Ratings v St Liedown

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

MacDonald - 7 made 2 decent stops and good stand in for Kello

Jonsson - 7 good game, and some great tackles looking more and more like a full back

Zaliukas - 7 Our captain was immense again.

Bouzid - 7 did everything right, no mistakes i can remember

Ruben - 6 Was ok tonight, distribution still poor

Mrowiec - 8 The man is a machine, just beaten by KK for MOM

Black - 7 another good shift, swap for Miller my arse

Stevenson 6 - Good 2nd half, unlucky with double effort on goals

Elliot - 6 Unlucky to hit post, however doesnt offer as much as his namesake playing wide

Templeton - 7 Wasnt in the game until his goal and 2 flashes won the game, sign of a great player

Kyle - 9 Another outstanding performance from the big man, never gives up.

Obua - 5 should have scored

Novikovas 6 looked good when he came on

Walter Bishop

i wasnt best please when i heard Mrowiec was coming back but really seems to be a decent player this time around

Adrian must be one of the fittest players in the league.

I am more and more convinced that this man is making it happen for us this year. Campaigns are about the long view and it just seems to me that he's solid day in, day out - without fail. In 2005-06 we had Webster and Elvis, and it clicked then. Zal, perhaps even better - as he's level headed and just does his duty. In rugby, the expression is forwards win matches, backs decide by how much. For Zal, it seems he gets us to third place, the rest of the team decide how much we cloes in / drift away from the ugly sisters.

Looking forward to seeing him on New Years day. Respect is due.

Deodato

Aye, his blonde hair and blue eyes he's braw :whistling:

Adrian is lovely looking chap....but part of me thinks somewhere in his family a brother has sh****ed a sister.

I think it's in the eyes.

We_are_the_Hearts

MacDonald - 7 did all that was asked off him

Jonsson - 6 decent but still does some daft things and could sharpen up his distribution

Zaliukas - 7 Good game from Zal apart from his Beckenbaur run when he gave the ball away

Bouzid - 6 Still gets caught ball watching at crosses and gave one free kick away at edge of box but decent enough

Ruben - 8 Best defender for me. Good passing, always making angles for the ball and no mistakes

Mrowiec - 8 Looked sharp and composed, great display

Black - 7 another good shift, just needs to work on his shooting

Stevenson 6 - Better 2nd half, unlucky with double effort on goals

Elliot - 6 UnlNot involved enough but worked hard for the team

Templeton - 7 Not at his best but with pace, sharpness, and 2 good feet the opposition can never switch off

Kyle - 8 Outstanding team player, just needs to watch he gets no more silly bookings

Obua - 5 should have scored, made good spaces

Novikovas 6 looked good when he came on and gives good width

scott herbertson

Jonsson - 7 good game, and some great tackles looking more and more like a full back

Elliot - 6 Unlucky to hit post, however doesnt offer as much as his namesake playing wide

Templeton - 7 Wasnt in the game until his goal and 2 flashes won the game, sign of a great player

I would have given Ruben more - I thought he played well and broke up several attakcs from them , kept the ball and playe dthe sensible ball most of the time

I would give Elliot 5 - I really don't think he offers a goal threat. I'd give Zal and Black 8 - I htought both played very well, and I'd probably have Mrowiec edging Kyle for MOM. Otherwise I'm with you on the ratings

I am more and more convinced that this man is making it happen for us this year. Campaigns are about the long view and it just seems to me that he's solid day in, day out - without fail. In 2005-06 we had Webster and Elvis, and it clicked then. Zal, perhaps even better - as he's level headed and just does his duty. In rugby, the expression is forwards win matches, backs decide by how much. For Zal, it seems he gets us to third place, the rest of the team decide how much we cloes in / drift away from the ugly sisters.

Looking forward to seeing him on New Years day. Respect is due.

