Baggio! Baggio!

Coco

He turned out good in the end Coco but some forget he was a lazy so and so early in his time at Hearts. Eventually he found the right workrate allied with his passing ability.

Rudolf's Mate

He turned out good in the end Coco but some forget he was a lazy so and so early in his time at Hearts. Eventually he found the right workrate allied with his passing ability.

Same could be said about many great players. He was class on his game.

A few good comments and liked this:

" I got plenty of it from Hibs fans, especially at Easter Road. It was the same throughout my career, even when I was at other clubs, but obviously it intensifies when you're playing for Hearts. It's a lot easier to take if you're beating them, and I think most of the clubs I played for tended to do quite well against Hibs."

Toxteth O'Grady

Will never forget his run into (nearly) the edge of the box to win us a penalty in the first minute of the Scottish Cup final.

John Gentleman

Imagine what he would have been like if he wisnae' say fond of a fish supper or six!

Suddenly I've got a craving for a fish supper. Trouble is, the fish they use Downunder, mainly, is a farmed catfish from the the delta of the River Mekong! It's called 'Bassa' and folk wonder why. :)

Oh, for a beloved fillet or twa' of haddie. The best tasting white fish in the world.

The English can keep their cod.

I really liked Fulton but he was frustrating at times.

He could be inconsistent from week to week and his fitness was never great.

His left foot was incredibly cultured and he scored a few memorable goals for us.

He looked so proud on cup final day and his winning of the penalty will always make him a hero.

I'd love to meet him and thank him for his part in one of the best days of my life in the blazing sunshine at Parkhead. :thumbsup:

Toxteth O'Grady

Imagine what he would have been like if he wisnae' say fond of a fish supper or six!

Suddenly I've got a craving for a fish supper. Trouble is, the fish they use Downunder, mainly, is a farmed catfish from the the delta of the River Mekong! It's called 'Bassa' and folk wonder why. :)

Oh, for a beloved fillet or twa' of haddie. The best tasting white fish in the world.

John, if I could send you a real one I would

Cheers

fish%20supper%201.JPG

Same could be said about many great players. He was class on his game.

A few good comments and liked this:

" I got plenty of it from Hibs fans, especially at Easter Road. It was the same throughout my career, even when I was at other clubs, but obviously it intensifies when you're playing for Hearts. It's a lot easier to take if you're beating them, and I think most of the clubs I played for tended to do quite well against Hibs."

Ha-ha....great put-down on the Hibees!

Best goal I saw Fulton score was when he played a 1-2 with Adam who chipped a return pass which was volleyed into the top corner against Aberdeen. Off to try and find it on YouTube. :)

Miller Jambo 60

Will never forget his run into (nearly) the edge of the box to win us a penalty in the first minute of the Scottish Cup final.

Spot on budthumbsup.gif

Craig Herbertson

John, if I could send you a real one I would

Cheers

fish%20supper%201.JPG

Try living with German pommes and bratwurst - have to have at least two of these when I get home

Carl Fredrickson

Fulton was a good player who became a great player due to playing in a great team. Football is a team game and Fulton brought things to the team that no-one else could. By the same token, others took up the slack for the parts that Fulton couldnt deliver on.

Will go down in history as a Hearts leagend - cup winning captain - and I for one will always be grateful for his service to us. :thumbsup:

Fulton was a superb football player. What a ****** Billy McNeill was though to compare him to one of the footballing greats. Totally never needed that pressure.

Try living with German pommes and bratwurst - have to have at least two of these when I get home

Great chippy in Dumbarton, (Silverton) with two good sized Haddock per supper. They call an ordinary one fish supper - a Min Fish Supper.

Mind you, I could live off Currywurst and Frites!!!

it used to be funny to see him fit as **** on the first day of the season but be fat and sluggish come the endo october, ******* crackingn player, and the dick that used to gie him it stinking bottom tier of the wheatfield can suck a whole bunch o welts.

pommes and currywurst. :thumbsup:

Fulton was a superb football player. What a ****** Billy McNeill was though to compare him to one of the footballing greats. Totally never needed that pressure.

Billy McNeil said, 'If Baggio is worth this much, how much will Fulton be worth in a few years?' '

Fulton..... "He wasn't exactly comparing like with like but his comments were exaggerated. They never bothered me, even when fans came up to me in the streets and told me I couldn't lace Baggio's boots."

'At the start it was a p*** take but now it has become a term of affection and even Killie and Hearts fans have given me the nickname.

'It has never affected me in the least. To be honest, I get more offended when people come up to me and say I don't look as fat as I do on the telly.

'That happens quite regularly and they expect me to take it as a compliment.'

Reminds me of a true story,

In JJ's last few months at Tynecastle season 2000/2001 he introduced a nutricionist/ chef to provide "after training" meals each Friday for the 1st team squad players in the Willie Bauld Suite.

Meals were mostly pasta, lots of veg, grilled fish and chicken if I recall and attendance was mandatery. My lasting memory every Friday is of Stevie Fulton and Gary Locke regularly sneaking outside to catch one of the youth team apprentices (always getting him to swear that they had not spoken) and dispatching him off to the nearest chippy for 2 Fish Suppers.

Fulton was a good player who became a great player due to playing in a great team. Football is a team game and Fulton brought things to the team that no-one else could. By the same token, others took up the slack for the parts that Fulton couldnt deliver on.

Will go down in history as a Hearts leagend - cup winning captain - and I for one will always be grateful for his service to us. :thumbsup:

Also he claims he will be the only player EVER to be booked for being Ugly (being booked after receiving chants from Hibs fans and blowing them a kiss)

Cup winning captain, qualifies for the title "legend" without a doubt.

Always a joy to watch, a fantastic signing by JJ.

Archived