Confirmed Team News (v Falkirk)

neobis

Banks; Neilson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Mikoliunas, Stewart, Palazuelos, Cesnauskis; Kingston, Elliot.

Subs not used:Basso, Tall, Jonsson, Thomson, Ksnavicius, Screpis, Mole

Banks; Neilson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Mikoliunas, Stewart, Palazuelos, Cesnauskis; Kingston, Elliot.

I predict that if Latapy plays he is going to have a nice easy game, right in between Zaliukas and where Jonsson would be but Stewart/Palazeulos won't.

Return of the 4-5-1 again. After decent results in a 442. Mole decent game last week but left out again. Elliot out of position as the front striker again. 2 lightweight wingers yet again.

Can't wait.

Great, no subs today then.

Mark_Mywords

451 or a strange 442?

Looks like a 4-5-1 with Stewart and Ruben patrolling the midfield allowing Larry, Miko and Chesney to do their thing without too much added defensive resposibility that a 4-4-2 brings.

Either that or one of Miko/ Chesney are being deployed as a striker.

Gigolo-Aunt
Zaliukas GTF you waste of space.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thats the spirit.

The way I see it is Zali has been left out to consider his attitude. Billy big boots will have no doubt had a long think about things when not being involved.

I expect to see a different Zali today.

I predict that if Latapy plays he is going to have a nice easy game, right in between Zaliukas and where Jonsson would be but Stewart/Palazeulos won't.

Return of the 4-5-1 again. After decent results in a 442. Mole decent game last week but left out again. Elliot out of position as the front striker again. 2 lightweight wingers yet again.

Can't wait.

Don't disagree with most of your points but how is Elliot out of position as the front striker?

Plus 5 in midfield is the only time we can get away with 2 wingers, although I'd rather Eggert was in there.

Mark Donaldson just said Kingston will start up front in a 4-4-2

It may be a good way to cover up for his lack of workrate and get the best of his invention on the ball.

The trouble is that our lightweight midfield will still not have enough workrate with Chesney/Miko and Palazuelos all in there.

Don't disagree with most of your points but how is Elliot out of position as the front striker?

Plus 5 in midfield is the only time we can get away with 2 wingers, although I'd rather Eggert was in there.

I think Elliot has shown reasonable form in his last few games when he has played off the main striker. Slightly deeper. But today he will be the front striker and he is not as effective there.

Gigolo-Aunt
I think Elliot has shown reasonable form in his last few games when he has played off the main striker. Slightly deeper. But today he will be the front striker and he is not as effective there.

From what I have read about Mole last week, its a bit harsh on him to be left out.

Still, Elliot will be playing with someone near to him who is more than capable of opening doors.

Mark_Mywords
Elliot up front on his own at Tynie?

Kingston's the only saving grace to that team.

442 .... Elliot & Kingston up front.

Fair enough, but I remember when he first broke in to the team, mostly under Rix, he had a few decent games as the lone striker. A 4-1 against Hibs amongst them.

Ray Winstone

Definitely not happy about Zaliukas returning and Elliot up top on his own.

Less happy that I cant make todays game due to trying to get over a bad bout of food poisoning!

Hoping for a 3-1 win today, but maybe revise that and go for a 1-1 looking at that team.

A copy and paste for your source then?

Regular John
442 .... Elliot & Kingston up front.

If that's the case that's bizarre, I'd never have had Kingston down as being a striker.

He's a playmaker.

As for Elliot, words fail me that's he's our main striker.

Even Mole is more of a threat and should be given a run if this is all we have available.

Do The Dance

Kingston in a Steven Gerrard type role perhaps?

With Calum Elliot our very own Fernando Torres ... :confused:

Fair enough, but I remember when he first broke in to the team, mostly under Rix, he had a few decent games as the lone striker. A 4-1 against Hibs amongst them.

Yep, the game against Celtic too.

Strange that he is going to be removed from a role he was doing okay in during the past few weeks though.

The point about Kingston perhaps giving some better service is a good one though.

As for Zaliukas, perhaps the return to Kaunas of Beniusis will make him raise his game.

Karipidis has been dropped pure and simple. He had a shocker last week and don't get sucked in by the EEN, he is not a good defender and has been nothing but mediocre.

However some people think he has done well because mediocre is absoultely sensational compared to Zaliukas.

I think Kingston in a free role just off the front man could be very good as Kingston will be able to play in the areas to hurt teams. Unfortunately the front man is Elliot and he is absolutely useless.

Disappointed to see Zaliukas, Neilson and Elliot tbh.

Lets be honest though, we should be good enough to beat Falkirk.

Archived