appear to hold about as much weight as Kate Moss' bra thus far.

In the hierarchy of football transfer news, Facebook would sit somewhere thus:

Official club site

BBC

Broadsheet newspaper

That boy on Kickback who once predicted Rix was getting the sack

Tabloid newspaper

BBC Scotland

My mate Tony who lives in Melbourne and doesn't like football

Roughy and Ewan

The auld **** wi the mobile fae the Jolly Judge

Football Rumours dot co dot uk

The Blackadder DVD box set

Facebook

Some boy telling you his source is Facebook

Chick Young exclusive

:thumbsup:

"Doing the rounds on Facebook" basically means that some boy has posted a wild rumour up on his page, probably as a result of mishearing someone when he was steaming at the pub the previous night.

steak pie supper

Facebook is for sad lonely no marks who have no mates and no chance of getting anywhere in life.So randomly add "friends" to make themselves look popular.Weirdos

Guest Bilel Mohsni

CFA,

Would pretty much agree with that... Maybe we need a Facebook bin... Err sorry 'Facebook Lounge' for these sort or rumours that are in general not even up to the credibility of the Ruud Suite.

Mad Dog Frazer

just dont read it then or if you do ignore it

this is after all a forum were anyone can post what they find may interest others. if it doesnt interest you then don't get involved in it. simple

or message every kickbacker asking that if they have heard a rumour on facebook that if they feel the need to post about it put FACEBOOK RELATED in the main title?

hope ive helped

:thumbsup:

Archived