The chibs are out for Gordhon Strapon..

Therapist

Have you read the posts after it? Do these guys ever talk about football or is it just to see who can take most offence at things in their history?

portobellojambo1
in all honesty mate and i am being totally serious from your point off view this is not good news if strachan goes IMHO they will get a far far far far far better manager if you want a beatable celtic gs is our man

Agree totally.

Gordon Strachan being at Celtic is good news. Gordon Strachan getting sacked means someone who knows what they are doing will be brought in, not good news.

chester copperpot
in all honesty mate and i am being totally serious from your point off view this is not good news if strachan goes IMHO they will get a far far far far far better manager if you want a beatable celtic gs is our man

Thats actually a decent point for a change Troon.

Keep Strapon, he's doing a grand job.

Seymour M Hersh

You're probably correct troon but it's still enjoyable to see them bickering and whinging.

Agree with Troon. Do you really want rid of a Celtic manager that signed Evander Sno, Adam Virgo, Paul Telfer and Gary Caldwell?

They might replace him with Tony (what do I do if the other team don't stand back and admire us) Mowbray, who would play in a predictable 1 dimensional style.

This would soon be found out just like it was at the end of his time with Hibs.

While he never seems to have been given a fair deal by the Celtic fans, he has really not helped matters himself.

His hatred of the media stops him from realising that the media are the outlet to get the fans on your side. Fans want answers and look to the media to get them from managers. When he is short and down right rude to the media, he is essentially doing the same to his own fans. Nothing was more ridiculous when he said if a Celtic fan didn't see the press conference in which Pressley was unveiled then they weren't real Celtic fans. I mean, how stupid can you get?

portobellojambo1
So, Strachan gets booted at the end of the season..............Mark McGhee anyone?

I am not a betting man, but if I was I think that would be a reasonable bet to put some cash on. If offered the position at Parkhead I think McGhee would take it.

Walter Kidd

Strachan's problem is he is no "Sellick Minded" i.e. a purveyor of terrorist filth.

MOD EDIT

So, Strachan gets booted at the end of the season..............Mark McGhee anyone?

Heard from a good source that Strachan will be off at the end of the season and McGhee isn't even on the short list for replacements.

Do you know who tops it?

David Moyes

Ha

King of the North
Heard from a good source that Strachan will be off at the end of the season and McGhee isn't even on the short list for replacements.

Do you know who tops it?

David Moyes

Ha

Hope not. Moyes is an excellent manager IMO.

Hope not. Moyes is an excellent manager IMO.

I doubt he would touch Celtic with the proverbial boat stick to be honest mate.

Will only leave Everton for one of Europe's top sides.

Walter Kidd

Can't see it - he would be even worse than Strachan as Moyes was a Rangers fan as a boy. Pictured draped in Union Flag at the Riot Final.

Gigolo-Aunt
Can't see it - he would be even worse than Strachan as Moyes was a Rangers fan as a boy. Pictured draped in Union Flag at the Riot Final.

Played for the Tic though, mate.

Cant see it myself. Moyes stock down in England is very high - it would be a backwards step for him to come up north to either of the OF,IMO.

The Comedian
Agree totally.

Gordon Strachan being at Celtic is good news. Gordon Strachan getting sacked means someone who knows what they are doing will be brought in, not good news.

Or they do what they've done a few times and hire a numpty. Anyone fancy playing the John Barnes era Celtic again?

Walter Kidd

Cant see it myself. Moyes stock down in England is very high - it would be a backwards step for him to come up north to either of the OF,IMO.

Indeed. Why go backwards?

You would think he's headed straight for the top.

But wasn't he quoted recently as saying it would be a great honour to manage either of the OF? Maybe he was just being diplomatic, but it sounded to me as if he was sending a "come and get me" signal.

King of the North

Agreeed - but some ex -OF players see it as the be all and end all. I think and hope Moyes is more intelligent than that.

Gigolo-Aunt
Indeed. Why go backwards?

I suppose it asks the question, where can he go from Everton ??

Would Man United look to him after Fergie ??

Would Chelsea go for him ??

Arsenal ??

Liverpool ??

IMO there are the only clubs in England that would take him to the next level. Have my doubts that the above teams would come knocking for him.

How far can he take Everton ??

Gigolo-Aunt
You would think he's headed straight for the top.

But wasn't he quoted recently as saying it would be a great honour to manage either of the OF? Maybe he was just being diplomatic, but it sounded to me as if he was sending a "come and get me" signal.

Think the word "Diplomatic" is the right word, mate.

IF Celtic could lure him, it would be a fantastic appointment. Certainly a better manager than Strapon.

Buffalo Bill

I could see Moyes leave Goodison one day, but as Gigalo Aunt says: to where?

Man Utd is the only one that strikes me as a possibility in England.

I wouldn't rule him going to Celtic out.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

I think Chelsea and ManU are possibles... Certainly not Liverpool.

I think he would try his luck at one of the OF...

People outwith the confines of Celtic Park who are calling for Strachans head patently know squat about football.

He's doing a fantabulous job there and must be rewarded with a five year contract extension. :)

Think the word "Diplomatic" is the right word, mate.

IF Celtic could lure him, it would be a fantastic appointment. Certainly a better manager than Strapon.

I reckon he'd be a good appointment for almost anyone in the EPL too. I read an article (or heard a piece on the radio, can't remember which) recently about his attitude to the game. Seems he's an obsessive student of the game, can't learn or talk too much about it. Joe Jordan was quoted about rooming with Moyes: endless football discussions into the wee small hours, and even when Jordan tried to turn the conversation to other topics, they still ended up back at football after a few minutes.

Tell you what, I'll bet none of his players mess with him either. Those Marty Feldman eyes...

Do you know who tops it?

David Moyes

Ha

ha what a guy on the verge of breaking into the top 4 in england on a shoestring (relitively)

oh and that was my information as well

Buffalo Bill

he is tic daft i used to know his brother only reason he might not come if is he thinks he can crack into top 4 regular

Archived