Team Vs Hibs

julienbrellier

julienbrellier

i'm thinking:

Kello

Jonsson Zal Bouzid Palezuelos (don't think it's sensible for Wallace to make a derby return given the intensity of the match)

Temps Train Black Rudi

Sleeves Kyle

will be very dissapointed if other elliot starts and would prefer if glen came on for sleeves in the second half to give him his chance against the wee team

i'm thinking:

Kello

Jonsson Zal Bouzid Palezuelos (don't think it's sensible for Wallace to make a derby return given the intensity of the match)

Temps Train Black Rudi

Sleeves Kyle

will be very dissapointed if other elliot starts and would prefer if glen came on for sleeves in the second half to give him his chance against the wee team

Do you mean 4-4-2 or do you mean our usual formation? if the latter then i agree obviously but im not sure we will have our first choice line up available.

julienbrellier

actually i take it by "the usual" u mean rudi through the centre with sleeves and temps as wing forwards? I would say that it doesnt make much difference whether we play this formation or a 4-4-2 to be honest. although i do think rudi in the centre is now his best position as with black and train behind him, he is afforded a free role.

who is doubtful? i've heard sleevsy may not play which would hurt us as clum would have to play. from what news sources are saying it is highly unlikely that skacel won't start. is Kello available? If not McDonald is a very good second keeper so i have no concerns there.

think we will win 2-0, but can definately see maybe a 4 or 5-0. will be sticking a tenner on 2-0 temps to score at any time.

Yea i meant the 4-5-1 or variation on. Rudi doesn thave it in him to play as an out and out winger anymore i dont think. If S.Elliott is out id actually like to see Arvy and Temps out wide and Kyle up top. They can both play as forwards. Calum isnt suited to that wide role. I really hope Kello is back. He just instills such confidence in the back four and the fans.

I would make three changes if possible - IN Kello, Elliott and Skacel - OUT McDonald, Elliot and Temps

I feel Temps has played a bit too much football and if I were JJ would protect him from the first 30 minutes blood & thunder stuff - bring him on fresh when the legs tire.

I would make three changes if possible - IN Kello, Elliott and Skacel - OUT McDonald, Elliot and Temps

I feel Temps has played a bit too much football and if I were JJ would protect him from the first 30 minutes blood & thunder stuff - bring him on fresh when the legs tire.

:what:

It is a long season, this game isn't all or nothing for us - it is for Hibs.

Temps cannot be dropped in the form he's in.

To even suggest it is mental.

You are probably right, I think JJ will at least consider it though

Dean Winchester

:seething:

Yeah I agree ... in fact I wouldn't let him even do the half time draw case he break a nail ... GET A GRIP, are you Colin Calderwood?

There is no doubt the team picks its self. The 11 players who have got us playing the way we are and winning the way we are should ALL start. Ryan OUT, McDonald OUT and Clum OUT, back comes Kello, Rudi and 2T's.

Their back 4 wont cope with the hassle KK will cause and the pace of Temps and 2T's. This weekend could be carnage by the way. I will be placing ?10 on 5-0.

Liam, Rearend and Sambo will all have an eye on the new and improved contracts with their NEW clubs so won't fancy the battle.

Astounding.

I was screaming for him to be substituted on Wednesday as I was worried he would get a second yellow or a knock and make him miss this big game. To suggest we should take him out of the team is mental.

Agree with most that the team which should start should be the "usual". Sympathise with what dreamydays is saying but we need our best players on the park, not poncing about with impact subs. And anyway, wee Arvy looked great on Weds night and could be that man.

Worry that the Skacel stuff in the papers is smoke and mirrors. Big Jeff will be giving nowt away until the teamsheets go in, so who knows who's fit etc. I sometimes wonder if he even tells Billy and Lockie before derby games!!

My biggest worry for this game is seriously the ref! I can just see those clarties kicking, biting and spitting their way through the game only for the likes of big Kyle to be on a knife-edge from early on just for being big and good at what he does. No doubt that total ******-socket Murray will have a go at Temps early doors and I only hope (without asking him to "protect" the ball players: a phrase I hate) that the ref gets it right.

We_are_the_Hearts

Would expect the same team as the St Mirren game. Think Elliott will make the bench but don't expect to see Rudi or Kello back.

Puts a lot of responsibility on Kyle and Temps as we seen the other night.

Agree with most that the team which should start should be the "usual". Sympathise with what dreamydays is saying but we need our best players on the park, not poncing about with impact subs. And anyway, wee Arvy looked great on Weds night and could be that man.

Worry that the Skacel stuff in the papers is smoke and mirrors. Big Jeff will be giving nowt away until the teamsheets go in, so who knows who's fit etc. I sometimes wonder if he even tells Billy and Lockie before derby games!!

My biggest worry for this game is seriously the ref! I can just see those clarties kicking, biting and spitting their way through the game only for the likes of big Kyle to be on a knife-edge from early on just for being big and good at what he does. No doubt that total ******-socket Murray will have a go at Temps early doors and I only hope (without asking him to "protect" the ball players: a phrase I hate) that the ref gets it right.

