The evolution of Sol Bamba. (NHC)

The Comedian

From late last year onwards...

"Bamba says Blackburn are in for him."

"Fair play to him. Good that he points out that he is happy at Hibs but I don't think anyone can grudge him his ambitions. I actually don't think he's ready for the Premiership yet, but he will get there sooner rather than later.

Hopefully we'll keep him til the summer at least."

"I think he's got what it takes to play in the Premiership. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up at a bigger club than any of the other players we've flogged."

"When he does move down south (which I expect will be soon) I wish him all the best. He's done a fantastic job at Hibs. I can't fault the guy for his performances or his comments.

I can see us getting a fairly decent fee for big Sol & think he will make a name for himself down there."

"Aye... Thats right.

Blackburn aren't in for him, he just felt like making it up.

Bamba is heading for the EPL and he's going to do well there."

:4_1_72:

" said at the start of this season, Bamba would play in the EPL. Some people laughed when i said we should make the most of him while we have him. He will play in the premiership, whether its Blackburn or someone else."

"Was at the Chelsea v Blackburn game last week and Blackburn were gash...big Sol should be setting his sights higher than them."

And then a year later...

"Well what are the thoughts now ..

Take 8m from any of the EPL clubs still circling lol"

"please let this be true and leave. One of many to get shifted. The guy is rank

?50k he cost and that's the level of worth he still is. No more."

"Nothing ive seen suggests to me he is of any great quality. He may have the height and physique that Hibs have lacked over the years, but sadly he's devoid of any class and his departure will be Hibs' gain."

I'm not one to post trash from over there but it had me buckled and i wanted to share. They've went from one extreme to the other, although he is and always has been crap.

Christ I remember not so many seasons ago they were saying that Arsenal would be the best choice for Riordan in the EPL as he would suit their style best.

Didn't really happen did it?

Archived