Gary Harkins (Rumour)

Syd

Afternoon,

Heard today from a Dundee supporter (and former sponsor) that Hearts will be signing Gary Harkins. Apparently our kindness to allow them david Whit and J Stewart is part of the deal to get him. That's all the information I got out of him. Has anyone else heard similar?

Sy.

Not heard anything but every time the Leigh Griffiths rumour reveals its' ugly head I've stated that I would rather sign Harkins.

An attacking midfielder who scores a lot of goals. He might struggle with the step-up to the SPL but if we can get him on the cheap then it is worth taking a chance.

This wouldn't surprise me but does Harkins not play attacking midfield? We need a holding player to dictate play. That said, no harm having options on the bench if it meant unloading some dead wood like Witteveen to Dundee.

This wouldn't surprise me but does Harkins not play attacking midfield? We need a holding player to dictate play. That said, no harm having options on the bench if it meant unloading some dead wood like Witteveen to Dundee.

Mate, I'd say the last thing we need is yet another holding midfielder. Most of our midfielders are too similar already.

We have Ruben, Jonsson, Mroviec and even Black who all either play or can play that role.

It's an attacking, goal scoring midfielder in the Cameron / Hartley mould that I reckon would enhance our squad.

No idea if this guy is good enough but I can see why JJ wanted Bryson so bad and I can see why this position is one that we need to look at.

ToadKiller Dog

The Talk i have heard in dundee that Harkins is moving across the road to Tannadice on the cheap and it has been agreed for ages ,a replacement for a few Arabs who will be away . I wouldnt mind Harkins a decent attacking midfielder who should have no bother taking the step up .

Mate, I'd say the last thing we need is yet another holding midfielder. Most of our midfielders are too similar already.

We have Ruben, Jonsson, Mroviec and even Black who all either play or can play that role.

It's an attacking, goal scoring midfielder in the Cameron / Hartley mould that I reckon would enhance our squad.

No idea if this guy is good enough but I can see why JJ wanted Bryson so bad and I can see why this position is one that we need to look at.

Spot on imo :teehee:

Archived