just a passin thought

Mr Sifter

Allow yerself ti dream for a minute, actually think about what it would be like ti win the league...

as I'm sittin here dreamin away for a minute, my mind wanders to wee sinky. How it'd be sad that the wee man would miss the party, but then it hits me.

Sinky and his plight mightve contributed towards te team spirit we are showin right now.

think about it.

The fact that the first team players all knew of his plight, had all met him (rudi many times),

the fact that some of them went to his funeral, the fact they all knew what the Hearts meant ti the wee man. Perhaps wee sinky galvanised this Hearts squad like nothing else could?

...as I say, it was a mere passin thought just like the thousand of others we all have every day. But I wanted to post this one cos you know what?

I really hope he has.

He'd be ******* chuffed.

Sinky. Doin it for the Hearts in life and in death. RIP WEE MAN

by the way, I hope no one thinks I'm tryin ti trivialise the wee mans passin. Nowt could be further from the truth.

Guest juvehearts

mate i work in the same place he used to work in & its just no the same with out the man

every spare minute im at royal mail it dons on you he aint around anymore,

you never know tho, this could be the season we do something & i know along with my lot sitting beside him will still be stirring hearts on

here do you knot think that every seagull at tynecastle that sits on top of the old stand to watch the game is a jambo from another life?

or is that just me.

juve

here do you knot think that every seagull at tynecastle that sits on top of the old stand to watch the game is a jambo from another life?

or is that just me.

juve

you know, thats a really lovely thought!

my grandad will be up there watching with the best of them along with other various family members if thats the case

:)

Allow yerself ti dream for a minute, actually think about what it would be like ti win the league...

as I'm sittin here dreamin away for a minute, my mind wanders to wee sinky. How it'd be sad that the wee man would miss the party, but then it hits me.

Sinky and his plight mightve contributed towards te team spirit we are showin right now.

think about it.

The fact that the first team players all knew of his plight, had all met him (rudi many times),

the fact that some of them went to his funeral, the fact they all knew what the Hearts meant ti the wee man. Perhaps wee sinky galvanised this Hearts squad like nothing else could?

...as I say, it was a mere passin thought just like the thousand of others we all have every day. But I wanted to post this one cos you know what?

I really hope he has.

He'd be ******* chuffed.

Sinky. Doin it for the Hearts in life and in death. RIP WEE MAN

by the way, I hope no one thinks I'm tryin ti trivialise the wee mans passin. Nowt could be further from the truth.

Mate, its nice to dream, but we are miles away from being league winners in terms of squad depth.

I knew Sinky on the buses in the '90s, and I was sad to hear of his disease and passing, but lets be realistic on Hearts here. We are quite a way from being league contenders, and with a ?40m debt I can't see Romanov investing in players to win the league this transfer window, in fact the reverse is more likely.

Our realistic aim is to finish third and qualify for Europe, and hopefully get some success in the Scottish Cup.

Juve, that's poetic as hell. That's how I'll see them forever now. :thumbsup:

Sifter - I knew the wee man a bit and he'd have been delighted with the team taking to him the way they did. I don't think anyone could read anything morbid into what you wrote, and he'd probably crack a few jokes as well about having that kind of impact on the team.

I think it'll be a while before it really sinks in that he won't come in the pub for a beer.

J Cheever Loophole

you know, thats a really lovely thought!

my grandad will be up there watching with the best of them along with other various family members if thats the case

:)

"Seagull" by Bad Company"Could be a tynie hymn?

Sorry I,m not computer literate enough to help you with links and wotnot but worth a listen all the same.

Mr S. I loved the weeman and knew him for many a year and it has to be said at this time of year I often think of absent friends and family allowing myself to get emotional but lay of the sherry mate. We will not win the league.

Speedbump (and frankblack too) I don't think we will win the league either.

...it was just a nice warm wee five minute daydream

I'm sure Hearts aren't the only team who have sent players to see dying fans. Doesn't mean they all go on to win the league. :mellow:

or is that just me.

juve

Pretty sure they're just seagulls.

Picard and the pragmatic clan all seem to have missed the gist of what I was sayin.

It was only a fleeting thought. I allowed myself to think for a minute that any success we might achieve may be due in no small part to wee sinky.

No more than that.

Why r u all so eager to pish on ma chips with your factual realistic comments!!!!

Why r u all so eager to pish on ma chips with your factual realistic comments!!!!

:laugh:

Daydream on mate, but tbh If we win the league this season it will be because we have the best players rather than Sinky looking down on us or anything like that. To say the reason we have a close knit unit is down to Sinky being on his death bed would be doing JJ and the management team a disservice.

Mate, its nice to dream, but we are miles away from being league winners in terms of squad depth.

I knew Sinky on the buses in the '90s, and I was sad to hear of his disease and passing, but lets be realistic on Hearts here. We are quite a way from being league contenders, and with a ?40m debt I can't see Romanov investing in players to win the league this transfer window, in fact the reverse is more likely.

Our realistic aim is to finish third and qualify for Europe, and hopefully get some success in the Scottish Cup.

Is it no ?25 million :rolleyes:

But you are correct with everything else he he he

Archived