Tink this is a stick on.

I would make three changes if possible - IN Kello, Elliott and Skacel - OUT McDonald, Elliot and TempsI feel Temps has played a bit too much football and if I were JJ would protect him from the first 30 minutes blood & thunder stuff - bring him on fresh when the legs tire.

has somone possessed your keyboard and a foreign or possibly alien entity wrote this?

maybe you should change your name to LSDdays :mellow:

I hope Kello is back. Wallace is going to be back in at some point, it might not seem fair to Ruben but Wallace is a top player.

We have a lot of hard games to play in January so JJ might give guys a rest or longer to recover. There is definately different attacking options available if Skacel and Elloitt are unavailable for selection on New Years Day.

Take your finest most powerful weapons into war, but if it isn't broken DON'T FIX IT

Kello

Johnsson

Zal

Bouzid

Ruben

Temps

Mroweic

Black

Rudi

Kyle

Stephen Elliott

subs:

Wallace( not match fit)

Driver (not match fit)

Obua (not match fit)

Macdonald

C. Elliot

Stevenson

Craig Thompson

JJ GL and BB will have them more then mentally prepared (as if the team need it right now)

Demolition Derby

You are probably right, I think JJ will at least consider it though

If he does he's off his trolley.

Temps is on fire and is one of many sure fire starters if fit. Suggesting otherwise is bonkers.

Only changes for me would be Skacel for Stevenson, Kello for MacDonald and Elliott for Elliot.

Skacel plays at Tynecastle against Hibs, he scores and Hearts score 4, these are facts :thumbsup:

gk.kello

rb.jonsson

cb.zal

cb.bouzid

lb.rueben

dm.mrowic

cm.black

cm.rudi (if not fit stevo)

ram.eliott

lam.temps

st.kyle

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Would expect the same team as the St Mirren game. Think Elliott will make the bench but don't expect to see Rudi or Kello back.

Puts a lot of responsibility on Kyle and Temps as we seen the other night.

Agreed

I think we're in for a surprise selection up front.

Kyle & Glen?

or

Kyle & Obua?

:smiliz23:

Walter Bishop

I would make three changes if possible - IN Kello, Elliott and Skacel - OUT McDonald, Elliot and TempsI feel Temps has played a bit too much football and if I were JJ would protect him from the first 30 minutes blood & thunder stuff - bring him on fresh when the legs tire.

Wishful thinking Colin !!!

If he does he's off his trolley.

Temps is on fire and is one of many sure fire starters if fit. Suggesting otherwise is bonkers.

Only changes for me would be Skacel for Stevenson, Kello for MacDonald and Elliott for Elliot.

Skacel plays at Tynecastle against Hibs, he scores and Hearts score 4, these are facts :thumbsup:

These facts are pleasing. :thumbsup:

Kyle & Glen?

or

Kyle & Obua?

:smiliz23:

Being serious here - the Hobos would shit it from a Kyle-Obua partnership. Seriously shit it. If Elliott doesn't make it, I'd be tempted to play TheBigO instead of Calum. No worries about workrate and he'd maybe just give us a bit more threat than Calum does.

Being serious here - the Hobos would shit it from a Kyle-Obua partnership. Seriously shit it. If Elliott doesn't make it, I'd be tempted to play TheBigO instead of Calum. No worries about workrate and he'd maybe just give us a bit more threat than Calum does.

Don't doubt that but I would much prefer someone with a bit of pace to really worry them. Kyle nor Obua have pace IMO.

In fairness, it could very easily be a master-stroke of tactical genius from JJ if he plays them both with Temps on the other wing collecting their knock downs.

You know what, I've talked myself into liking the idea.

Snake Plissken

:trippin:

That'll be our match winner not starting, aye?

Don't doubt that but I would much prefer someone with a bit of pace to really worry them. Kyle nor Obua have pace IMO.

In fairness, it could very easily be a master-stroke of tactical genius from JJ if he plays them both with Temps on the other wing collecting their knock downs.

You know what, I've talked myself into liking the idea.

So you've either got Temps swinging in the crosses for KK and TheBigO (as well as Pala who can cross a decent ball) or Temps and, hopefully, Rudi feeding off their scraps from slightly deeper balls.

Obua can stretch away from most SPL defenders actually. He'd breeze past that imposter Hogg and Hart looks slower than stop these days (fwiw, can't wait to see Temps running at him!!!)

The Obua move makes sense to me. But only if 2ts doesn't make it.

The only negative would be a possible reflex to play the ball long too often when we're actually a better team when we play a bit and use the longer ball once the oppo are stretched a bit. That said, i'm pretty sure Hibs'll sit in, so playing through them's gonna be hard.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

This is nothing but crazy talk. Temps was having a 'mare on Wednesday night, yet still pulled it out the bag and won the game for us. To even consider dropping him because he, a professional footballer, has played 'a bit too much football' is nonsense.