Deodato

Another big difference exemplified by Zal is the lack of stupid red cards (have we had anyone sent off?). It's helped us keep a steady line up to get our shape meaning we can cope with absences like today (and hopefully when Zal does have to miss out) with relative ease.

scott herbertson

Another big difference exemplified by Zal is the lack of stupid red cards (have we had anyone sent off?). It's helped us keep a steady line up to get our shape meaning we can cope with absences like today (and hopefully when Zal does have to miss out) with relative ease.

Not just Zal - the rest of them have screwed the nut too

JJ a big influence on this I am sure - nobody bigger than the team and veryone playing for each other. Getting sent off -= damaging the team

Geoff Kilpatrick

MacDonald - 7 - One save to make and made it

Zaliukas - 7 - Strolled at the back, just needs to cut out the unnecessary Disco Dave mazies

Bouzid - 6 - Another solid game

Jonsson - 7 - Getting better at RB

Mrowiec - 8 - My MoM - does all the dirty work consistently and without fuss

Palazuelos - 8 - Really pushing himself given that Lee is getting fit

Templeton - 8 - Two moments of magic won the game

Black - 6 - Worked hard

Kyle - 7 - Led the line well again

Elliot - 5 - Back to the bench

Stevenson - 7 - Poor first half, improved in the second.

Subs:

Novikovas - 4 - Good cross

Obua - 2 - Should have scored

Mcdonald 8 - great handling and despite our dominance he made three or four excellent saves. No concerns if Marian doesn't make Saturday

Rubens 6 - comfortable

Zaliukas 8 - strolled it

Bouzid 8 - strolled it

Jonsson 7 - strolled it

Mroweic 8 - immense

Black 8 - a key player IMHO. Almost always retains possession

Elliot 6 - unlucky not to score, but not really suited to stepping straight into that wider postion.

Stevenson 6 - the weakest link for the first 70 minutes but finished the game strongly

Temps 8 - you might have heard on the radio how pish he was, apart from another quality goal and great run to win the penalty for the second on the two occasions he escaped his marker.

Kyle 7 - put himself about, deserved a goal.

Subs:

Novikovas 6 - looked very lively, confidence is obviously up after the Aberdeen goal

Obua 5 - I thought he looked decent when he came on

Balogh must be...

:seething:

:lol:

Broxburn_Jambo

I thought Stevenson was really poor in the first half but came out and had a great game in the second. Seemed to play further forward after half time, credit to JJ for whatever he said to him at half time.

(have we had anyone sent off?)

Just Ruben when we beat Hamilton 0-4.

Pretty good going now that we're pushing half way through the season.

MacDonald - 7 - Few good saves, looked confident.

Jonsson - 7 - Comfortable.

Zal - 7 - Solid, won all his headers.

Bouzid - 7 - Won everything in the air and most on the ground.

Palazuelos - 6 - Played and coped well.

Templeton - 8 - Not much came off for him today, but the two times it did it led to our goals.

Mrowiec - 8 - Never wasted possession, strong in the tackle and extremely tidy. Liking this guy more and more. MOTM.

Black - 7 - Tidy in possession. Extra point for not getting booked.

Stevenson - 6 - Quiet for most of the game but did well in closing stages. Unlucky not to score. Would like to see him on the ball more.

Elliot - 6 - Unlucky to hit the post and looked lively, but struggled to make a huge impact.

Kyle - 8 - Won everything in the air, seems to jumping with less elbows. Good first touch and brought others into play well.

Subs:

Novikovas - 5 - Still looks a bit nervous but was quite bright.

Obua - 1 - Should've scored. Would like to say he missed because he was rusty, but I'm far too tempted to say he missed because he's an abysmal footballer.

To sum up, absolutely delighted with a 2-0 win in the type of game we would draw or lose in recent years. Really cements us as the best of the rest, and a great way to keep the run going. JJ also seems to have a huge influence on games: we seemed sharper, more determined and fitter than St Mirren in the second half, and this must be down to JJ's team talks, training and the attitude he instils, as this isn't the first time we've seen this.

