Ally McCoist

rossmaroon

Met Ally McCoist today and was interested to hear that he thinks we can finish above Celtic tghis season ( and hopefully Rangers!). He also mentioned the players he admires most in our team: Templeton, Wallace and KEVIN KYLE.

Don't mind McCoist, but he can get to **** if he wants anywhere near those three.

Also, am I the only one who thinks 'Walter' is hanging him out to dry a wee bit by retiring next season, when half his squad will be away? By the start of next season, Miller, Bougherra, Weir, Weiss and Papac (also possibly McGregor, but I doubt it) could all conceivably be away and, with no money to spend, the pressure'll be heaped right on the new man in charge when the results inevitably suffer.

He didn't mention Skacel? The man doesnae have a clue.

Even wee suso will turn up next year and rip the pish out of the gers defence.

Dont think McCoist is thinking about signing them as The Huns are still skint. Just players he admires.

Big Zal would be a better option for them as I think they have more than enough firepower just now to win the league. They will soon need a at least one central defender as DW wont go on forever.

Don't mind McCoist, but he can get to **** if he wants anywhere near those three.

Also, am I the only one who thinks 'Walter' is hanging him out to dry a wee bit by retiring next season, when half his squad will be away? By the start of next season, Miller, Bougherra, Weir, Weiss and Papac (also possibly McGregor, but I doubt it) could all conceivably be away and, with no money to spend, the pressure'll be heaped right on the new man in charge when the results inevitably suffer.

On one hand he has Walter to thank for giving him a shot in the first place at what is considered (bleh) to be a big club, but on the other hand I think he'd be daft to take charge at this point in his managerial career. It's too early imo, as Lennon is currently discovering....

I'm sure if mccoist met a fan from a team at the foot of the table he'd be telling them he thinks they'll stay up. He'll no doubt expect rangers to win the league and won't give a hoot about who finishes elsewhere.

Wee temps will be in scotland squads soon. New meat for the ipox recruiting sergeants to tap up. Not that anything untoward would ever happen in this honest scottish sport.

Yeah but you hate lots of people.

:)

Even at Christmas....

Absolutely, it's cathartic.

Anyway, "Super Ally" is special, I hate him all year round.:thumbsup:

Yep, I don't join in the McCoist love in

Not possible, he was a "cheeky chappy" who had that Glaswegian patter and everybody loved.:rolleyes:

Not possible, he was a "cheeky chappy" who had that Glaswegian patter and everybody loved.:rolleyes:

And he was Hearty Harry once, oh how we laughed.

Tosspot.

I dont mind Ally either and at least he has broadened his mind a bit with his TV stuff..............still 100% hun though

and he is NO MORE WELCOME THAN WATTIE to browse through our squad as they felt they had the right to do

in the past :verymad:

Can't see him being given the reins yet though, not if they want to compete at CL / EC level, and he might be in for

a rude awakening if anyone with real money does buy them out.

And he was Hearty Harry once, oh how we laughed.

Tosspot.

I am not going down the road of my Hearty Harry story on this occasion but needless to say he got an earful from me.

Midfield Dynamo

Met Ally McCoist today and was interested to hear that he thinks we can finish above Celtic tghis season ( and hopefully Rangers!). He also mentioned the players he admires most in our team: Templeton, Wallace and KEVIN KYLE.

NAME DROPPER!

Dosent matter a jot what he thinks, the huns couldnt afford Temps or Wallace, and I doubt Vlad would sell two of his best assests to anyone in Scotland, Wallace ?4m and temps ?6m i reckon are his current values, then again I've just polished off a bottle of wine so my logic may be a bit off!

jamboinglasgow

No you are not the only one. Walter Smith has in the past few years been driven to achieve short term success at the risk of long term. Walter has been used to spending big sums of money and the reckless spending of 08/09 showed that when they spent ?20m in a transfer window. Problem is the proverbial brown stuff hit the fan and Rangers faced up to their years of chucking money around. Rangers were able to survive and win the league the previous two seasons through having that large squad and Celtic being awful. A wise Walter would have bled a few youngsters in last season as it became obvious that Rangers were running away with the title. Thus they are having to shove in a couple of youngsters in this season. But it cant be doubted that Walter will leave Ally with a much much weaker squad. And even if they do get taken over he will only get ?5m. A title winning side is not easily bought for that much. If there is any plan at Rangers then they should confirm the successor to Walter now, and allow them to work with the board to sign up players on pre-contract deals, as that is whats needed to strengthen the side. But I doubt that will be what happened, just look at the previous window, Rangers had plenty of time to sign free-contracts but the nonsense from that phony buyer put it off and left then buying only a few weeks before the window closed.

Walter Smith has done the smartest thing for himself, left the titanic before the iceberg hits. He knows that next seasons Rangers will be a much weaker team from now and so he has one last hurrah, give his pal Ally the reigns (refuses even a DoF role knowing that could tarnish him) and rides off into the sunset. Meanwhile the wounded beast of Rangers limps on in the SPL, should be second but weaker. Then again it requires the clumsy lion that is Celtic to not mess up like they have become prone to these last few seasons.

Walter Smith has done the smartest thing for himself, left the titanic before the iceberg hits.

The Titanic actually hit the iceberg. And that makes it a much better analogy in y opinion, Rangers are steering themselves towards trouble, not carrying on unaware of it being over the horizon.

Victor Meldrew

The prospect of McCoist taking over a Rangers side that is likely to lose its best players in the Summer is one that fills me with hope for the future - if things go as we hope, they will be there for the taking.

However, we need to hope Lennon keeps his job - the worst thing that could happen for us is that Celtic get themselves a decent manager - don't forget, O'Neill doesn't have a new job yet!!

That being so, it strikes me that ironically we might have a better chance of actually challenging for the league next season if we were to finish third this year: that way Lennon would probably keep his job, hopefully Rangers will win the league and appoint McCoist. Then we'll be faced with weak OF sides, but have a team that has had a year to bond as a unit with JJ at the helm.

Dn't get me wrong - I want us to do as well as we possibly can and I would love us to catch Celtic (and Rangers, but I think that may be beyond us this season) but it did strike me that a third place finish behind the OF might maximise our chances for next year...

I'm sure if mccoist met a fan from a team at the foot of the table he'd be telling them he thinks they'll stay up. He'll no doubt expect rangers to win the league and won't give a hoot about who finishes elsewhere.

Yes, my thoughts entirely.

'Coisty' can go and lie in his own pish imo.

thats not very nice

get him to share a bed with pishypants and bingo :thumbsup:

Dont think McCoist is thinking about signing them as The Huns are still skint. Just players he admires.

Big Zal would be a better option for them as I think they have more than enough firepower just now to win the league. They will soon need a at least one central defender as DW wont go on forever.

Never mind McCoist Deek....your profile pic is top drawer mate

Jambof3tornado

I don't think he'll actually get the job as Rangers manager.

I thought Walter was grooming Super Ally especially for the job?!

As a person Ally McCoist is a proper decent bloke. His taste in fitba' teams is questionable though.

He actually has always been complimentary about Heart Of Midlothian on any occasion I've spoken to him.

Agreed! Can you post a larger image?! For Christmas?!?!

On a side note I met McCoist in the Opal Lounge years ago... He was out with Gabby Logan... No Kenny n sight! He's a serial shagger that one... If he gave Gabby one good on him... A marked improvement on Hazel Irvine!

Only comes out at Xmas, think this is their third year. Going to meet them again this summer for a week of fun and frolics. :smiliz64:

Archived