Tynecastle Anthem

Gambo

Celtic/Liverpool have 'Walk On', Rangers have 'Follow Follow', Cologne have 'Loch Lomond' etc etc, why do we need a tune like 'Wake Up' by Arcade Fire (great tune though) for the players to enter the pitch when we have the greatest football anthem known to mankind.............The Hearts Song!

I am of the opinion that that song should be belted out by every man women and child who is there to support the Heart of Midlothian FC in Tynecastle, with hand on Heart, belt it out loud and proud, get the hairs on the back of your neck standing as Scott Wilson plays the first few bars of the original version.

We have a club song to be proud off...............lets show it from the start on Saturday, lets have Scott turning the volume down as 14,000 Heart of Midlothian FC fans take over.

Away up in Gorgie......................................................

:thumbsup:

ps could the mods take out the extra 'y' in the title? :whistling:

100 percent agree. should be played at the start of each half. other anthems like wake up can be played before it. Scott does a great job though.

100 percent agree. should be played at the start of each half. other anthems like wake up can be played before it. Scott does a great job though.

Scott does a great job, but as supporters, lets not let Scott and Hector do all the work.

A wonderful club song. 100% it should be belted out.

(Mind you "come feel the noise" was brill at Ham-dump)

Aye the place was bouncing.

Guest Dr. Pepper

Its not even a good song :vrface:

It was requested by someone on here and played at the next home match, fingers crossed he reads this fred and gets it to **** sharpish.

The Hearts song please

Celtic/Liverpool have 'Walk On', Rangers have 'Follow Follow', Cologne have 'Loch Lomond' etc etc, why do we need a tune like 'Wake Up' by Arcade Fire (great tune though) for the players to enter the pitch when we have the greatest football anthem known to mankind.............The Hearts Song!

I am of the opinion that that song should be belted out by every man women and child who is there to support the Heart of Midlothian FC in Tynecastle, with hand on Heart, belt it out loud and proud, get the hairs on the back of your neck standing as Scott Wilson plays the first few bars of the original version.

We have a club song to be proud off...............lets show it from the start on Saturday, lets have Scott turning the volume down as 14,000 Heart of Midlothian FC fans take over.

ps could the mods take out the extra 'y' in the title? :whistling:

A wonderful club song. 100% it should be belted out.

(Mind you "come feel the noise" was brill at Ham-dump)

Was that not Celtic Park, Coca Cola Cup Final when the teams came out for the second half? Amazing atmosphere for that song.

What was the instrumental after the 4-0 Hampden mauling of hibs ... everybody was jumping like mad.

Sergio Garcia

We get that belted out as loud as we can and we can intimidate any opponent whilst showing our players what it means to us. It can only gee them up further

ToadKiller Dog

Hearts song before KO first half every home game should be a must . Like hey jude at start of second in the derby or against the uglies .

California Uber Alles could work. Just need to come up with something to replace California, something like Jambo Army maybe? A few years ago it would have been Gorgie Aggro.

check out Andy Stewart singin "The Heart of Midlothian" on itunes.

barry wee tune, reckon we'd all get into that if it was played every week! :thumbsup:

wish it was better known amoungst our support to be honest...the Club shouldve made this a stable part of their pre match music years ago :verymad:

Seymour M Hersh

Kate Melua corner in the Caley Sample Room would suggest this

What an effing dirge!! That would have everyone slashing their wrists. :down:

Agree with OP. I don`t mind a decent rousing rock/pop or whatever tune played either side of the Hearts Song but not some dreary, drab carp like Arcade Fire.

I agree. I don't think much of the Arcade 5 song and I detested the acdc thing. No need for them or anything else when we such have a great song in the hearts song which will be belted out tomorrow by me and the laddie. C'mon Scott get the party started tomorrow :santa1:

Makes the hairs all over ye stand up! It's the ONLY song for before kick off! Let's belt it out folks!

Gawd, ma nerves are going already!

Lynn :ninja:

Archived