Ljundberg signs for the smellies......

Walter Bishop

The boy will still be a class act compared to the rest of the SPL.

Money aside, VERY good signing.

...a bit disco

Watched him a few times in his West Ham days.

The legs were gone and he looked spent even then.

Shame, should have just called it a day.

Based on what?

The guy was finished at West Ham and is now two years older. Speaking of the last two years he's been playing in a team arguably worse than ours.

I watched the MLS Cup Final this year. Hearts would have beaten both they teams and Freddy's wasn't one of them.

i'll be amazed if he proves value for money.

another marketing signing to fleece the retarded support. it used to be lisbon lions merchandise... now it's 'spectacular' signings.

He will be one of the biggest flops in spl history.

woopty doo!!

So this is this season's Dion Dublin/Ian Wright/Roy Keane type who's only reason to be here is to empty the biscuit tin at Darkheid then is it? Costs them a fortune then barely makes any difference to them. If the Smeltic fans whinge about having nae transfer kitty in the summer again then they should be having a go at their board instead of bumpin their gums on radio phone-ins and newspaper columns!

I couldn't give a monkeys if they've signed him!

...a bit disco

On a different note. Does oor Freddi no bat for the away team.

He's being ambivalent about it :whistling:

What would you make of it had he signed for us? Theoretically

That we would have went back to our recent habit of signing over-paid cripples?

The Real Maroonblood

[/quote

Some of our fans would be having orgasms just like the time we were linked to Thomas Brolin.

Windy! Windy! Parkhead Panic!

The ba's on the the slates for the Tic - the mighty Jam Tarts will pass them on the way to the title as the Huns implode on the back of a similar January panic buys. The future is Maroon, the future is Templeton, Skacel, Driver, Kyle, the Elliot(s), Wallace, Johnson, Zaliukas, Black, et al - the future is Heart of Midlothian!

I reckon he may still rip half the spl apart

Paddy McCourt rips half the SPL apart for a tiny fraction of the wage they're blowing in Ljundberg so that's hardly saying much.

I'm sure I'd be excited about it but overall it wouldn't fit in with our signing policy of recent times and I don't think it would be a good move ultimately.

Celtic often seem to go for ex-Premiership players who are past their peak and looking for a final big pay off.

Yep, I'm not happpy that he signed. He is better than what they have right now and we are looking to catch up on them.

Based on what?

The guy was finished at West Ham and is now two years older. Speaking of the last two years he's been playing in a team arguably worse than ours.

I watched the MLS Cup Final this year. Hearts would have beaten both they teams and Freddy's wasn't one of them.

Based on form is temporary and class is permanent.

SPL will be a breeze to him. Someone commented recently that they watched Freddie recently and he was impressive. He has got over injuries that plagued him at West Ham and seems to have regained fitness.

He is coming to the SPL, not returning to the EPL.

I love laughing at Celtic as much as the next person. But I think the guy will do a great job.

Brewster managed fine in the SPL at 40, as is Davie Weir. Why on earth would Freddie be an automatic failure!

Templeton'sUnderpants

Wouldn't be too quick to write him off, undoubtedly lost a lot of his pace but technically is still very good.

kennyblack'sshot

Add him to the list of "big name, very expensive players near the end of their careers that Celtic panic buy to appease their fans" - Roy Keane, Dion Dublin, Juninho, Eyal Berkovic....

This kind of desperation signing shows just how quickly Celtic (and Rangers as they're not even signing over-the-hill has beens) are declining.

I don't know why they buy players to sell jerseys. It's about the only thing they don't need help with. I'm sure your average C****c fan would wear his top (tap) to a wedding. Them and Newcastle fans are the only folk that wear their fitbaw tops as some sort of fashion item. TITP is a good example. Why would you wear a football top there? Yet 100's and I have counted do wear them. Bizarre vermin. I hate them.

rudi must stay

released by chicago fire. the only decent thing he will do is sell jerseys

not at all mate, apparently he was there best player last season. But the SPL, from what I've seen of the MLS, is a much more competitive league. And I don't think Celtic even need him, they've got quite a lot of wingers in their squad already.

Sergio Garcia

Great player is his day but his day is long gone.

I actually thought he had retired after West Ham, cant say im too bothered about him signing, Keane last year was a much better signing and would be more of a threat to us overtaking them.

Based on what?

Based on the fact that almost every game in the SPL is like a bad advert for the Special Olympics.

Ljungberg will barely break sweat against the retards defending the goals for our nations top teams

Sergio Garcia

Based on the fact that almost every game in the SPL is like a bad advert for the Special Olympics.

Ljungberg will barely break sweat against the retards defending the goals for our nations top teams

Aye very good, theres no way he will waltz through defences without breaking sweat.

People dont realise he isnt the same player as the free flowing Arsenal days, where I may add he was surrounded by top quality.

When your marking Henry, Bergkamp, Pires to name a few its non stop marking for most of the game and people are bound to get chances, since Ljungberg has lost most of his pace and no doubt his legs arent what they used to be he must have had to adapt his game.

Aye very good, theres no way he will waltz through defences without breaking sweat.

People dont realise he isnt the same player as the free flowing Arsenal days, where I may add he was surrounded by top quality.

When your marking Henry, Bergkamp, Pires to name a few its non stop marking for most of the game and people are bound to get chances, since Ljungberg has lost most of his pace and no doubt his legs arent what they used to be he must have had to adapt his game.

With most of that adapting tsaking place on the treatment table.

He doesn't need to be the same player as he was back then, he'll still be a hell of alot better than this league has to offer now.

Even into his 30's, when you have Freddie Ljungberg against Steven Hammell, Michael Hart, Sean Dillon, Danny Grainger and Ross ******* Tokely for god sake, there's only going to be one winner.

Sergio Garcia

He doesn't need to be the same player as he was back then, he'll still be a hell of alot better than this league has to offer now.

Even into his 30's, when you have Freddie Ljungberg against Steven Hammell, Michael Hart, Sean Dillon, Danny Grainger and Ross ******* Tokely for god sake, there's only going to be one winner.

Its nothing to do with his age, he has had injuries that has curtailed him as a player. And probably added about 7 years on to his playing age.

There are better players for the wages, luckily for us Celtic went for a big name

Archived