Too early to start getting excited?

Vlad-Stupid

The league table looks very pleasing just now, should people now be considering us to be in the title race? Not many points separate us and the old firm, all be it they have a few games in hand, but I believe we can seriously contend provided we don't lose our games against them that are coming up. Like the old firm, we are continuously picking up 3 points even when playing bad. Call me optimistic or even a bit drunk but I'd love to see us push them all the way this year. The last time one of them were shite we finished second, this year they're both shadows of their former selves. If anyone can do it it's JJ.

Off to get more drunker now! M'oan the hearts!

FTH

Edit: apologies for the glaring spelling mistake in the title!

To stand a chance we'd need to go through the next round of games without losing & winning 3/4 of them, to remain in touch, I reckon.

Enjoy what we are doing, the improvement & potential without getting too excited for a title tilt.

Plus we know if we are still in & around it come the end of the deadline the OF will give the word to their friends in the press to start tipping some of our players with them to try & unsettle them.

A draw would be perfect, and a few injuries in the Celtic midfield and the Rangers defence (where both teams are thin on players) would be good for us.

Will be interesting to see what the ugly sisters do in the transfer window and it could be the difference between Hearts getting close or even winning the league...Ljungberg looks to me like it could be a dreadful mistake...Hopefully anyway!

Yyyaaaaassssss going to wiiiiiiin the leeeeeAaaaaggguuueeee!!!!!!!

Easy easybrasy!

Let's see what happens tomorrow. A draw would be good.

With a lot of players sent off and a fair few injuries :thumbsup:

We're closer to the top of the league Than we were at this time in the 05-06 season. Nothing to be gained this season by coming second. So fcuk it. Let's push for the top!!!!!

I would like us to take it one game at at time without gettin excited, league looks fab just now as has been said...but as we know the ugly ones have games in hand but Rangers have 2 games I think in hand with united and United generally do not too bad against them so heres hopin the points balance keeps us in this...I'm delighteed the direction the club is going just now but obviously we all are...One game at a time and heres hopin something could happen...also best wishes to all fellow fans for the new year and it was a nice present to start the year today!!!!, Mon the hearts!

PS: Celtic have been rubbish and I cant believe we are 3rd but lets all push on!!!

We have to play both of the unwashed in January, plus Dundee Utd and Killie. This is the period that will make or break our season, IMO. If we want a serious tilt at the title, we'll need to win at least 3 of those games, I reckon, though if we can avoid losing to both R and C then wins against the other two might be enough to stay in touch at the top.

I'll be wearing my 'One game at a time' hat from here on in.

Had my hopes quashed too often.

Back down to earth guys - the Huns can go 11 clear of us if they win their games in hand and lets face it they probably will. I do think we will be fairly close but I cannot see them screwing up that many of their games.

We should just aim to keep winning and with a bit luck the gruesome twosome will slip up and we will be in a position to take advantage. Football is a funny old game and throws up some strange results. After all who would have thought we would be held to a mere 1-0 victory against a Leith pub team that will probably (hopefully)go down. :smiliz21:

Archived