Hearts fans at St Mirren Park (Merged Threads)

S.N.T.H.

Having just got back, i just want to say well done to the Hearts support tonight.

At Motherwell a couple of weeks back i thought the crowd was disappointing but we turned up in good numbers tonight, over 1300, and i thought the backing was great.

JJ and the players seemed to really appreciate the support, and it's great to see a group of players and staff so 'together'.

Onwards and upwards for the Jam Tarts, let's try and beat the Leith Irish on Saturday and kick on from there.

:pleasing:

PS. To the young lad who got it square in the face from Stevo, hope you're alright pal. :thumbsup:

jack D and coke

I'm very rarely at any away games anymore so massive respect to the fans who travel especially midweek to give the team support.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

Having just got back, i just want to say well done to the Hearts support tonight.

At Motherwell a couple of weeks back i thought the crowd was disappointing but we turned up in good numbers tonight, over 1300, and i thought the backing was great.

JJ and the players seemed to really appreciate the support, and it's great to see a group of players and staff so 'together'.

Onwards and upwards for the Jam Tarts, let's try and beat the Leith Irish on Saturday and kick on from there.

PS. To the young lad who got it square in the face from Stevo, hope you're alright pal. :thumbsup:

Thanks, thanks very much :thumbsup:

KilbrideJambo

Thanks for your comments - young lad is my son Euan. It was a really sore one and we were in medical room for 40 mins - first aid staff and club doctor were great - black eye and burst specs but home now and all ok

Thanks for your comments - young lad is my son Euan. It was a really sore one and we were in medical room for 40 mins - first aid staff and club doctor were great - black eye and burst specs but home now and all ok

Glad he's okay, mate.

As i say, it was some hit from Stevo. I guess it's ''character building'', although i'm not sure he'll set foot in a football ground again. ;)

Well done to the very vocal 1300 gorgie boys who made the EFFORT to go.

And i look forward to the thousands on here,s comments,once youve watched

it on alba.

Bit like you thought there would have been more at Motherwell but lots better tonight. Been in 20 mins checked Kickback now time to watch the game again on ALBA

it on alba.

Are you not allowed to cooment on a match if you watch it on TV? :smiliz21:

Chill out and enjoy another win! B)

Radio said the Hearts end was full - BBC Alba proved it.

Well done to all who made the trip and I'm absolutely delighted you saw another win.

Are you not allowed to cooment on a match if you watch it on TV? :smiliz21:

Chill out and enjoy another win! B)

Course you are.

And i did.

Yeah, well done to those in the away support.

Big turnout, lots of singing and two goals to celebrate. Jealous that I could only watch from the main stand.

watched the stream and listened on HW

everyone was in great voice, and it was fantastic to see so many who made it through, specially at this time of year when we're all so skint

well done you lot, you did us proud!

jamboinglasgow

got back 20 mins ago after a long train journey. Loved the match though and great volumes of singing, sang for most of the match and songs of "tempy, tempy, tempy, templeton" Europe song, and even light of the silvery moon. Lee Wallace got a blast of "lee Wallace has a gun" when he came over to warm up. The fans were great.

Thought it was funny to see the guy who ran onto the pitch, when saw the police about to come after him, ran into the crowd again and hid in his chair, cue 15-20mins later the police finally figured out where he was.

Something good to see was during the practice where JJ and the rest of the mangement decided to use the St Mirren to give all the players (not just the match day XI) a bit of practice. So Dean Lyness got a go in goals with Jamie MacDonald and Janos Balogh. But also great to see Andrew Driver running around and show that he has a deadly shot of him. But one of the drills was one touch passing in a circle with two or three players in the middle. The sounds of fun coming from the players when someone messed up or a player was nutmegged gave signs of players who were enjoying playing, practising and the team-mates around them. Such a difference from this time last season.

Sergio Garcia

Outstanding support from us today, we really are building something here, great times away trips these days. Everyone from players, managers and fans as one

When I walked in to take my seat in the away end this evening, I was happily surprised at our support, especially after the poor attendance at Motherwell, though I think me and the other few hundred who went to motherwell made a fair bit of noise!

In the second half the announcer thanked 'the 1382 hearts fans' who had made the journey through.

It was a good atmosphere in the second half and it was nice to sing lee Wallace has a gun after months of it's absence, hopefully we can sing it on Saturday while he is on the pitch!

