Vermin classic tales

Craigieboy

Derby day soon so lets be having you.

My favourite (outwith Hampden) will always be Fosters winner in the cup. The whole feeling of that day is so vivid in my memory.

•  
  • The ball appearing from nowhere
  • The ball appearing from nowhere & heading toward Foster
  • Holding your breath for about 5 seconds as Foster took a dig at it
  • The celebrations
  • The bedlam that went on for ages
  • The fact that we didn't really deserve to win the tie
  • The hibs fans fighting among themselves in the old bEast terracing
  • Watching the re-runs on the BBC & seeing genuine fear on Dougie Donnellys face as the TV gantry got kicked to ****
  • Seeing the genius effort of the guy who had the brass kneck & confidence to bring the 21 Key

Pefect. Just perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn0lGFGMccw

Over to you.........

Could be a long thread this one :thumbsup:

De Vries' 4th trundling into the net.

4-0 at Tynie - The walk into town, Blazing sunshine.

Hampden - Need i say more? - Smith sent off (longest serving). Sproule sent off (fans favourite) Hartley hat-trick (their ex player). Their keeper ballsing up (the usual)

2-1 - Driver & Glen, was in the old stand for the first time in ages. The old fashioned feeling was brilliant. Didnt expect us to win, and we won. Happy days.

Imagine being a hibee :lol:

Hampden for me - bottle of Tequila drank between me and my mate before the game - back through after the game partying all night.

Must have heard that White Stripes song about 30 times that day :teehee:

What a great day that was.

Must have heard that White Stripes song about 30 times that day :teehee:

Bam bam baaam bam bam baaam baaam

Was amazing! Have a cracking vid on the mobile of that.

Result was never in doubt. We were loud an hour before kick off. Shivers thinking about it.

Bring on the Hibees.

Another one that was brilliant was the game we beat them 3-2 on boxing day (i think) a couple of years back.

Had the pleasure of watching it in the Jocks Lodge (nuff said)- full of hibees apart from me and one of my mates was reekin drunk and gave the hibees in the bar it tight the whole game.

The usual Zibby nonsense gave us the lead before it went back to 2-2 with Dean Sheilds getting sent off after scoring a penalty and charging into Gordon. I turned to my mate who I was sitting with and said "I would love it if Miko scored the winner.........."

Then Miko goes and blasts it in the top corner and I went totally crackers in a hibee pub. The vermins faces were a picture!

In fact I was probably lucky to get out their without being shot in hindsight!

The De Vries game was amazing I had bruises all over my legs from jumping all over my seat, and also...Stampy scoring at Fester Rd and being sent off for celebrating was special! (cheering whilst going down the tunnel) Brilliant!

The games where the press and media say Hibs will win blah blah, the 0-2 (Colquhoun x 2) and 0-1 (McCann) at Easter Rd were 2 of those games as they were 'riding high' in the league and we were below them. Best has to be the 4-0 one, although they got their revenge by beating us 2-1 in the 'one that mattered' a week or so after :teehee:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

So many good memories with the 4-0 at Hampden standing out obviously

Another one tho is the 3-2 on Boxing Day 2006, mentioned above by Don Juan. The game was originally supposed to be on the 27th and flights booked etc for boxing day was due to go to the game but the Setanta bassas re-arranged it to boxing day! Not only did we not get to go to the game but the flights meant we didnt see the 2nd half! Watched the 1st in the pub, saw Hartleys goal then in taxi upto airport got the text that Janny had made it 2-0,another Zibby gift, looked like we were cruising.. get text going through security Hibs got one back.. then waiting in depts got the text about Shiels scoring the pen.. but then getting sent off for punching Gordon??!!

Sitting on the plane safety demonstration "and you'll find your lifejackets in the overhead panel.." me and Dad "YAAAASSSS!!!!!" (Miko having just made it 3-2 with minutes left).. whole plan looking at us in bewilderment... plane literally on the runway got the text "FT 3-2".. cue more celebrating followed by a swift switching off of the phone!

Still gutted to this day to have missed it and could watch Miko's strike and the eruption of the Gorgie End all day long. But the circumstances of my story just make it memorable

A few good trips down to their smelly bus shelter in recent years too.. in fact in the 5 or 6 times ive been there im still unbeaten! the 2-0 cup game 2 years back was great, but last month was pretty good too!

Miller Jambo 60

Has to be the big semi 06 when we owned them again .

After the game a drunk hobo made his way round to the hearts end, only to fall flat on his face.

Looked a sore one.

Doug.

Miller Jambo 60

Best was the hobo , that shouted at me in East Craigs after the 06 Final.

You lot carry some luck, just laughed at him.

Muppet

One of the funniest was pissing all over their cup winning party when Big Zal got the winner a few years back.

"Bring out the wee cup"

Superb

Apart from the Semi,

The 1-0 win at Easter Road when they were going to parade the cup. Didn't get a ticket so had to make do with sitting in my mum and dad's friends' house, full of Hibs fans. Us off the back of the 4-0 humping off Dundee Utd. Would have loved to be there that day.