:trippin:

That'll be our match winner not starting, aye?

That's right - he was a passenger for the first 60 against St Mirren, bring him on for the last 30. I don't think Stevo deserves to be dropped either. This is all assuming Skacel is fit to play of course.

That's right - he was a passenger for the first 60 against St Mirren, bring him on for the last 30. I don't think Stevo deserves to be dropped either. This is all assuming Skacel is fit to play of course.

Stevenson was dreadful in the first half, only really coming to life five minutes before we scored. Templeton on the other hand set up our only chance of the first half.

scott herbertson

I hope if 2 T's doesnt make it then Novikovas comes in. One T is little or no threat.

It's a nice thought but I doubt JJ will play it that way - more likely push Stevenson further up (which I don't think works) and bring Craig Thomson in

Stevenson was dreadful in the first half, only really coming to life five minutes before we scored. Templeton on the other hand set up our only chance of the first half.

I know he had a decent game - and spells of magnificient play including that run and intelligent decoy when clum hit the post. Believe me I am as excited about this kid as much as the next guy. Just feel the first 60 on the tight tynie pitch might not be his kind of situation. If it was possible to start him from the bench without damaging his confidence I would do it, I think the game could be tight and need prised open in the last 30 minutes, clearly I am in the minority here most think we are going to walk it. I hope so!

It's a nice thought but I doubt JJ will play it that way - more likely push Stevenson further up (which I don't think works) and bring Craig Thomson in

I too can't see Novikovas getting the shout. Unfortunately because he and Templeton can score, dribble and assist. Both are relatively quick and Hibs, especially in the full back positions are woeful. If he does do as you suggest we'll seriously be lacking in creativity.

I think we're in for a surprise selection up front.

You can't just leave little nuggets like that and scarper!

Gary Glen?

I know he had a decent game - and spells of magnificient play including that run and intelligent decoy when clum hit the post. Believe me I am as excited about this kid as much as the next guy. Just feel the first 60 on the tight tynie pitch might not be his kind of situation. If it was possible to start him from the bench without damaging his confidence I would do it, I think the game could be tight and need prised open in the last 30 minutes, clearly I am in the minority here most think we are going to walk it. I hope so!

It will be a bloody tight game if we don't play our most dangerous player that's for sure.

Disser Pointon

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Rudi makes it.

I think JJ is at it and he's got no chance.

My thougts as well, I'm resigned to him not playing which will leave me delirious if he is in the team!

I just don't get the theory.

He plays on a tight Tynecastle pitch regularly and skins full backs. If he were a little unfit or just returning from injury I would understand your point, but I cannot understand the point in benching one of the few "game changing" attackers we have. On Wednesday Templeton suffered from the absence of Skacel. Normally, if defenders are marking Templeton, Skacel finds space or vice versa. St Mirren knew that if they swarmed Templeton, we really didn't have the verve to create chances. Elliot and Stevenson do not have the bit of devilment and skill that Skacel and Templeton show every week. Templeton and Skacel make our attack tick, one may be injured why would we hinder ourselves by NOT selecting one of them?

Me? I'd rather prise the game open in the first 30 minutes, the key part of the game. Whether we walk it or not, the opening stages of any derby is vital. If we score early then we will beat them, I do not doubt that. An hour in, it might be too late. If I was concerned about the last 30 and some sort of impact player, Novikovas would be my choice.

I think:

Kello

Jonsson Bouzid Zaliukas Palazualos

Black Morowiec

Skacel

Noviovas Kyle Templeton

Subs

Macdonald

Barr

C.Elliot

S.Elliot

C.Thomson

Glen

Wallace

I just don't get the theory.

He plays on a tight Tynecastle pitch regularly and skins full backs. If he were a little unfit or just returning from injury I would understand your point, but I cannot understand the point in benching one of the few "game changing" attackers we have. On Wednesday Templeton suffered from the absence of Skacel. Normally, if defenders are marking Templeton, Skacel finds space or vice versa. St Mirren knew that if they swarmed Templeton, we really didn't have the verve to create chances. Elliot and Stevenson do not have the bit of devilment and skill that Skacel and Templeton show every week. Templeton and Skacel make our attack tick, one may be injured why would we hinder ourselves by NOT selecting one of them?

Me? I'd rather prise the game open in the first 30 minutes, the key part of the game. Whether we walk it or not, the opening stages of any derby is vital. If we score early then we will beat them, I do not doubt that. An hour in, it might be too late. If I was concerned about the last 30 and some sort of impact player, Novikovas would be my choice.

OK well said, you have changed my mind - put the strongest 11 available out and get right at their back 4 from the start. Can't wait for k.o. - Get right in about the hibby plebs!

JennytheJambo

My thougts as well, I'm resigned to him not playing which will leave me delirious if he is in the team!

I am shocked to hear that he is in the squad. I had heard he was out for 5 weeks (maybe just a rumour). My fear is that if he is alright to play what treatment he will receive from Ratboy or Murray.

Archived