BBC Classic Match - "This! Is! Un-Believable!"

:shitwine:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9330573.stm

Sorry if it's already posted. As someone who taped the pathetic highlights at the time, I think this is a great package. For one, there's commentary (because the live game was Celtic v Aberdeen, for some reason, it was only analysis), and it sounds genuine, unlike the embarrassing commentary by Donkey on the Late Late Show DVD that tried to duplicate his (awesome) live commentary. I'd never actually seen Hibs penalty decision since the game (an since I was in the Gorgie End, I didn't have a great view of it) - well done 8 years later, BBC.

On a side note, I feel mildly aggrieved that the ER classic was the 6-2 thumping - surely 5-1 or 4-0 was the only way to even it out?

Best. Game. Ever.

Seriously, none of the 4-0's felt as good as that draw did.

I was still punching the air watching that again.

2-2 in the 88th minute and it finishing 4-4. Mental game.

Sorry if it's already posted. As someone who taped the pathetic highlights at the time, I think this is a great package. For one, there's commentary (because the live game was Celtic v Aberdeen, for some reason, it was only analysis), and it sounds genuine, unlike the embarrassing commentary by Donkey on the Late Late Show DVD that tried to duplicate his (awesome) live commentary. I'd never actually seen Hibs penalty decision since the game (an since I was in the Gorgie End, I didn't have a great view of it) - well done 8 years later, BBC.

On a side note, I feel mildly aggrieved that the ER classic was the 6-2 thumping - surely 5-1 or 4-0 was the only way to even it out?

Not often i'm happy with a draw against those failures but I sure was that day!

Points to note

Roddy Mackenzie was awful that day (as was elvis)

De Vries set up 2 and scored 1

And finally - HOW THE **** DID NICK COLGAN NOT GET SENT OFF FOR HIS HACK ON KIRKIE?

Hearts Heritage

First time I've seen the Hibs goals.

What it doesn't show is Mixu's contribution to goal 8. The ball was going out for a goal kick but Mixu clatters into Pressley giving away the free kick. If it had been a goal kick there is no doubt the Ref would have blown for time. Instead He played on until the end of the 'free kick' move.

First time I've seen the Hibs goals.

What it doesn't show is Mixu's contribution to goal 8. The ball was going out for a goal kick but Mixu clatters into Pressley giving away the free kick. If it had been a goal kick there is no doubt the Ref would have blown for time. Instead He played on until the end of the 'free kick' move.

I don't think it was going out for a goal kick but he did put in an absolutely needless foul if memory serves me right.

Best. Game. Ever.

Seriously, none of the 4-0's felt as good as that draw did.

I was still punching the air watching that again.

2-2 in the 88th minute and it finishing 4-4. Mental game.

It's definitely my favourite draw of all time! Our row was empty except for me and my Dad at 4-2 - the celebrations for those who stayed were unreal. The only goal that comes close to rivalling that delerium at Tynecastle in recent years was Quitongo's goal against Celtic!

Hearts Heritage

I don't think it was going out for a goal kick but he did put in an absolutely needless foul if memory serves me right.

If not McKenzie gathers it kicks it upfield and that would have been it ......

If not McKenzie gathers it kicks it upfield and that would have been it ......

If the flair team had been able to pass the ball about for 20 seconds instead of humping it up the park, they'd have seen it out no bother.

Thanks for the hoof and and the physical play from Paatelainen ya Hibby bar stewards.

:thumbsup:

Cheers for that.

Cracking game that was. Probably one of the best derby Iv watched between Hearts and Hibs.

Victor Meldrew

I was in London listening to it on the radio and turned off at 3-2, only to be phoned about 10 minutes later by my Dad who told me the good news!

Interestingly, that is the only time in the last ten years that Hibs have scored more than 2 goals against us in a derby, whereas we must have done it half a dozen times. What's more, even when they did manage it, they couldn't beat us.

Johanes de Silentio

Remember sitting in the Gillsland after the game - the place was full of delirious Jambos, but nobody could speak for laughing!

******* brilliant! :lol:

never seen scenes like it in the street after the 4-4 roar. folk looking at each other and realising it had to be a hearts equaliser.

i left at 2-4 but it didn't matter a monkeys to me.

just noticed that the vermin should have had a free kick in the lead up to our 3rd. tough shite.

