Scottish cup game

nicecream

Anyone agree with closing the wheatfield for the Scottish cup game?

Anyone not going because they can't get their own seat?

What do you think about paying full price for this game rather than reduced price hearts wanted the fans to pay?

Hearts are wrong the stand should be open. My seat is in the old stand and I have a ticket.

The only people who benefit from this are the St. Johnstone players but another PR disaster from Hearts.

Do Hearts want to win the cup or not. They should have as many Hearts fans as poss.

portobellojambo1

I agree with FORTHCLYDE. My opinion has always been the Wheatfield should have been open. But I will be at the game, I'm sitting somewhere in the Gorgie Stand on this occasion, cannot remember exactly where, my ticket is in a drawer somewhere.

I think Hearts should have found a different way to punish St. Johnstone.

I'm not sure exactly what allocation we are obliged to give their fans, but I would have been tempted to give them the absolute minimum permitted by the rules.

It looks like they have been given the entire Roseburn stand, and I would be asking them for the money up front for all the tickets in it, or only giving them one section.

I'm a platinum season ticket holder in the Wheatfield, and would have preferred my own seat. I do fear that having that entire stand empty will encourage their players, whereas it could be used to have our fans getting on top of them.

I know that Hearts were going to open the Wheatfield if the rest of the sections sold out, but with two weeks to go, it seems unlikely to happen.

I think Hearts should have found a different way to punish St. Johnstone.

I'm not sure exactly what allocation we are obliged to give their fans, but I would have been tempted to give them the absolute minimum permitted by the rules.

It looks like they have been given the entire Roseburn stand, and I would be asking them for the money up front for all the tickets in it, or only giving them one section.

I'm a platinum season ticket holder in the Wheatfield, and would have preferred my own seat. I do fear that having that entire stand empty will encourage their players, whereas it could be used to have our fans getting on top of them.

I know that Hearts were going to open the Wheatfield if the rest of the sections sold out, but with two weeks to go, it seems unlikely to happen.

if the cant fill the main and the gorgie what is the point?

if the cant fill the main and the gorgie what is the point?

The point is that The Wheatfield is our main stand, with the best facilities, and best atmosphere.

A full Wheatfield stand can really get on top of our opposition to give us an edge.

There is no way that St. Johnstone should be getting the entire Roseburn stand. That is still better than the old stand in terms of facilities and they can't even get that many fans for their home games.

There is no way that St. Johnstone should be getting the entire Roseburn stand.

But they aren't getting it all. I agree with you regrading the Wheatfield buy u wanna make sure your dealing with facts before ranting away surely? Took me all of 30 seconds to find this: http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101202/pricing-arrangements-for-st-johnstone-statement_2241384_2235685

But they aren't getting it all. I agree with you regrading the Wheatfield buy u wanna make sure your dealing with facts before ranting away surely? Took me all of 30 seconds to find this: http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101202/pricing-arrangements-for-st-johnstone-statement_2241384_2235685

He's not that far off the mark though it seems there is only one section of the Roseburn stand available to Hearts fans.

Hearts are displaying a WEE TEAM mentality over this situation IMO. The best way to get back at ST Johnstone would be to hump them out of the cup at Tynecastle in front of as many fans as possible.

He's not that far off the mark though it seems there is only one section of the Roseburn stand available to Hearts fans.

Hearts are displaying a WEE TEAM mentality over this situation IMO. The best way to get back at ST Johnstone would be to hump them out of the cup at Tynecastle in front of as many fans as possible.

It seems Hearts have made the right decision with the number of tickets sold so far.

It seems Hearts have made the right decision with the number of tickets sold so far.

How many tickets have been sold so far ?

There is still a fortnight to go until the match.

Most folk will be holding off due to the expense of the festive period. Sales will pick up next week IMO

Are Hearts fans really bothered about the Scottish Cup ?

I don't know about anyone else but I would have bought one straight away if the Wheatfield had been open. I'm definitely going to go but I'm waiting to see what happens with the seating situation first.

It would have cost me ?26 for my own seat in the Wheatfield, It's cost me ?22 for a seat in the Gorgie stand. Not that much difference so what was the point of closing the Wheatfield?

I still maintain we should have given them the Wheatfield but made sure they paid for all the seats up front. Let them pay for the expensive seats, whether they sold out or not!

Templeton'sUnderpants

It would have cost me ?26 for my own seat in the Wheatfield, It's cost me ?22 for a seat in the Gorgie stand. Not that much difference so what was the point of closing the Wheatfield?

The point was the expense of having the Wheatfield open in terms of catering staff, stewarding etc. Hearts clearly did not want to incur these costs when we are unlikely to sell enough tickets to make it worthwhile. This view has been shown to be correct judging by the number of tickets sold so far.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Anyone not going because they can't get their own seat?

What a mental reason for not going to a game!

The point was the expense of having the Wheatfield open in terms of catering staff, stewarding etc. Hearts clearly did not want to incur these costs when we are unlikely to sell enough tickets to make it worthwhile. This view has been shown to be correct judging by the number of tickets sold so far.

Can I ask once again how many tickets sold so far ?

A fortnight until the game far to early to make judgements.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

How many tickets have been sold so far ?

There is still a fortnight to go until the match.

Most folk will be holding off due to the expense of the festive period. Sales will pick up next week IMO

Are Hearts fans really bothered about the Scottish Cup ?

I think it's safe to say that yes, we are. What, do you think we shouldn't care about it since we win it so often?!

Templeton'sUnderpants

Can I ask once again how many tickets sold so far ?

A fortnight until the game far to early to make judgements.

For the most part I agree with you. Should all other sections sell out I believe they will open the Wheatfield regardless of the situation with St johnstone. This would have to work of course with the option for ST holders in the Wheatfield to transfer to their normal seat before a general sale of the tickets.

I think it's safe to say that yes, we are. What, do you think we shouldn't care about it since we win it so often?!

Those of us(myself included) who have bought tickets for the St J game obviously want us to win the cup .It would seem others would rather keep their enthuisism until the semi final /final.The Scottish Cup is in danger of being downgraded in importance as per League Cup IMO

Teuchterjambo

Those of us(myself included) who have bought tickets for the St J game obviously want us to win the cup .It would seem others would rather keep their enthuisism until the semi final /final.The Scottish Cup is in danger of being downgraded in importance as per League Cup IMO

Agree with your comment but the club's decision to close Wheatfield is a major contributory factor to this downgrading - it is a serious mistake on the club's part and I hope it doesn't backfire big style, These players are going to run out facing an empty stand and no matter how well prepared and motivated they may be it is bound to have an effect.

They weren't when I bought my ticket or I would have gone there. I ended up getting a main stand ticket because it was the closest in terms of view to my own seat.

Get off your high horse in terms of expecting everyone to do repeated web searches before posting. It isn't reasonable to expect people to check websites before posting, and it might be helpful for Hearts to send email updates when new stands are open.

The whole organisation of this match is a shambles.

They weren't when I bought my ticket or I would have gone there. I ended up getting a main stand ticket because it was the closest in terms of view to my own seat.

Get off your high horse in terms of expecting everyone to do repeated web searches before posting. It isn't reasonable to expect people to check websites before posting, and it might be helpful for Hearts to send email updates when new stands are open.

The whole organisation of this match is a shambles.

the information linked by salvatori5 is from dec 2nd, 5 days before tickets went on sale.

:whistling:

Archived