Pubs showing the game

florahearts

why ask then ,everyone really knows where to go near the ground ,,,,,try the royal nip!!!

[/quote

Sorry for asking, I drive to the games and was going to drop my partner off so he could watch in a nearby pub thats all

four in hand probably for you mate :whistling:

You are not getting the hang of this are you?

Flora, are you parking as close as possible or would you rather have a bit of distance? You could watch it at Haymarket/Ryries/Mercat and make the hubby walk down. Then when he gets there, you have more chance of a "clean break". If you go close to the ground (Diggers/Tynecastle Arms/Robertsons) it is more likely that you will get swallowed up by fans and traffic at both ends.

If this is obvious, apologies, but do not go to the Roseburn or any pub that involves going "the wrong way" down McLeod St.

Ardmillan hotel

Thanks for that, I know Robertson Bar, Tynie Arms etc, but because I drive to all the games, I don't know what one are the best on match days.

Flora, are you parking as close as possible or would you rather have a bit of distance? You could watch it at Haymarket/Ryries/Mercat and make the hubby walk down. Then when he gets there, you have more chance of a "clean break". If you go close to the ground (Diggers/Tynecastle Arms/Robertsons) it is more likely that you will get swallowed up by fans and traffic at both ends.

If this is obvious, apologies, but do not go to the Roseburn or any pub that involves going "the wrong way" down McLeod St.

Many thanks for that.

south morocco

It did sound a bit suspect though at first,if you read the post the girl goes to the games,her partner is not on this occasion ,thank you for your intervention though you are indeed a saint!!

Thanks for that, I know Robertson Bar, Tynie Arms etc, but because I drive to all the games, I don't know what one are the best on match days.

Depends on your preference I s'pose. Robertsons will have choice language and, erm, sensibilities. Diggers will not have a lot of singing and Tynie Arms is ran by a Hibbee.

If I were staying close to the ground, my choice would be Diggers/Ardmillan.

It did sound a bit suspect though at first,if you read the post the girl goes to the games,her partner is not on this occasion ,thank you for your intervention though you are indeed a saint!!

My parnter is a Pars fan and wanted to watch the game in the pub with the Jambo's. I drive to all the games so I don't know the best pubs to go to on derby day. But we are sorted now. :thumbsup:

Depends on your preference I s'pose. Robertsons will have choice language and, erm, sensibilities. Diggers will not have a lot of singing and Tynie Arms is ran by a Hibbee.

If I were staying close to the ground, my choice would be Diggers/Ardmillan.

Cheers. Going for Diggers. :thumbsup:

Cheers. Going for Diggers. :thumbsup:

Good shout FH. Dunno if your hubby is a beer or lager man, but Diggers often has good beers on. Normally Deuchars and other Caley beers. If it is lager, he can drink the mighty Foster's.:thumbsup:

Oh, and my wee cousin works there.

south morocco

My parnter is a Pars fan and wanted to watch the game in the pub with the Jambo's. I drive to all the games so I don't know the best pubs to go to on derby day. But we are sorted now. :thumbsup:

glad you are sorted ,the tynie arms is a good shout for your man,i was only having a bit of banter and am sorry if you were offended ,some people are so serious on this site and dont get irony and humour,hope you have a great night and enjoy the match tomorrow

Good shout FH. Dunno if your hubby is a beer or lager man, but Diggers often has good beers on. Normally Deuchars and other Caley beers. If it is lager, he can drink the mighty Foster's.:thumbsup:

Meant to say, unless you are in a desperate hurry, if I were you, I'd meet hubby for one and let the crowd dissipate a little prior to setting off. New Year Day, Hibs fans angry, not the greatest time to be driving through Gorgie.

Great stuff, I hope I will be having a few wee vodka's myself tomorrow night to celabrate a good win for the Jambo's

glad you are sorted ,the tynie arms is a good shout for your man,i was only having a bit of banter and am sorry if you were offended ,some people are so serious on this site and dont get irony and humour,hope you have a great night and enjoy the match tomorrow

Cheers Have a good one. :thumbsup:

Archived