Love that game, the mrs talked me into staying at 4-2 (it was her birthday and she's not even a Hearts fan) and I can't even explain the feeling at the end

never seen scenes like it in the street after the 4-4 roar. folk looking at each other and realising it had to be a hearts equaliser.

i left at 2-4 but it didn't matter a monkeys to me.

just noticed that the vermin should have had a free kick in the lead up to our 3rd. tough shite.

Hibs should have played the last 60 mins with 10 men. How their keeper never got sent off for our penalty is an outrage. btw usual place tomororw pre match?

Two extrememly well taken goals from Weir. De Vries' equaliser was well taken too actuallly. I remember I was working in a sports shop at the time and couldn't go to the game. A female customer asked me what the score was and I told her Hibs won 4-2 (as I had just received the text about Hibs 4th goal and it was about 4:53pm IIRC!). She said that she was pleased for Hibs as it was about time they won! Little did I know that there was to be such joyous scenes from the home support for a most unexpected draw! Probably the only time I've ever celebrated a draw so much!

peebles jambo

And that is why you should never leave s game early!

i have to admit i left at 2-4, never again will i leave again before the final whistle,great to see again though

A great comeback but it was still only a draw. The mate who i go to games with was working down south that day and couldn't make it so went with the Doug..."MillerJambo60" We left at 4-2 and walking back down the road, we heard a roar, we thought it was the Final whistle, then we heard another and said "what the fux goin on!?" Then we heard another and the faint sounds of Scott Wilson's voice in the stadium, got back to the car and that's when we heard what the final score was on the radio. A wee bit miffed but two points, 1- we'd managed to scramble back to get a draw and 2- it was still only a draw at the end of the day. My highlights of that game were looking at the Hubz fans faces over the next few days, pure ragin! That will stay with me forever!!

Two extrememly well taken goals from Weir. De Vries' equaliser was well taken too actuallly. I remember I was working in a sports shop at the time and couldn't go to the game. A female customer asked me what the score was and I told her Hibs won 4-2 (as I had just received the text about Hibs 4th goal and it was about 4:53pm IIRC!). She said that she was pleased for Hibs as it was about time they won! Little did I know that there was to be such joyous scenes from the home support for a most unexpected draw! Probably the only time I've ever celebrated a draw so much!

The most memorable match ever for me. Remember celebrating in the Wheatefield for at least 10 mins after the 4th goal went in. I had an injured leg for 6 months due to the number of seats I dived over when the 4th went in.

Was at that game with a couple of Brentford boys from Laaaandon and a big crowd of local mates. The Londoners couldn't believe Hearts were outsinging Hibs and were losing. Every time Hibs scored their fans cheered then sat down and shut up. I think everyone in the stadium knew who the better team was. Anyway, bumped into those two same fellas at a wedding down there recently and they were still going on about it. Said it was one of the best football experiences of their lives and they have followed Hearts' from afar ever since.

They also started singing the '4-2 and you f#cked it up'tune much to the distaste of the wedding party.

i have to admit i left at 2-4, never again will i leave again before the final whistle,great to see again though

I left at 2-4 as well I must admit. I thought I was one of the faithful fans as people were leaving at 2-3! Heard the announcement of 3-4 as I got to Wheatfield Street but still thought it was over. The roar that followed was one of the most incredible things I will ever experience. I phoned my brother who was in the ground and all I could hear was the sheer bedlam inside Tynecastle.

SectionDJambo

I remember turning to my mate as Roddy McKenzie was about to hit the free kick to say "surely not".

The feeling when that 4th goal went in was unique. From the depths of despair to absolute joy in the space of a couple of minutes. Even when we did it to Rangers at Tynecastle in the 80s, it didn't feel like that.

Wayne, Austin and Jose's goals come very close, but never before, or again,have I been part of celebrations like that.

Daz, are you able to strip the commentary from that video and do some editing to put Mark Donaldson's over it?

The commentary for all 8 goals is on the Two Tribes mix here

There will be a way but it's past my skills using video editing stuff :teehee:

ive still got an unused ticket for this game somewhere

can still remember lying in bed ill listening to this, if i had the energy to get out of bed i probably would have turned it off before the end

alas i was one of the few lucky/unlucky ones to hear this on the radio live

A great comeback but it was still only a draw. The mate who i go to games with was working down south that day and couldn't make it so went with the Doug..."MillerJambo60" We left at 4-2 and walking back down the road, we heard a roar, we thought it was the Final whistle, then we heard another and said "what the fux goin on!?" Then we heard another and the faint sounds of Scott Wilson's voice in the stadium, got back to the car and that's when we heard what the final score was on the radio. A wee bit miffed but two points, 1- we'd managed to scramble back to get a draw and 2- it was still only a draw at the end of the day. My highlights of that game were looking at the Hubz fans faces over the next few days, pure ragin! That will stay with me forever!!

