Jonathon Woodgate

Eckauskas

back-up to bouzid?

ex engerland international back up to algerian reserve defender?

what is woodgate?31/32?

he wouldnt silly himself coming to hearts

relegation candidates like wolves or wigan methinks if spurs continue to pay his wage

I'd take him on as back up to Bouzid.

I'm kind of in the same thinking as yourself, Eck.

My only thing would be though if we sell Bouzid in Jan - am I right on thinking that he is out of contract in the summer?

Could be a shrewd move by Hearts.

he wouldnt silly himself coming to hearts

Hibs-esque post there.

Any player would be proud to pull on that maroon jersey.

I'm kind of in the same thinking as yourself, Eck.

My only thing would be though if we sell Bouzid in Jan - am I right on thinking that he is out of contract in the summer?

Could be a shrewd move by Hearts.

We'd easily pull in a 7 figure sum for big Bouzid.

Bring in Woodgate to help cover the loss.

Job's a good 'un :thumbsup:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

We'd probably have to get rid of our entire playing squad just to afford him and a he's cripple, so a complete waste of money.

Hibs-esque post there.

Any player would be proud to pull on that maroon jersey.

any hearts supporting player would be proud, you cant tell me critiano ronaldo could be arsed coming to hearts unless guarenteed trophies and more importantly 250k a week.

Get a grip of yourself telling me any player would be proud to play for hearts. Unless they support hearts, the money has to be right!

No. Too dear, too bad. Championship obscurity ahead for him I think.

One of the most naturally talented defenders in todays game, his career has however been ruined by injuries! Can see him back at Newcastle if they punt Steven Taylor!

any hearts supporting player would be proud, you cant tell me critiano ronaldo could be arsed coming to hearts unless guarenteed trophies and more importantly 250k a week.

Get a grip of yourself telling me any player would be proud to play for hearts. Unless they support hearts, the money has to be right!

Wind yer neck in hen :laugh:

There's a difference between saying a player would be too expensive for us and saying "he wouldnt silly himself coming to hearts".

What's silly about playing for Hearts then? :rolleyes:

Jonathan Woodgate is an outatanding centre half although somewhat injury prone.

You don't play for Real Madrid for nothing, even though he had a horrible time with injuries and didn't feature much. He was still rated there as far as i remember.

Part of that Leeds United team that i loved as well.

Would take JW in a heartbeat.

Jonathan Woodgate is an outatanding centre half although somewhat injury prone.

You don't play for Real Madrid for nothing, even though he had a horrible time with injuries and didn't feature much. He was still rated there as far as i remember.

Part of that Leeds United team that i loved as well.

Would take JW in a heartbeat.

You could argue he had the most eventful debut ever.

Waits a year to finally play, scores, scores and O.G then gets sent off :laugh:

You could argue he had the most eventful debut ever.

Waits a year to finally play, scores, scores and O.G then gets sent off :laugh:

Right enough.

I had totally forgotten about that Eck.

Good knowledge.

Wind yer neck in hen :laugh:

There's a difference between saying a player would be too expensive for us and saying "he wouldnt silly himself coming to hearts".

What's silly about playing for Hearts then? :rolleyes:

he wouldn't come to us, we are not a big enough club for him and doubt he would go to either celtic or rangers never mind us.

Also you opening post, spurs or harry redknapp want him to get matches so he can become fully fit. Do you not think they would get assurances from whoever is loaning him that he is a first choice and not back-up to a bombscare such as bouzid :teehee:

he wouldn't come to us, we are not a big enough club for him and doubt he would go to either celtic or rangers never mind us.

Also you opening post, spurs or harry redknapp want him to get matches so he can become fully fit. Do you not think they would get assurances from whoever is loaning him that he is a first choice and not back-up to a bombscare such as bouzid :teehee:

That's not really answering my question, though.

What's silly about playing for Hearts?

That's not really answering my question, though.

What's silly about playing for Hearts?

nothing silly about playing for hearts but we are a bit beneath him arent we? Who have we ever had on loan who has played at the top level.

Most people in england are the same, only know about rangers and celtic. There is absolutely no chance woodgate would come to us, i'd love it if he did as he is a quality player but never gonna happen. EVER

nothing silly about playing for hearts but we are a bit beneath him arent we?

No.

Who have we ever had on loan who has played at the top level.

Ricardo Fuller.

Ricardo Fuller.

oh yes, top level EPL player who plays for stoke as opposed to woodgate, leeds top 4 team in epl (at the time) semi final of the champs league and played from real madrid....... very similar level....................

i'll bet you any money you like woodgate will not be coming here and especially not as backup to bouzid for crying out loud.

too big a player for us so take your maroon tinted specs off and stop this pi$h

oh yes, top level EPL player who plays for stoke as opposed to woodgate, leeds top 4 team in epl (at the time) semi final of the champs league and played from real madrid....... very similar level....................

i'll bet you any money you like woodgate will not be coming here and especially not as backup to bouzid for crying out loud.

too big a player for us so take your maroon tinted specs off and stop this pi$h

hook-line-sinker.gif

:laugh:

Rudolf's Mate

Was thinking the same thing when I heard je was going out on loan.

As for those saying we couldn't afford him. Spurs want him to play games amd I don't think it's a case of wanting to save money on his wages. I'd take a gamble on him. He is sheer class when fit!

I have the feeling you might need to put it in writing!

:woot:

Wait for my thread next week, with a full length tirade at Vlad for not throwing his hat into the Carlos Tevez affair :thumbsup:

Ha i was about to post an official early start to silly season before reading through and realising a few pinches of salt.

For what its worth, i always thought Woodgate was a far better defender than Ferdinand and Terry. He could tackle, header and pass. A great player. Only 30 too. I also reckon he might go back to Newcastle.Wigan could do with a good centre half mind. If someone could get 20 games out of his a season again, would be a bargain for the likes of Liverpool.

If he is finally clear of injury then would make a great signing for most mid-lower Prem sides, esp on loan

Hearts? Obviously a few ppl overdid it with the bevvy this Christmas!

alwaysthereinspirit

No English premier league team worth their salt would send any decent player up to our $#!tty league unless to one of the OF. Absolutely no protection from our refs for skilled players and not the place to send a player coming back from injury.

You could count the number of good loaned players who have headed North on one hand. This with some top English team managers being from Scotland.

Say What Again

A fit Woodagate wolyd absolutely piss the Spl.He will probably sign for Rangers when he is 40

Fixed that for you :thumbsup:

winston churchill

Hibs-esque post there.

We'd easily pull in a 7 figure sum for big Bouzid.

Job's a good 'un :thumbsup:

that's cheered up my christmas :lol:

Captain_Peacock

One of the most naturally talented defenders in todays game.

Watched him a ton of times, when fit he was a better CB than both Lucas Radebe & Rio IMO.

Archived