Tron - Daft Punk Soundtrack

Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler

Daft Punk are a superb dance music act. However, the Tron soundtrack is absolutely immense and really shows them to be talented musical composers.

If you think of the epic synthesiser sounds in the likes of say the newer Batman films it's like that but probably more musical. For a dance act to produce a score like that is brilliant, it's modern day classical music.

The CD is now on my shelf next to the works of John Barry.

It's an excellent album, I agree.

However, my cd is nowhere near John Barry, he is away along to the left beside the other "B"s. ;)

I'm listening to it right now, it really is superb, and I'm not generally a fan of synthesiser/electronica pop/dance stuff. I think it's true though that the best music in any genre can be appreciated on it's own merit.

The only good thing about a stinky film.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Went to see Tron: Legacy yesteday in 3D at the IMAX - great way to watch the movie.

Didn't realize Daft Punk did the music until I noticed their little cameo halfway through :lol:

I have no interest in seeing the movie (the original bored me and I even fell asleep during one showing) however I absolutely love the soundtrack. Just wish some of the tracks were longer.

Also popped over to spotify and though i'm not the biggest fan of knob twiddling music, derezzed is an absolute belter of a track.

Now waiting on a serious ribbing from JOH :whistling:

The soundtrack pretty much saves the film. I have had the album for a few weeks now and cant get enough of it.

JamboRossi79

Currently free to download album via mflow, just follow the instructions :

Once you have registered with Mflow your user name will appear along the top of the screen at the top right. There are three headings on the screen once you log in - Discover, Feeds and your username. If you click on your user name there is a drop down with various headings including edit account, edit profile and redeem codes. If you click on redeem codes a box will appear and you just put it in there. Rather long winded but hopefully you will find it now.

It will then be in your download section, sorted.

Archived