Templeton'sUnderpants

One that stands out for me was 2002 derby at fester, hibs were 1-0 majority of the game and 2 goals in the last 5 minutes for us from McKenna and Stamp (Really) saw us to victory.

Back at Bathgate Railway stattion after the 4-4 game, some Hibees giving us abuse after being wound up all the way home. One of them steps back in the middle of one of his tirades and falls right off the platform onto the track. Finished off an enjoyable day!

my personal favourite will always be the first derby after Mercer's takeover bid. :)

Yep.

That was the game that they were really going to show us what for.

And we absolutely destroyed them.

Beautiful.

Derby day soon so lets be having you.

My favourite (outwith Hampden) will always be Fosters winner in the cup. The whole feeling of that day is so vivid in my memory.

•  
  • The ball appearing from nowhere
  • The ball appearing from nowhere & heading toward Foster
  • Holding your breath for about 5 seconds as Foster took a dig at it
  • The celebrations
  • The bedlam that went on for ages
  • The fact that we didn't really deserve to win the tie
  • The hibs fans fighting among themselves in the old bEast terracing
  • Watching the re-runs on the BBC & seeing genuine fear on Dougie Donnellys face as the TV gantry got kicked to ****
  • Seeing the genius effort of the guy who had the brass kneck & confidence to bring the 21 Key

Pefect. Just perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn0lGFGMccw

Over to you.........

[Felt confident, so in the morning had went to TopSport and got the Home Top with "21" on the back. At the end of the game headed for East Terracing and lifted the sweatshirt and turned my back to reveal the number - The intelligent ones soon realised the significance and went beserk... I was swiftly moved on and advised to leave the ground. Still got the top and it gets an occasional airing ay Tynie.]

One of the funniest was pissing all over their cup winning party when Big Zal got the winner a few years back.

"Bring out the wee cup"

Superb

Mahheartwasbroken.jpg

HibsCupParade.jpg

I could not even begin to start writing down all the magic moments i've experienced against Hibs over the years.......but i will.

Any victory at Easter Road is that wee bit more enjoyable i feel. And that much better when it's either a late winner and/or undeserved.

I must give an honourable mention to the guy who ran onto the pitch beside me at the 4-4 game, lifted the corner flag, threw it right into the Hibs end, and turned on his heels and ran right up the steps and into the bowels of the Wheatfield. I often wonder if you got nicked, i hope not mate.

The 3 SC cup games in my lifetime. Foster on the fence and my dad catching the ball in the enclosure in the dying seconds and proceeding to throw it up into the Main Stand. Nearly got huckled for that. What can you say about the 4-0 that has not been said before? A day i will never forget. Gary Glen rounding the keeper and piling down the front, celebrating in the Haymarket well into the night.

5-1 and joints being passed around Section N, that was when it was in it's infancy and before the bizzies and loads of wee ******s spoiled it. McKenna and Stampy and possibly the best bounce i've seen. Cheeky Vimptos and singing 'oh what a feeling, we're dancinjg on the ceiling' in Milnes for hours afterwards. I seem to remember a game in the early noughties when Pressley scored a late penalty being a lot of fun but i forget the details.

I wish i could remember them all.

Still think the 4-4 game takes some beating,a hobo mate of mine said "that was worse than getting beat".

This!

one of my mates is eternally grateful that i told him to sit his ass back down after he tried to leave when it went 4-2. we were close enough to see the torn faces of the hobo's and it was hilarious watching them leave

Miller Jambo 60

This!

one of my mates is eternally grateful that i told him to sit his ass back down after he tried to leave when it went 4-2. we were close enough to see the torn faces of the hobo's and it was hilarious watching them leave

My mate regrets this, Sorry big man.

Doug.

Also anything featuring Zibby Malkowski.

He once got voted man of the match coming back from Tynecastle on our supporters bus,one of Hearts best ever keepers.

2-4-6

Left the family down in Centerparks at whinfell and drove to Hampden, parked the car and walked to stadium. As I got to the ground I passed the Hibs fans, all seemed very quiet and low key, rounded the corner to see about 10,000 jambos playing football and the place was bedlam, I knew there and then we were going to win that game. Drove back down to centerparks and as I pulled into the car park I noticed another car with Jambos in it so we arranged to meet later and got pished, what a day!!!

The Changingman

Another one that was brilliant was the game we beat them 3-2 on boxing day (i think) a couple of years back.

Had the pleasure of watching it in the Jocks Lodge (nuff said)- full of hibees apart from me and one of my mates was reekin drunk and gave the hibees in the bar it tight the whole game.

The usual Zibby nonsense gave us the lead before it went back to 2-2 with Dean Sheilds getting sent off after scoring a penalty and charging into Gordon. I turned to my mate who I was sitting with and said "I would love it if Miko scored the winner.........."

