Mr 'I Like um young!' (Merged Threads)

wright1989

Merouane Zemmama's return offers Hibs real hope of a recovery

Published Date: 31 December 2010

By Stuart Bathgate

THERE have been few reasons to be cheerful for Hibernian in 2010, a year in which they seemed to lurch from one crisis to another. As they look forward to visiting Tynecastle tomorrow, however, they are in a considerably more hopeful mood than they would have been just a few days ago - thanks largely to the return of Merouane Zemmama.

The Moroccan midfielder came off the bench against Dundee United on Wednesday night for his first game in nine months, and played his part in the home team's fightback to claim a point. He was tentative going into some tackles, and did nothing at all, confidence on the ball made a marked difference for team-mates whose self-belief has been draining away in recent months.

It would be wrong to expect Zemmama to turn everything round on his own, and he knows it could take him some time to get back to his best. But his optimism is infectious, and even if it may seem unrealistic to outsiders, it will surely have a positive effect on the Hibs squad.

"When we have a full squad, we are good," he said. "We know each other well, so if everyone stays fit until the end of the year then I'm sure we can get third place or fourth place - no doubt.

"The difference between us and the third place is not that much. We just need two wins and the confidence will be back in the team and we can start from there."

Hibs have only managed two wins since Colin Calderwood took over as manager ten games ago, but Zemmama is aware of how tight the SPL is, and of how quickly fortunes can change. "Hearts were struggling last year when we were flying," he recalled. "But at the end of the season they did well and got into the top six. I'm sure we can do that."

Hibs will need other clubs to lose form if they are to force their way into the top six and then maintain the upwards momentum, and Hearts for one have shown no sign of doing that. Zemmama added, however, that his own team would concentrate on their own form, and suggested a win at Tynecastle tomorrow would give them a massive boost.

"We are focused on ourselves, not on others. We will look to win this game and start from there.

"In derby games, the league positions don't matter. They are special games.

"Maybe we have been missing some luck. We should have beaten Dundee United in the second half because we had a lot of chances, but couldn't turn them into a goal. We just need more luck."

In an ideal world the 27-year-old would like to start tomorrow's game, but knows he could be more effective coming off the bench. "I would be very happy if I started against Hearts, but I am just coming back to fitness so I have to be careful. The gaffer knows what is best for the team.

"He has been very good with me.

If it was another person in this situation he might make me start all the time and that would be bad for me because I just came back. But the gaffer has been very careful with me and I just wanted to do my best for the team when I came on. I got some tackles but the referee did well to protect me. I just need more games to get used to the tackles again. The bounce games I played in were very careful, so all I need now is some kicks to get the confidence back.

'The fans are always expecting a lot from you, especially when you did well before. They will not understand like the manager and other players that I am just coming back. They want to see me like before and hopefully I can do that for them for the next few games.

'It will take me a little bit of time to get 100 per cent in terms of my form, but not too long. Then I will give them everything."

They really are somewhere else. :teehee:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

.:blink:

if everyone stays fit until the end of the year then I'm sure we can get third place or fourth place - no doubt.

The difference between us and the third place is not that much.

We just need two wins and the confidence will be back in the team and we can start from there."

Zemmama is aware of how tight the SPL is, and of how quickly fortunes can change.

Maybe we have been missing some luck. We should have beaten Dundee United in the second half because we had a lot of chances, but couldn't turn them into a goal. We just need more luck."

Delusion of a monumental proportion!!! Dear god, where do they get these guys!!! :ermm:

Then there is this... What can only be described as... hilarious Woofterishness... :D

I am just coming back to fitness so I have to be careful. The gaffer knows what is best for the team.

If it was another person in this situation he might make me start all the time

I got some tackles but the referee did well to protect me.

I just need more games to get used to the tackles again.

And this character is their great hope???!!!???!!!

Dinnae make me laugh ma' ****** off!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hope Big Ade and Blacky are reading this - he will absolutely crap himself if anyone tries to tackle him - not a great message to put out before this sort of game - never mind he will have Roaster Murray out there to protect him I suppose - what a complete joke - get tore in about them lads!!!