Hopefully we can take another fair few up to tannadice in a couple of weeks time!

I had an EMPTY seat beside me, get behind the F'in team! :seething:

Only one I seen though! :pleasing:

J Cheever Loophole

You must have been sitting on your settee.I'm jist messin'.According to the "We wish we were celtic"Web site,the north stand holds 1630 odds.There was never 300 empty seat's,if any?

You must have been sitting on your settee.I'm jist messin'.According to the "We wish we were celtic"Web site,the north stand holds 1630 odds.There was never 300 empty seat's,if any?

exactly what i said to my mate - i think they've trousered a few bob - mind you I'm sure we "under estimate" nearly every week at Tynie - casher for Vlad's beer (voddie) money?

J Cheever Loophole

In Paisley a bar code would look like lines'o'ching.Not that I Know what a line of anything looks like.

Heard Paul Hartley on Radio Scotland before the game trotting out the old cliche that "outside the OF Aberdeen take the most fans to away grounds" myth.

The attendance at Hamilton v Aberdeen was a massive 2968.

Well done all those Jambos who survived the trip to Paisley.

Didnt't go. One of the only ones ive missed. Just saw goals on BBC news just now, Looked like an unbeliavable support. Well done! H-E-A..... :thumbsup:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Fair play to all the lads and lasses who made the trip, just saw the highlights and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the support. Well done everyone!

it on alba.

Totally pointless and needless post IMO. I was there pal. My mate who normally goes to the games couldnt because its Crimbo, he has a missus and 3 bairns to think about at this time of year and quite frankly didnt want to be there. He will be at most every other game this season. Bet he's real disappointed though he's not as good a supporter as you...

Watched the game on telly once I finished work and by 0.39 seconds I was impressed by the noise our support made. They never really let up either.

VERY big welldone to the lads and lassies who went. You done the club proud.

The People's Chimp

Thought it was funny to see the guy who ran onto the pitch, when saw the police about to come after him, ran into the crowd again and hid in his chair, cue 15-20mins later the police finally figured out where he was.

Made all the funnier by him slipping on his arse on the pitch as he tried to join the players to celebrate.

watched it from an internet cafe in fuerteventura.... the fans who made it there well done, you were the 12th man... looks like its back to the internet cafe for the derby as theres only one english pub here...

will be back and looking forward to the cup game .... thanks to hearts for an enjoyable evening and to the support for making an real atmosphere...

Totally pointless and needless post IMO. I was there pal. My mate who normally goes to the games couldnt because its Crimbo, he has a missus and 3 bairns to think about at this time of year and quite frankly didnt want to be there. He will be at most every other game this season. Bet he's real disappointed though he's not as good a supporter as you...

send my condolencies

there was never 300 empty seats in our stand. Think their barcode system was screwed.

A certain Liquidator was having trouble scanning his ticket. So one of my other pals who was already in just pressed a green button on the other side of the turnstyle to let him in! I'll bear that in mind next time :whistling:

Glad to hear he's alright. It happened just down in front of us and you could see that he'd taken a really sore one. thumbsup.gif

Miller Jambo 60

Hope hes ok bud,

Dougie.

winston churchill

Heard Paul Hartley on Radio Scotland before the game trotting out the old cliche that "outside the OF Aberdeen take the most fans to away grounds" myth.

The attendance at Hamilton v Aberdeen was a massive 2968.

Well done all those Jambos who survived the trip to Paisley.

i nearly choked on my coco when i heard sir paul hartley slavering this pish.

quotes from radio scotland last night.

hearts have a good support tonight.

aberdeen have a massive support at hamilton(less than 2,000)at the game:lol:

i nearly choked on my coco when i heard sir paul hartley slavering this pish.

quotes from radio scotland last night.

hearts have a good support tonight.

aberdeen have a massive support at hamilton(less than 2,000)at the game:lol:

The crowd was actually 2968.

When we went to Hamilton the crowd was 2899.

The crowd was actually 2968.

When we went to Hamilton the crowd was 2899.

I think Aberdeen's support is much the same as ours away from home, on the whole.

However, the media laud their support as they [wrongly] assume that they've travelled all the way from Aberdeen. The reality is that most of their away fanbase is in the Central Belt.

Oh, and Hartley conveniently forgets that their Home support is shite.

Archived