Craig Gordon save v Partick Thistle

h-e-a-r-t-s

I hear it was his best, but can't recall it and can't find any footage online. Anyone know where it is or what game it was?

Amazing save vs Motherwell. The one vs Partick was in the Scottish Cup game from the same season. Free kick to Partick, hit with power, took a nick off the wall that completely wrong-footed Gordon but he adjusted his feet and body superbly to knock it away. If someone has footage, please get it uploaded!! Both saves in fact!

No, not the Motherwell one. There is quite a bit of footage of that. But Gordon himself said after the Bolton save that his best ever was against Partick Thistle. And I have no idea which one he is talking about. Must have been a cup game? Maybe the game we won 2-1 in 06?

Gordon's best save, in terms of what it meant to the outcome, was at Easter Road against that big horse that used to play centre half for Hibs.

marshallschunkychicken

No, not the Motherwell one. There is quite a bit of footage of that. But Gordon himself said after the Bolton save that his best ever was against Partick Thistle. And I have no idea which one he is talking about. Must have been a cup game? Maybe the game we won 2-1 in 06?

First game I thought of was the 06 game, watched that in Lyon. Can't really remember anything particular about that game though. It was on Sky on the telly, as I watched it in the Wallace Bar, so you'd imagine it would be available somewhere.

Think it was against motherwell mate from clarkson if i remember right?

That'll be why the threads called Gordon's save vs Partick then Neil mate :whistling::smiliz64: :santa1:

Aye Partick in the cup at Tynie ( 2-1 )

First game I thought of was the 06 game, watched that in Lyon. Can't really remember anything particular about that game though. It was on Sky on the telly, as I watched it in the Wallace Bar, so you'd imagine it would be available somewhere.

Chesny lashed a curler in at the School end, with Janny ( I think ) heading one in at the Gorgie end?

Partick boy dribbled through the entire Hearts defence before sliding the ball past CG ........nice goal

I have to say :santa4:

The save was from a deflected free kick ...........blasted to his left but deflected too his right - superb save :thumbsup:

Chesny lashed a curler in at the School end, with Janny ( I think ) heading one in at the Gorgie end?

Partick boy dribbled through the entire Hearts defence before sliding the ball past CG ........nice goal

The save was from a deflected free kick ...........blasted to his left but deflected too his right - superb save :thumbsup:

correct mid air change of direction - awesome!

marshallschunkychicken

Hehe better memory than me!

I remember those incidents just now, just couldn't remember the game they were in.

Thinking back, the game will either be on Glorious or the Road to the Scottish Cup DVDs surely?

I remember those incidents just now, just couldn't remember the game they were in.

Thinking back, the game will either be on Glorious or the Road to the Scottish Cup DVDs surely?

Jings you're right

I watched it ( Glorious ) maybe a fortnight ago too, but I dont think that save was featured, just the 3 goals ?

The one vs Partick was in the Scottish Cup game from the same season. Free kick to Partick, hit with power, took a nick off the wall that completely wrong-footed Gordon but he adjusted his feet and body superbly to knock it away. If someone has footage, please get it uploaded!! Both saves in fact!

I thought this was against Livingston.

Either way, I was right behind it sitting in Lower G and I remember nobody applauding because no-one could quite believe what they'd just seen.

Unforgettable, apart from the opponents...

It isn't on the Cup DVD unfortunately. I went through it a year or two looking for that save.

I remember the partick fans rising to their feat to applaud that save. Was a real moment to remember.

Arsenal scouts were at Tynie that day as well - they regret not moving on Gordon.

I went to Arsenal v Sunderland last season and Gordon got a round of applaise from the Gunners too.

Deodato

There's 6 notable absentees from that top 10 (although 1 of them, the bolton one was made after that video was uploaded).

The one from Clarkson at point blank range in stoppage time v well.

The save he made versus Partick as already discussed in the cup quarter final.

Preventing Hibs taking a 3-2 lead late on from Rob Jones.

The one he made at Livingston when he got up a tipped a shot over the bar on the rebound.

The save he made from Thomas Buffell in a 1-1 draw with Rangers at Tynecastle.

And the one from Zat Knight the other week at home to Bolton for Sunderland. Some of the saves he made in that video for Sunderland are against a better calibre of opposition, but in terms of the save he had to make, I would argue that the 6 above were more difficult saves to make.

Rudolf's Mate

Seem to remember a save Gordon did in which he made a save and from the rebounds he immediately made a further 2 point blank saves within seconds?

Seem to remember a save Gordon did in which he made a save and from the rebounds he immediately made a further 2 point blank saves within seconds?

Sparta Prague are the team you are I thinking of I reckon. Cant find it on the web now though. Im sure someone has it somewhere. :thumbsup:

Possibly Sparta Prague at Murrayfield? It's on the video posted earlier.

only goal he conceded at the Gorgie end the entire season.

Rudolf's Mate

Sparta Prague are the team you are I thinking of I reckon. Cant find it on the web now though. Im sure someone has it somewhere. :thumbsup:

Could be right. After the game the other week in which he made that save, I spoke to mates in work and said that was the norm for him when he played for us and it's almost what we expected of him.

It'll be a disgrace if this boy doesn't end up at a bigger club than Sunderland. In a way, you could arfue that the price they paid may actually hinder any further move, as surely they'd want a return or at least their money back & I just don't think many clubs are happy to pay 10m+ for a keeper.

Randle P McMurphy

pretty sure it was AEK Athens

Bobby_swing_the_bar

I sit in the Gorgie Stand. Freekick to Partick about 20 yards out, takes a massive deflection. Somehow Craig G changed direction in mid air and saved it. Astounding.

That Partick Thistle game was the hardest match of our cup run, we were on the ropes for the last 20 mins.

mulleted_jambo

There is no doubt in my mind that the save Vs Motherwell is the best save I have ever witnessed live in all my years as a Hearts fan. It was unbelievable!!!!

I'm sure everyone else at the game will agree!

Remain Nameless

Great save undoubtedly and as much as I think Craig is one of the best, if not the best in terms of consistency, greatest saves I have seen live IMHO are Henry Smith from Tommy Coyne at Tynecastle Nov 1991 and Henry again at Tannadice from Maurice Malpas April '86.

Everyone talks about the Motherwell one but I agree with OaG That the better one was the one against the giraffe, the one against Motherwell was all about Gordon's great anticipation and reactions

The one against the vermin at the cabbage patch however, he had no right to save that one at all and took everything out of his locker to do it

Archived