Update on how our loaned players are doing

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Had a look on a couple of forums to check on what they think of some of our players on loan there.

Currently we have:

- Dylan McGowan and Michael Deland at East Fife.

- Johnny Stewart and David Wittiveen at Dundee (though unsure if the Wit is still there as on a Dundee forum someone said we recalled him just over a week ago.)

- Gordon Smith and Johnny Brown at Stirling Albion.

- Jamie Mole at Raith Rovers (though returning soon.)

- Conrad Balatoni at Partick Thistle

- Mark Ridgers at Airdrie United

- And I am unsure if Paul Mulrooney is still at Brechin, thought it was a 1 month loan but found no brechin City forums.

I have only managed to get onto a few forums.

- Dylan McGowan in his couple of matches have impressed East Fife fans.

- Mark Ridgers has really impressed the Airdrie fans who feel they have kept them in games of kept losses to a respectable score. Still a bit raw at times but showing ability. Some have said that he looks SPL standard.

- Conrad Balatoni has been seen as a decent player, maybe a squad player maybe a first team player. The Partick Thistle manager said in the local papers a couple of days ago that he hoped to get Conrad for the rest of the season.

- Couldn't get on the Stirling webstie without registering but considering Gordon Smith has scored 7 goals in 12 games this season I think he has impressed, have also read in their match reports that Brown has set-up a few goals.

- Not found anything on Dundee sites about the two, but Stewart has made some subs apperances.

If anyone else know how local fans view some of these players post it here.

To further the point about Ridgers, one of my Uni mates is a big Airdrie fan. He's been thoroughly impressed with him and he reckons he'll be a top goalie when he's a bit older. As said above, he thinks he's still prone to the odd 'rookie mistake' but he's kept them in games they should be dropping points in. He's convinced Ridgers has what it takes to be a SPL number one soon.

Was at the Dundee Stirling game last week & tbh Smith was poor, hardly had a kick & didn't look lively at all. Until now, didn't realise Brown was even playing, & wasnt a good player in that team tbh

First time I'd seen Stewart & was only a brief substitute appearance, but he didn't look up to much. Quite a small guy, wasn't exactly buzzing around looking to impress!

Fairly certain Wittiveen got sent back as he hasn't been involved for us (Dundee) tho tbh he is lucky to be a professional player

Was at the Dundee Stirling game last week & tbh Smith was poor, hardly had a kick & didn't look lively at all. Until now, didn't realise Brown was even playing, & wasnt a good player in that team tbh

First time I'd seen Stewart & was only a brief substitute appearance, but he didn't look up to much. Quite a small guy, wasn't exactly buzzing around looking to impress!

Fairly certain Wittiveen got sent back as he hasn't been involved for us (Dundee) tho tbh he is lucky to be a professional player

Footballfirst

TBH I can't see any more than a couple of those on loan being kept on by Hearts long term, unless there is an early decision to allow a Colts side to join the leagues

I'm sure that someone mentioned on another thread that Witteveen had been training with Raith Rovers, although I didn't see him at Riccarton on Tuesday, when Raith were training there.

TBH I can't see any more than a couple of those on loan being kept on by Hearts long term, unless there is an early decision to allow a Colts side to join the leagues

I'm sure that someone mentioned on another thread that Witteveen had been training with Raith Rovers, although I didn't see him at Riccarton on Tuesday, when Raith were training there.

Yep David Witteveen told me he was training with Raith and he will be finding a new club in January. He told me he is no longer with Hearts....

And before someone asks, the reason he told me all this is that i live next door to him and we have chatted about his Hearts career over the last 9 months or so.....

Yep David Witteveen told me he was training with Raith and he will be finding a new club in January. He told me he is no longer with Hearts....

And before someone asks, the reason he told me all this is that i live next door to him and we have chatted about his Hearts career over the last 9 months or so.....

I can only imagine how awkward that chat must be...

Charlie-Brown

unless we sort out what happens to players after U19 age group then you fear for the future of most of the kids in the academy teams as the likes of johnny stewart, danny thomson, johnny brown etc are at least as good as any of the players in the current youth teams, only holt and walker stand out as truly exceptional prospects

unless we sort out what happens to players after U19 age group then you fear for the future of most of the kids in the academy teams as the likes of johnny stewart, danny thomson, johnny brown etc are at least as good as any of the players in the current youth teams, only holt and walker stand out as truly exceptional prospects

I think we're in danger here of spending a fortune producing nothing much more than decent but lower league players that we dont get any return on. You just cant see any of the players currently out on loan ever breaking in to the Hearts first team. It's like they are in a tunnel but there's no light at the end of it, just a big black wall. I dont think we can do anything about what happens to over-age but still young players. That has to come by re-instating the reserve league or by increasing the under 19's to under 21's

If this B-team in the 3rd division works then we can have all our fringe players, playing together. I'm sure that will make it easier to judge if they are going to make it at Hearts...

Archived