Then Miko goes and blasts it in the top corner and I went totally crackers in a hibee pub. The vermins faces were a picture!

In fact I was probably lucky to get out their without being shot in hindsight!

Miko was the first thing I thought of, (after Hampden of course) as soon as it left his toe I screamed "what a ******* shot" two wee girls in front of me (in Section S lower at the time) turned round to look at the sreaming numpty then it did indeed hit the top corner, Bedlam Bedlam Bedlam. Happy days

Loved the game when BSB were broadcasting it live, John Inverdale up doing the studio links etc, freezing themselves to death in the silly wee ER media booth.

4-1 at a canter, and Mackay scored an OG making him Hibs second joint scorer at that point! Of course, he meandered up the pitch and battered one in at the right end to redress the balance.

And I've shared this memory on here before, but exiting from the 'Wayne Foster' SC game - with all the hobos held well behind a barrier - and some grizzled old soak in a denim jacket, big grizzly beard the lot pipes up "I've never even heard 'o Wayne Foster"!!! To which my mate goes over to him and says, in a really earnest, sympathetic tone - "We'll perhaps you should complain to the SFA but I don't think your lack of knowledge is likely to get the tie awarded to you". At this point, if there had been no barrier I suspect the gentleman in question would have tried to eat us, such was his confused, yet primeval, reaction!

My favourite is obviously the semi final but so many other enjoyable moments too. The funniest had to be the wee cup party spoiled by big Zal, the scenes were hilrious. Shoes off, old women refusing to leave the ground, us being chased out of one section of the stand by the police then running into another section!

One that stays in my mind was the cup win at Easter Road a couple of seasons ago. Once Glen scored we could really enjoy it and about an hour and a half after the game I bumped into Karipidis on Hanover Street. I saw him walking up he road so I proceeded to belt towards him (a bit worse for wear IIRC!). He looked pretty scared initially but I hugged him and he just burst out laughing and said he was happy to beat the Hibs.

tommythejambo

Probably the semi-final. Our bus, leaving from Northfield's Right Wing, took a wrong turn and ended up going through the Hibs side of the ground, the whole bus was going mental. Obviously the win made it what it was.

Also my first ever derby, which was a 1-1 draw at Er with Hartley scoring for us in the mid-00's.

haha tommy

i have to laugh at that cos we were on corporate buses for the big semi, and they ALL went the wrong way! cue half a dozen buses trying to u turn on cathcart road!

what a day, made even better by the fact that i met, and subsequently became great pals with jenny jambo (she'll not mind me mentioning her) after nipping outside for a smoke and going "you beverley off kickback?" aye, its me haha

Dr Ian Malcolm

How far offside is Weir for the third? Assuming it's De Vries that flicks it on, it's blatant.

:pleasing:

One at ER in the late 80's I think. Robbo was getting dogs abuse from the vermin about his Mrs. Free kick, 30 yards out. Smash. Grasscutter past Goram. The wee mans face says it all. Any Hobo who questions where his loyalties lie should watch that.

The game has changed. A few tackles you would not getaway with these days - even in a Derby. That on Berry does between the first ans second goals is crunching to say the least.

I like to think of it as enthusiastic.

One at ER in the late 80's I think. Robbo was getting dogs abuse from the vermin about his Mrs. Free kick, 30 yards out. Smash. Grasscutter past Goram. The wee mans face says it all. Any Hobo who questions where his loyalties lie should watch that.

Wasn't at the game but I believe Robbo grabbed his genitals in celebration as a riposte to the Hibs fans abuse. :thumbsup:

Loved the 4-1 game at Tynie 1973. A few demons exorcised that day.

Also the 3-2 game at Tynie 1983. Robbos first derby IIRC. They just "turned up" expecting to roll us over.

Foster derby for me, my first derby and what a great day

02.04.06 words can't describe that day, one of the few games (especially derbies) where I hardly got my pre-match butterflies

And the late Pressley penalty mentioned earlier would have been a Saturday night game 12.03.2002 - my 22nd birthday, didn't make the game but me and my bro (Frenchie) in the bowling alley in Rosyth watching it on the big screens running laps of the bar after the penalty went in. Missed Seve's equaliser having a pish, don't remember too much else from that day

One of my favourite memories regarding Hibs was when I ended up in hospital after the 06 cup win. I had crashed my bike 3 days before the final (couldn't drink) and had to be readmitted straight after the game. Ended up in a hospital room with two other Jambos (both fell over pissed after the game) and one Hibby. The three of us had a great time discussing the 4-0 semi and how it felt to watch your team lift the big cup. The poor Hibby had a triple leg break and couldn't even go for a piss on his own, let alone get away from our celebrations.

Jimmy McNulty

Also the 3-2 game at Tynie 1983. Robbos first derby IIRC. They just "turned up" expecting to roll us over.

This. First derby and first experience of the high that is beating the vermin. Robbo appeared on everyone's radar after that.

Archived