Adam Rooney

jamboglenn

Anyone else think we would be clear favourites to sign him? cant see the OF showing much intrest tbh. Would love to see him and Kyle up front.

Anyone else think we would be clear favourites to sign him? cant see the OF showing much intrest tbh. Would love to see him and Kyle up front.

Know chance he will be away to the championship if he moves on we cannot afford him anyway do we need him I think not we need to strengthen in other areas.

Grumpy.

Would be an excellent pre-contract signing in January, but will more than likely be heading back down south.

:huh:

I know...I thought that myself as I typed it but it's true. I'd like to see Foran in a slightly more central role...and I met him at the weekend and he's a ******* gentleman.

Drylaw Hearts

I know...I thought that myself as I typed it but it's true. I'd like to see Foran in a slightly more central role...and I met him at the weekend and he's a ******* gentleman.

Please.....Foran or Rooney and you would choose Foran ?

He must have given you a big tip.

:smiliz23:

I was up in Inverness with the family and my dad wanted to take me to the football. Caley v St. Bribery. I'm not one to say no to Hospitality and there was no way of me getting to Rugby Park so I said ok. Foran had a decent game and Rooney was pish. The game was shite in general with little to no atmosphere and one of my dads mates afterwards asked what the Celtic score was, I told him and he said "Oh well, at least my other team won." He's a season ticket holder at ICT. I felt a bit sick.

I don't really keep up with them so am assuming based on my limited viewing of them that Foran plays his heart out and Rooney's hot and cold.

After the game I got speaking to Foran in the hospitality section and he was friendly, social and carried himself really well. Rooney never came up.

The Old Tolbooth

The tip he gave him had 7 inches behind it! :ninja:

Sorry Boomstick, just getting you back for my birthday comments :P

The tip he gave him had 7 inches behind it! :ninja:

Sorry Boomstick, just getting you back for my birthday comments :P

I just said happy birthday in big letters... :(

I am only 23 though and you're 40...swings and roundabouts.

The Old Tolbooth

Awww shit, so you did, I mistook you for someone else as I forget who ribbed me and who didn't now :lol:

Apologies mate (I just wanted to use the "7 inches" line really) :whistling:

Templeton'sUnderpants

The question is why should we be interested in someone the OF wouldn't be? Total lack of ambition in that thinking. Regardless, I think he will be off to the championship and also do not think he would fit in to our current system and I wouldn't see him as the type of player we would change our system to work around.

Awww shit, so you did, I mistook you for someone else as I forget who ribbed me and who didn't now :lol:

Apologies mate (I just wanted to use the "7 inches" line really) :whistling:

40's too young for senior moments.

I did raise a chuckle at the 7 inches line though so it was worth it.

The Old Tolbooth

40's too young for senior moments.

I did raise a chuckle at the 7 inches line though so it was worth it.

Thank feck for that, I was feeling bad for a whole 2 seconds there :D

Aye but you are talking complete and utter shite on this issue i'm afraid.

Foran is gash. Always has been.

Rooney may be a bit overrated but Foran doesn't even come close to him.

Don't really see the big deal with Adam Rooney. He fits intro our plan of getting them cheap and selling on at a profit but I couldn't see him getting into our team. He'd be better off at Caley or down south.

The question is why should we be interested in someone the OF wouldn't be? Total lack of ambition in that thinking. Regardless, I think he will be off to the championship and also do not think he would fit in to our current system and I wouldn't see him as the type of player we would change our system to work around.

I don't think we are looking to sign Rooney as he's in the middle of a contract, but WTf have the bigot brothers got to do with ANY players we may or may not be interested in?

Being honest, i don`t see the big fuss over this guy? Not saying he isn`t a decent player but i`ve neither been overly impressed when i`ve seen him.

This is what the fuss is about:

Clydesdale Bank Premier League Top Scorers

Miller Rangers 21

Sammon Kilmarnock 12

Rooney Inverness CT 11

Blackman Motherwell 10

Hooper Celtic 9

Riordan Hibernian 8

Goodwillie Dundee Utd 7

Skacel Hearts 7

Higdon St Mirren 6

Templeton Hearts 6

Hayes Inverness CT 5

Kyle Hearts

This is what the fuss is about:

Clydesdale Bank Premier League Top Scorers

Miller Rangers 21

Sammon Kilmarnock 12

Rooney Inverness CT 11

Blackman Motherwell 10

Hooper Celtic 9

Riordan Hibernian 8

Goodwillie Dundee Utd 7

Skacel Hearts 7

Higdon St Mirren 6

Templeton Hearts 6

Hayes Inverness CT 5

Kyle Hearts 5

Rooney, Sammon and Goodwillie are all young strikers at less prestigious clubs than Hearts. Rooney has the best record of the three (40 goals from 81 - CS 30/144 - DGW 28/110) Therefore he seems a logical player to look at.

Miller, Blackman, Hooper, Riordan are not.

We already own Skacel, kyle and Templeton.

Aye but you are talking complete and utter shite on this issue i'm afraid.

Foran is gash. Always has been.

Rooney may be a bit overrated but Foran doesn't even come close to him.

Maybe I am. I won't lose any sleep over it though. All I'm saying is that RF impressed me more the last time I saw him than AR.

Probs a one off, but nevermind.

EDIT: From ICT I'd also rather see Hayes (although we have enough cover on the left wing) and Nick Ross - won MOTM when I was up there, only 19 and quite an attacking midfielder.

Archived