It wasn't a draw.

We won 4-4.

Hibs season absolutely collapsed after that result too.

:thumbsup:

I was gutted to go 4-2 down after having levelled things from 2-0 down. Such has been our dominance over them, I fully expected us to go on and secure the win with them feeling like they threw away their chance and bottling it yet again.

I left at 4-2 and when I heard the celebrations for the third, I went back out onto the concourse to establish who was in possession.

When I seen it with us, I waited to see the equaliser go in and the hibs bottling had transpired after all, albeit in more unusual circumstances.

Will never see or feel a draw against them like that again!

Another one added to the "Why we are TopDogs and you are shite" roll-call.

Tam McManus was, is and always will be an irrelevance - Another "gadgey" scumbag playing for the team whose followers live on the wrong side of the street as Eric Milligan rightly once said. He cared too much about us and endearing himself to Hibs fans for non-playing reasons as opposed to endeavouring to better himself on the field (if that was possible).

Hibs have always had players like this and continue to do so with "Deek" being the epitomy of this loser mentality (e.g. encourage hibs fans with the refugee pesh whilst Mr Scacel comes out on top at the business end time and time again)

If their was ever a good example why not leave a match it was that game. Well done to the lads that day it Was Unbelievable!

I couldn't make the match and had to listen to it on the radio. Cue much stomping around the house and shouts of "just turn the bloody thing off if it's going to get you in a mood" from the other room. Followed by a barrage of test messages from Hibees. I enjoyed sending the replies.

How Hibs got to 4-2 in front baffled me? The late goals are rightly at the front of everyones memory of that game, but in the 2nd half at 2-2 we had chance after chance and were all over Hibs.

The Old Tolbooth

I still can't believe we didn't win the 4-4 game, we absolutely played that mob off the park that day and could have had double figures, I was struck dumb that we were 4-2 down when Hibs had only crossed the half way line 4 or 5 times in the entire 90 minutes!

Then there was the ending with the muppets singing "happy new year" to us one minute, and us replying "happy new Weir" the next :lol:

I used to stand behind the away dugout and on that day some of the lads were on top of it at the

end of the game.

Gorgie Rd was bedlam, " 4-2 and you messed it up" was the song

Think fat Bob was manager of hobos at that time and he blamed all the added time on at the end because

a Hearts fan had thrown a bottle of whisky on the pitch.

I still can't believe we didn't win the 4-4 game, we absolutely played that mob off the park that day and could have had double figures, I was struck dumb that we were 4-2 down when Hibs had only crossed the half way line 4 or 5 times in the entire 90 minutes!

Then there was the ending with the muppets singing "happy new year" to us one minute, and us replying "happy new Weir" the next :lol:

I left at 3-4 thinking "nah............it's not going to happen" :(

Anyway your summation is quite right JM

I was actually quite calm at 0-2 cos we were playing much better and they just happened to snatch 2 goals from a blunder and a set piece. We kept our nerve though and at 2-2 I thought we had a great head of steam up and would surely go on to win it 3-2?

Now correct me if I'm wrong here. CL subbed Nelly McFarlane and Boyack at 2-2, and IMO we lost momentum right there and then?

Now it may have been an enforced change but I've always had a suspicion that CL was shoring the team up at that point and happy to take a point :down:

An absolutely unbelievable finish to a game.

I was sitting about four rows behind the away dugout for the game. I remember a couple of the hibs bench turning round and giving it big licks to the Hearts support when the Hibs 4th went in. When Hearts 4th went in I along with about a dozen others ran down to the Hibs bench and battered it stupid celebrating that equiliser. There isn't a word to describe how gutted that Hibs bench looked at that moment.

Felt better than many victories.

It's definitely my favourite draw of all time! Our row was empty except for me and my Dad at 4-2 - the celebrations for those who stayed were unreal. The only goal that comes close to rivalling that delerium at Tynecastle in recent years was Quitongo's goal against Celtic!

Spot on mate. :thumbsup:

Archived