Valdas Ivanauskas

sked21

Just wanting to see posters opinions on Valdas.

Do you reckon if he was given full autonomy of team selection and the majority of transfers he would have been a success?

Ryan Gosling

I reckon he was given (almost) full autonomy from the Falkirk game he started at to the Athens game. Almost full as in 'Pick the team without Webster when I tell you to'.

I think he would have been more of a success. Whether he would have been an overall success is difficult to tell.

From the time Rix was sacked until the Scottish Cup win, I believe Valdas was given a good amount of control (obviously with the restriction of Webster) and it showed in our performances.

After the Scottish Cup, it became more and more clear there was pressure on him from upstairs and the performances suffered.

Would Valdas have done well in the transfer market? who knows. Would he have even needed to have control of transfers?

Some of the signings we've made have actually been good, it's been the management of them that is the issue.

Jamboscanbevicius

Not sure about Valdas. For some reason I wanted to like him. He had presence and I liked the way he spoke to the media.

He seemed unable to handle the stain of expectation from fans and owner while being given limited autonomy.

We got a decent run when he took over but eventually I think he was not experienced enough to know what to do to turn things around once things were not going so well!

Have to say I really liked Valdas. Seemed very passionate about the club and desperate for Hearts to do well.

Dont know how much control he had over the team when he was here to be honest! Would be interesting to see what kind of signings he would of made if given full control.

Wish he was still here.

Commander Harris

from what frail and others have said it seems Valdas had the least control out of all the "head coaches" we have had so it is very difficult to say how he would do in a job where he had full control.

I think his lies to the fans were a disgrace. 'Gordon needs to rest before a Scotland get together'. 'Gordon has 'flu'.

It is probable though that the deficiencies of the teams he put out were due to Romanov picking the side though.

rudi must stay

don't know if he was a brilliant manager, the players seemed to like him so we would have done ok. Probably not well enough to challenge for the league though

I think Valdas did quite well in his time as manager. He looked under huge pressure though and I think he probably needed to leave for his own health.

Ryan Gosling
Ultimately know.

I think we was incredibaly inexperienced. I think when he was at Kaunas, he was perhaps receive helpful hints!

Therefore he had no experience of the SPL, no managerial experience and proved to be pretty weeked willed (not just Vlad), not a good combination for a manager IMO.

Though that said I don't blame him for anything. The problems emenated further up the chain of command. He tried to work within a system that was fundeemently flawed.

He never had a chance.

Are you pished? :D

Did he not just part ways with Jena in the Bundesliga 2 this season after only a short period in charge?

He did indeed. It was perhaps no coincidence that he was parachuted into another club which was experiencing exactly the same kind of pressures that Hearts had been while he was "manager" - pressure to showcase "emerging talent" from Eastern Europe. I can't remember whether or not the new money at Carl-Zeiss had any direct connection to Romanov, but Valdas was probably seen as someone who was accustomed to working under slightly unusual circumstances.

Drew Busby !

Undoubtedly the best of the bunch in the post-Burley period.

I don't hold it against him that he cracked under the pressure from Vlad and had to go to the funny farm.

He should have taken a leaft out of Shaggy's book and applied a tub of vaseline to take it up the ronson more easily when accomodating Vlad.

Edit: make that downing a pint of rohypnol.

Bindy Badgy

I liked him.

His celebrations when we beat the Tims 2-1 at the start of last season were great.

It's hard to pass judgement on his managerial abilities as his hands were probably tied by the mad one.

Undoubtedly the best of the bunch in the post-Burley period.

I don't hold it against him that he cracked under the pressure from Vlad and had to go to the funny farm.

He should have taken a leaft out of Shaggy's book and applied a tub of vaseline to take it up the ronson more easily when accomodating Vlad.

:rofl::ohmy::rofl:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He lied to the fans constantly.

Should have grown a pair of balls and told Vlad were to go.

Puppet.

jambo walesy

I always seemed to like Valdas he struck me as someone who genuinely cared for the club.

IMO if he was given complete control we would have been more than capable of challenging for the title on a regular basis.

We had more team fiddling under Valdas than any other manager. It wasn't all coming from Vlad. Valdas didn't know what he was doing, but he was lucky enough to have a squad of exceptional players.

Archived