Derby thoughts.......

John Gentleman

John Gentleman

Anyone heard/seen anything about Rudi being fit for the Derby? I've tried poking around the official site, but can't find any information (maybes I'm just clicking on all the wrong places).

And your thoughts on Trigger? Just a wee bit too early for such an important match? Or perhaps we should introduce him when we have a 3-0 cushion?. :)

Kello too. Hadn't a clue MacDonald was going to deputise for him against St Midden. Some sort of virus I believe? Interesting, though, that JJ put him in there in front of the Balogh. I think his days may be numbered.

mahgrassyshoes

It was a virus that had Jonsson and Black out of the Motherwell. Hopefull it's the same for Kello, Elliott & Rudi(not sure why he was out).

out of the three of them i think the most important one to return for this match would be elliott. his work rate and general pestishness far outweighs anything that clum can bring to the game. i think that a front two of kyle and clum could get bogged down and would be easier to defend against than the more dynamic combination of kyle and elliott.

it would be good to have rudi back in as well but i think we can cope without him and allow him a breather to recharge his batteries. i'm sure jefferies can pull something out of the fire in terms of coming up with the best straight replacement for him or a 'horses for courses' approach tactically.

macdonald again standing in for kello would be a slight concern but if things go to plan then any of our keepers would have little to do anyway. kello is a tremendous shot stopper but then again, macdonald is pretty good too. kello is simply a far better all-round keeper.

My derby thought is that I hope their last minute equaliser against United does drive them on into the match this Saturday.

I wouldn't throw Wallace into the starting 11. Ruben has been doing just fine there and had a good game v St Mirren so it would be a tad unfair on the lad.

out of the three of them i think the most important one to return for this match would be elliott. his work rate and general pestishness far outweighs anything that clum can bring to the game. i think that a front two of kyle and clum could get bogged down and would be easier to defend against than the more dynamic combination of kyle and elliott.

it would be good to have rudi back in as well but i think we can cope without him and allow him a breather to recharge his batteries. i'm sure jefferies can pull something out of the fire in terms of coming up with the best straight replacement for him or a 'horses for courses' approach tactically.

macdonald again standing in for kello would be a slight concern but if things go to plan then any of our keepers would have little to do anyway. kello is a tremendous shot stopper but then again, macdonald is pretty good too. kello is simply a far better all-round keeper.

Pestishness...love that word :thumbsup:

Archived