For me, anyone who doesnt have Kyle as MOM was at a different game. in the first half when we were doing little, he was trying to play the football. He was first class today. I also think we missed Stephen Elliott. His work defending from the front is a big help.

For me, anyone who doesnt have Kyle as MOM was at a different game. in the first half when we were doing little, he was trying to play the football. He was first class today. I also think we missed Stephen Elliott. His work defending from the front is a big help.

What about Mrowiec?

Kyle was oustanding, but Adrian is so good at winning and retaining possession. It can be ugly, but it's invaluable.

I thought Stevenson was really poor in the first half but came out and had a great game in the second. Seemed to play further forward after half time, credit to JJ for whatever he said to him at half time.

Spot on!

And a word about Palazuelos!

The OP said he was "ok" but his passing was off. as usual

Having watched Alba and paid particular attention to his passing, he was the best tonight in pass completion and even his punts and crosses, with 3 exceptions, were accurate

Libertonian_II

Comments here are only from second half BBC ALBA plus anecdotal from first;

McDonald 7 nae mistakes and saved when required

Jonsson 6 solid if nothing else

Bouzid 6 ""

Zaliukas 7

Palazuelos 7 composed and effective

Templeton 8 obviously not great in first half but did the business second half

Mrowiec 7 more effective than he has been recently. Covered well in defense

Stevenson 6 surprised that JJ tried to play him in Skacel role

Kyle 8 my MoTM Involved in most moves and scored again(ok penalty) but caused st midden many problems

Elliot 5 was he playing in the second half?

Black 7 didn't do a lot wrong

Novikovas 4 good back up for Templeton

Obua 3 not bad at all.

Kyle played his best game in a Hearts jersey.

Elliot, whilst not being fantastic, was far better than others on here will say.

Stevenson should not have seen the 46th minute.

We need to try an attacking replacement for Skacel if he doesn't make the derby.

I still worry about Bouzid/Zaliukas.

Great result tonight. :)

Apologies for the lack of ratings.

We need to try an attacking replacement for Skacel if he doesn't make the derby.

Maybe a cheeky bid for Nick Ross?

Maybe a cheeky bid for Nick Ross?

Novikovas would do for me brother. Save a transfer fee as well.

p.s. missed at the boozer tonight. :(

Novikovas would do for me brother. Save a transfer fee as well.

p.s. missed at the boozer tonight. :(

I know. Think I'm heading out tomorrow.

Stony broke after Christmas and have a holiday coming up.

Macdonald - 6 - think that JJ has the goalies in the right order

Jonsson - 5 - looks right out of form on the ball

Zaliukas - 7 - looks a more composed player

Bouzid - 7 - another good display

Palazuelos - 8 - it will be very harsh when he has to go out the team for Wallace

Mrowiec - 7 - another huge effort

Black - 8 - becoming an extremely important player for us

Stevenson - 5 - seems to take an age to get the ball under control

Elliot - same game as Elliott plays, doesn't look like scoring but lots of effort

Kyle - 7 - huge effort from the big man

Templeton - 8 - real guts as a player - wasn't coming off for him but kept trying things and won us the game

Obua - 3 - not happy to see him back and jumping the queue of other players

Novikovas - 7 - made 2 tremendous chances

Francis Albert

Run and pass set up Elliot for our best effort on goal before we scored.

Midfield Dynamo

I would have given Ruben more - I thought he played well and broke up several attakcs from them , kept the ball and playe dthe sensible ball most of the time

I would give Elliot 5 - I really don't think he offers a goal threat. I'd give Zal and Black 8 - I htought both played very well, and I'd probably have Mrowiec edging Kyle for MOM. Otherwise I'm with you on the ratings

So only the 6 changes then :whistling:

Really thought Ian Black was outstanding last night. Always looked to get it down and pass it. Him and Mrowiec are looking even better with every game along side each other.

Tynecastle Valhalla

seriously only a 6? i thought he was really good as he has been since filling in at left back earlier in the season. another clean sheet and the defenders should get a 7 as a minimum. I would have given ruben an 8.

we missed rudi and elliott.