Surely Hibs fans still don't buy this pish talk.Story is in today's Sun with Zemmama saying that they still belief they can catch us and they are not that far off 3rd spot.Also Calderwood reveals that Riordan may leave in January.

I reckon St Mirren can win the league next year. all they have to do is win all their games.

Oh my, i'm simply dumbfounded at that wee primary schoolgirl lovers delusion.

what a class A ramjet!

What he fails to remember is the reason Hearts nearly caught Hibs isn't particularly cos we did so well 2nd half of the season, but because Hibs had the worst win-loss ratio in Britain from December onwards, they were so shit.

Even if we slip, not on yer nelly will it be of hibernianesque proportions. Only a hibby bubble can burst quite so spectacularly

The Future's Maroon

I needed a laugh this morning!

What a bellend he really is, Hibs will be lucky to win another 6/7 games all season...he is a funny wee beast aint he!

Mate phopned me today re. arrangements for pre-match tomorrow

He mentioned that Zemmama had hauled the Hobos back from 0-2 down and I have to say I had a minor panic

attack as he wasn't previously in my script for an expected Tynie Tanking of the Hobos ?

Thankfully it's now dawned on me that he STILL reads the feckin hootsman so it's all become clear.

I watched the highlights to try and gauge his performance and he touched the ball once that I recall.

Nor did I realise that Swanson got himself sent off leaving United a man down for the final 15 mins

Move along now............nothing to see here :thumbsup:

Delusion has just been taken to a new level. 20 points and it's not even the New Year you Hobo muppet :thumbsup:

I sense a bit of denial emanating from Leith about their relegation dogfight :thumbsup:

He mentioned that Zemmama had hauled the Hobos back from 0-2 down and I have to say I had a minor panic

attack as he wasn't previously in my script for an expected Tynie Tanking of the Hobos ?

Thankfully it's now dawned on me that he STILL reads the feckin hootsman so it's all become clear.

I watched the highlights to try and gauge his performance and he touched the ball once that I recall.

Nor did I realise that Swanson got himself sent off leaving United a man down for the final 15 mins

I believe that Zemmamma actually came on at half time.....when the score was 2-1 to Dundee Utd :whistling:

kingantti1874

The gap will be closer to 40 points between the 2 sides come the end of the season - even last season when we started shite we absolutely dominated all 4 derby fixtures, 2 wins and 2 draws was hard in us and mainly due to negative tactics from the muppet.

Zemmamma, Benji (altho this bheast has moved on), Liam Miller and Stokes (moved on) never at any stage have they troubled Hearts in a derby.

The only player who is even half dangerous is the wee jakey ratboy and his discipline is so bad - we need to noise him up and he will go for an early bath.

What a bunch of ramjets!

Zemmamma, Benji (altho this bheast has moved on), Liam Miller and Stokes (moved on) never at any stage have they troubled Hearts in a derby.

The only player who is even half dangerous is the wee jakey ratboy and his discipline is so bad - we need to noise him up and he will go for an early bath.

What a bunch of ramjets!

I agree about Deeks, he can score out of nothing ( and usually has to ) but if we keep him quiet that ought to be that.

To be honest when the mate mentioned it my first recollection was actually of Benji :o ......and that time when he left

Elvis and one or two others for dead with a dummy on the edge of the 6yd box :angry:

As you say though, whilst a shock is always on the cards ........there is really no evidence to suggest they can hope to

outplay us with the mince they have.

Arthur Morgan

I agree about Deeks, he can score out of nothing ( and usually has to ) but if we keep him quiet that ought to be that.

To be honest when the mate mentioned it my first recollection was actually of Benji :o ......and that time when he left

Elvis and one or two others for dead with a dummy on the edge of the 6yd box :angry:

As you say though, whilst a shock is always on the cards ........there is really no evidence to suggest they can hope to

outplay us with the mince they have.

That was actually Zemmama but who cares... It was only once though and he is still sheet! :D

He is deluded if he thinks they can catch us, being only 20 points behind... :lol:

Honestly some of the shit that these players have been saying to papers is pure comical. What planet do they live on?

Cant wait till tomorrow to rip them a new one...

Archived