Do we have a plan?

Jamboscanbevicius

Jamboscanbevicius

It has been almost impossible to predict the behaviour of our illustrious leader over the past couple of years, but it seems to me that there is evidence of 'something' recently.

I know there has been talk on here about an exodus of the Lithuanian players. Whether that happens remains to be seen.

But is there a plan behind the FACT that since Christmas we have offloaded arguably our 2 best finishers in Pospisil and Velicka?

Add to that we have all but agreed to sell Bednar, and we've sent Beniusis back to Kaunas. Pilabaitis is gone too.

There seems persistent rumours that Zaliukas, Ivaskevicius, and Kanchelskis will be sent back.

What does all this mean (if anything). Does Vlad/Pedro/Campbell/Mr Mindaugas make a decision about each player in isolation, or are we clearing the decks for a change of strategy/new manager?

Answers on a postcard...

rudi must stay

seems to me at the moment that the plan is off the pitch: new sponsors, new stand... Sadly cos of this the team is going backwards

cessful

It has been almost impossible to predict the behaviour of our illustrious leader over the past couple of years, but it seems to me that there is evidence of 'something' recently.

I know there has been talk on here about an exodus of the Lithuanian players. Whether that happens remains to be seen.

But is there a plan behind the FACT that since Christmas we have offloaded arguably our 2 best finishers in Pospisil and Velicka?

Add to that we have all but agreed to sell Bednar, and we've sent Beniusis back to Kaunas. Pilabaitis is gone too.

There seems persistent rumours that Zaliukas, Ivaskevicius, and Kanchelskis will be sent back.

What does all this mean (if anything). Does Vlad/Pedro/Campbell/Mr Mindaugas make a decision about each player in isolation, or are we clearing the decks for a change of strategy/new manager?

Answers on a postcard...

Those three will be better served at Vlads more successful team,just back to where Benni has gone.

Aint it brilliant how they to will prosper in the sale of Craig Gordon.

Jamboscanbevicius

I agree. It does seem like the plan is off the pitch - and by all accounts we have done pretty well off the pitch since Vlad took over (if you consider the level of debt as manageable because of UBIG)

But everyone who has heard Vlad's plans (Robinson, Deans, Foulkes, Mackay, Ogilvie etc) all seem to have been impressed about the things he wants to do. The fact remains that nobody would invest the amount of money Vlad has, and take on the level of debt he has without wanting things to work on the pitch (as without a winning team the commercial side can't work as we are the consumers of his 'product'.

So has there been a change of tact recently? Has a decision been made behind closed doors to trim the squad and either give youth a chance or let a new manager rebuild?

Even off the pitch though, you can only trust the voice of the message.

The same voices we don't trust with regards to on the field activities we are having to believe with the off the field matters.

Jamboscanbevicius

Not really Kenif.

You can't argue with the number of sell-outs at Tynie, the opening of new stores, merchandise sales, the community programme, and the magnificent 7 campaign.

These results are there for us all to see. Plus the fact that our former commercial Director was head-hunted by the biggest spending team outside the Premiership in QPR!

I agree. It does seem like the plan is off the pitch - and by all accounts we have done pretty well off the pitch since Vlad took over (if you consider the level of debt as manageable because of UBIG)

But everyone who has heard Vlad's plans (Robinson, Deans, Foulkes, Mackay, Ogilvie etc) all seem to have been impressed about the things he wants to do. The fact remains that nobody would invest the amount of money Vlad has, and take on the level of debt he has without wanting things to work on the pitch (as without a winning team the commercial side can't work as we are the consumers of his 'product'.

So has there been a change of tact recently? Has a decision been made behind closed doors to trim the squad and either give youth a chance or let a new manager rebuild?

Did you read what you printed,"pretty well off the pitch" FFS OUR DEBT IS ?38 MILLION.

I think there's always been a plan.

A plan which keeps on getting ripped up and re-written as we lurch from one :whoops:up to another.

I'd estimate that we're currently on about the 5th or 6th version.

Hopefully this version incudes "Employ manager, leave him alone to manage, rip the league up for arse-paper."

I doubt it though.