The People's Chimp

I'm really surpised at the ratings for Jonsson. I thought he was shocking for the 1st half, but improved slightly in the second. His distribution was awful, constantly finding a st midden player with his passes. I don't want to particularly single him out, especially as I thought previously he'd nailed it at RB, but I thought he had an off night.

Anyway:

Macdonald - 6 - Not much to do, coped well with everything thrown at him

Jonsson - 5 - Distribution was awful, came back into it second half.

Zaliukas - 7 - Solid, but lost his man a couple of times/let higdon get knock down. Needs to keep concentrating

Bouzid - 7 - Pretty solid, played well again.

Palazuelos - 7.5 - Good game and I really rate him at LB - much more so than when he was a midfielder.

Mrowiec - 7 - Played well again, he's enjoying his football at hearts, and we're enjoying him being at hearts.

Black - 7.5 - Another good show, finally become the player we thought we were signing

Stevenson - 6 - I just can't decide on stevo - like him, but he has to drop out for Skacel

Elliot - 6 - unlucky with his shot, good effort, but he needs to stop the petulant heads down, arms up stuff when he misses or doesn't get a decision. Can still lack a bit of heart, but that's maybe linked to the need to be a bit more grown up on the pitch.

Kyle - 7.5 - Big fan of this guy, leads the line brilliantly.

Templeton - 6 - Was having a mare, but redeemed himself, his confidence upped after his goal, perfect prep for the derby as he knows he wont always get it his way, but that if he keeps trying, it will pay off. Keeps trying and that's one of his biggest assets.

Obua - will provide an option if Kyle is injured/suspended. Should really have had a goal.

Novi - Obviously spurred on by threat of lemon chicken related violence and hopefully on a gam a game bonus from his missus, as it seems to be paying off. Has something about him, if not a little lightweight, lovely control to play on Obua last night. Touch was brilliant.

MacDonald - 7 - Few good saves, looked confident.

Jonsson - 7 - Comfortable.

Zal - 7 - Solid, won all his headers.

Bouzid - 7 - Won everything in the air and most on the ground.

Palazuelos - 6 - Played and coped well.

Templeton - 8 - Not much came off for him today, but the two times it did it led to our goals.

Mrowiec - 8 - Never wasted possession, strong in the tackle and extremely tidy. Liking this guy more and more. MOTM.

Black - 7 - Tidy in possession. Extra point for not getting booked.

Stevenson - 6 - Quiet for most of the game but did well in closing stages. Unlucky not to score. Would like to see him on the ball more.

Elliot - 6 - Unlucky to hit the post and looked lively, but struggled to make a huge impact.

Kyle - 8 - Won everything in the air, seems to jumping with less elbows. Good first touch and brought others into play well.

Subs:

Novikovas - 5 - Still looks a bit nervous but was quite bright.

Obua - 1 - Should've scored. Would like to say he missed because he was rusty, but I'm far too tempted to say he missed because he's an abysmal footballer.

To sum up, absolutely delighted with a 2-0 win in the type of game we would draw or lose in recent years. Really cements us as the best of the rest, and a great way to keep the run going. JJ also seems to have a huge influence on games: we seemed sharper, more determined and fitter than St Mirren in the second half, and this must be down to JJ's team talks, training and the attitude he instils, as this isn't the first time we've seen this.

Completely unfair. He was on the pitch for 10 minutes, had 3 attempts at goal, none clear cut and all on target (yes, on target, he didn't 'miss' anything, it was charged down in defender does his job shocker). I hardly think that warrants a score of 1, considering Elliot had 80 minutes and mustered one shot on target IIRC which was deflected onto the post.

Tell me, if his shot had gone in, and his later header had sneaked past the goalie would he still be an abysmal footballer who only warrants a score of 1 or would you have to grudgingly admit that he actually did OK in the 10 minutes he had to 'shine' .

Archived