****The Un-official Boxing Day Football Thread****

The Mighty Thor

The Old Tolbooth

On another note, Hibs are dragged right back into the mix now with that result coupled with St Mirren winning, just need Hamilton to pick up points in their games in hand (one against Hibs) and that lot are struggling, I feel moist! :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hearts Heritage

that's why we will never win the league, the OF always seem to get the 3 points in most tight games, see us at home to ICT then this result today, gutted!!

Hearts did do it in 1957-58 twice against their main rivals Rangers.

Celtic have failed to do it in their previous 3 games.

Hibs now in 10th only 2 ahead of Aberdeen and 5 ahead of Hamilton who have TWO GAMES IN HAND.

Wouldn't it be nice if they got some points from them.

Depending on midweek results we could potentially be sending Hibs to the bottom on New Year's Day!

Edit: Also just looking at their upcoming fixtures...

Utd (h)

Us (a)

Celtic (h)

Well (a)

Rangers (h)

Utd (a)

How many points can you see them picking up in that run of fixtures?

Francis Albert

that's why we will never win the league, the OF always seem to get the 3 points in most tight games, see us at home to ICT then this result today, gutted!!

Always? Once in their last 4 home games.

On another note, Hibs are dragged right back into the mix now with that result coupled with St Mirren winning, just need Hamilton to pick up points in their games in hand (one against Hibs) and that lot are struggling, I feel moist! :D

Could we put them bottom on New Years Day?

hobos at home to united on wednesday and hamilton home to aberdeen on wendesday then home to motherwell on new years day. sadly I fear both accies games will be off...but if they are on then I could see them getting some points...so if both accies games are on then it is very realistic that we could put the hobos bottom on new years day. and aberdeen playing dundee united on new years day too which i could see them winning :thumbsup:

If this could happen, it would nearly be as :pleasing: as 1998

Edit- this post was in reply to beats

3rd place, a scottish cup and a Hibernian relegation - sounds good to me.

RoussetsShorts

Always? Once in their last 4 home games.

Read what I said, I stated that in 'most' tight games, if you look at the stats i'm sure they'd show they win more than not, we need some of that.

Archived