Jamboscanbevicius

I did read what I wrote Rudi and I stand by it. Remember this has to be relative to what went before.

The debt Vlad took on was never going to just vanish. Yes it has grown but there have undoubtedly been positive aspects to our off field activities which I have mentioned above.

Not really Kenif.

You can't argue with the number of sell-outs at Tynie, the opening of new stores, merchandise sales, the community programme, and the magnificent 7 campaign.

These results are there for us all to see. Plus the fact that our former commercial Director was head-hunted by the biggest spending team outside the Premiership in QPR!

Good points (and correct), I guess I was mostly referring to the stadium plans which I think many people are unsure about.

IMO Vlad has come into this with his eye's closed,his quotes kinda prove that,"We will win the SPL","We will win the CL","We will be bigger than the OF","We will have bigger attendances than the OF","I will change Scottish football".

He really never had a clue did he,so as you say Le Chat his plans change from one week to the next because he didn't/cant get it all his own way, unlike back home.

rudi must stay
Did you read what you printed,"pretty well off the pitch" FFS OUR DEBT IS ?38 MILLION.

this doesn't include the ?9 million we got for Gordon. We have gone up ?8 million apparently from last year so if you take that away we're better than we were.

Jamboscanbevicius

Like you and other Kenif, I am unsure about some aspects of the stadium plan, and I guess you are right. The asurances about it are coming from people like Pedro and it is difficult to trust them given what has happened on the pitch (compared to what they promised)

The biggest positive for me though is that the stadium is a huge investment, and it can only pay off if Vlad can fill a bigger stadium, and I am sure he knows that in order to do that things need to work on the pitch.

It is a risky stategy IMO as it is a big debt, but at least the stadium development might force him to get a manager and a winning team to put bums on seats!

this doesn't include the ?9 million we got for Gordon. We have gone up ?8 million apparently from last year so if you take that away we're better than we were.

Yep things are all rosie now.

We are a mess on and off the pitch,?10 mill in wages alone FFS that is obscene.

rudi must stay
Yep things are all rosie now.

We are a mess on and off the pitch,?10 mill in wages alone FFS that is obscene.

ye that's alot of money. We seem to be getting rid of the high earners though

Jamboscanbevicius

I agree with you rudi and Le Chat.

I think Vlad thought it would be easier to change Scottish football based on the success he'd had in the A Lyga with Kaunas, and the plan (if there is one) has changed several times.

I wonder if any of our friends who know 'insiders' at the club, have heard anything about a change of plan which starts now with clearing out these players to make way for a new manager to rebuild / or even for Frail to bring youth on and have a more realistic goal of competing to be best of the rest outside the OF with homegrown players from the academy?

ye that's alot of money. We seem to be getting rid of the high earners though

And keeping most off the dross.

Jamboscanbevicius

Unfortunately those we are getting rid of (so far at least) cost us very little in transfer fees. Can't see us making a penny back on either of our big money buys - Makela or Beslija!

And I guess Tall is likely to be off for free at the end of the season when his contract's up!

Unfortunately those we are getting rid of (so far at least) cost us very little in transfer fees. Can't see us making a penny back on either of our big money buys - Makela or Beslija!

And I guess Tall is likely to be off for free at the end of the season when his contract's up!

As well as Larry and as far as I have been told Wallace is on his way to Ibrox.

New plan in todays program seems the federation meet Vlad on 15th Jan. Radio Scotland presenters having a good laugh about it. Vlad blaming previous managers

It would be a good point you make, but!........The ?1million "profit" you mention was probably due to SC winning ????? and Euro ?????.

There will, of course, be none of that in next year's accounts. There'll still be a similar horrendous wage bill, mind.

hearts_crazy

I think the plan involves not turning up for must win games and playing with a don't give a feck attitude.

The plan is simple.....

Talk up the young players. Constantly change the goal to one which is ultimately just out of reach eg our new goal is to win the bottom six. Describe every game as must win then send out 1 striker to try and win it. In the meantime concentrate on face painting and shop discounts.

My plan is also simple......

Give the blood pressure a break by spending a few Saturdays shopping, then come back and do it all again next year.

Archived