To renew, or not to renew, that is the question

snorkey

Lets get one thing clear, If you don't renew, you can still go to the games!!

Only difference is Vlad won't have your money before a balls kicked and lets be honest, once he has your cash, he does'nt give a monkeys what you think.

Regular John

I agree with what you're saying however in Kickbackworld your view is quite frankly unacceptable.

Renew.

As Andy68Hearts put it, there is a difference between supporting Romanov and supporting Hearts - no matter how much you spin it.

Jambof3tornado

Only difference is Vlad won't have your money before a balls kicked and lets be honest, once he has your cash, he does'nt give a monkeys what you think.

So by not renewing and then going to all the games you support him by giving him extra money over the course of the season. Cutting off your nose to spite your face huh??

And come they end of next season(assuming you dont renew this year) and they announce that we will play in front of 3 stands,what then,yes,its a season without watching your beloved team because you cant get a seat coz they are all taken up by season ticket holders.

Renew or not renew is a big question,but it really does come down to the individual. I want to leave it late to renew but cannot afford to pay the extra so shall take advantage of the early bird prices,does that make me a bad person???:sad:

portobellojambo1

In reality it is a relatively simple decision -

You first of all have to decide if you want to continue to follow The Heart of Midlothian Football Club, hopefully that shouldn't be too difficult a question for anyone to answer, except for those who believe that by continuing to follow the team they are offering open support to Vladimir Romanov & Company, and his methods.

Then you have to say to yourself, "two options here, either I can renew prior to the May deadline, and save myself a bit cash, or I don't renew, but I will go along to every home match on a game by game basis".

You then have to contact Hearts, ask them what they plan on doing with your season ticket money, what sort of account it will be invested in, and the interest rate on said account. You then get out your calculator, input how much your season ticket will cost if you buy it early, and multiply that figure by the interest rate and add the end result onto your starting figure. This way you will work out how much you are paying and how much HMFC will make out of you as a result. You then have to add up the cost of going along to all home games, including CIS and Scottish Cup ties, on a by match basis.

Without knowing the walk up cost of tickets for home games next season I suspect you will discover that those who opt for option 2, walk up, will be putting more money into the coffers than those who renew early.

The above of course assumes that none of the early ticket money is going to be invested in players, or will offer the club the ready finance to attract this manager that we still wait on, i.e. it will just sit in a bank account until the end of next season doing not a lot, if the early season ticket money is used quickly those paying up front will be putting even less into the coffers, as it will get little or no chance to gain interest.

of course you renew. The only pertinent question is when. I just hope that enough other people do the same thing so that my message, however weak, is noticed.

Gigolo-Aunt

Will renew.

If things go boobies up like the start of last season, lessons have not been learned.

No excuses.

Only a Game
of course you renew. The only pertinent question is when. I just hope that enough other people do the same thing so that my message, however weak, is noticed.

Couldnt agree more. I'll probably, in fact I'll almost definetly be renewing, even if its Frail in charge with basically the same squad.

But I simply cannot see the sense in ANYONE rushing along there right now with their money in their sweaty paw. FFS youve got until 5th May(or the 30th May if you can afford to forego the discount)

Renew by all means, its what I will be doing and I would guess most others will be doing, but FFS at least hold back and send a message to the club that renewal its not something you automatically do without even thinking about it. Its a licence for them to do absolutely NOTHING to improve things. Renewing right now is sending entirely the wrong message to the owners of the club.

Couldnt agree more. I'll probably, in fact I'll almost definetly be renewing, even if its Frail in charge with basically the same squad.

But I simply cannot see the sense in ANYONE rushing along there right now with their money in their sweaty paw. FFS youve got until 5th May(or the 30th May if you can afford to forego the discount)

Perfect answer.

Renew, yes. Not straight away though. Let Romanov know that you won't be rushed into anything even a paltry little discount offer. He needs to know that by and large, we are not happy with his handling of affairs.

Support Hearts YES. Support Romanov ??.

but FFS at least hold back and send a message to the club that renewal its not something you automatically do without even thinking about it.

Sorry, but i do renew without thinking about it and i always will.

In reality it is a relatively simple decision -

You first of all have to decide if you want to continue to follow The Heart of Midlothian Football Club, hopefully that shouldn't be too difficult a question for anyone to answer, except for those who believe that by continuing to follow the team they are offering open support to Vladimir Romanov & Company, and his methods.

Then you have to say to yourself, "two options here, either I can renew prior to the May deadline, and save myself a bit cash, or I don't renew, but I will go along to every home match on a game by game basis".

You then have to contact Hearts, ask them what they plan on doing with your season ticket money, what sort of account it will be invested in, and the interest rate on said account. You then get out your calculator, input how much your season ticket will cost if you buy it early, and multiply that figure by the interest rate and add the end result onto your starting figure. This way you will work out how much you are paying and how much HMFC will make out of you as a result. You then have to add up the cost of going along to all home games, including CIS and Scottish Cup ties, on a by match basis.

Without knowing the walk up cost of tickets for home games next season I suspect you will discover that those who opt for option 2, walk up, will be putting more money into the coffers than those who renew early.

The above of course assumes that none of the early ticket money is going to be invested in players, or will offer the club the ready finance to attract this manager that we still wait on, i.e. it will just sit in a bank account until the end of next season doing not a lot, if the early season ticket money is used quickly those paying up front will be putting even less into the coffers, as it will get little or no chance to gain interest.

It may be that the cash flow at Hearts is the significant issue and if some fans don't renew as earlybirds the club could go under!

Anyway, the most important renewal decision is that Ivaskevicius' loan shouldn't be renewed ...

Archived