Hibs vs. Hearts Derby Change Strips

FORTHCLYDE

Another post talks about Hearts wearing red and white stripes which got me thinking.

Can anyone remember the derby at Easter Road where Hibs wore a green top similar to Ireland's?

I think Hearts wore their Ajax strip but can't quite remember.

Worn in Texaco Cup Final against Wolves if memory serves me correctly.

No the Texaco Cup strip was even smarter IMHO - it was a match for W.B.A top at the time, Maroon and White stripes with all white sleeves and maroon cuffs, superb.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I'm sure I read the original Hibs shirt was all-green with "Erin Go Bragh" across the front, and also that they adopted the white sleeves as a sort of homage to Arsenal. Can anyone confirm or refute these suggestions?

I'm sure I read the original Hibs shirt was all-green with "Erin Go Bragh" across the front, and also that they adopted the white sleeves as a sort of homage to Arsenal. Can anyone confirm or refute these suggestions?

you should not have said that. Now they will add Arsenal to the ever increasing list of sides and International sides they compare themselves to.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

you should not have said that. Now they will add Arsenal to the ever increasing list of sides and International sides they compare themselves to.

It's ok though, they copied Arsenal, not the other way round!

Too late for that mate. A few years back, during monkey heid's reign, I remember reading some article which referred to them lot as "the arsenal of the north" as they were supposedly the only other team that could finish a game with 70%+ possession. :smiliz23:

The magnificent Texaco Cup Strip4228.jpg

You've definitely won that one sir.

What strip did Hearts wear in the return at Molyneux?

Archived