New Stand and target date..

Clerry Jambo

Hopefully that will be the date we find out, it's not Hearts we're relying upon here.

If the planning application was accepted then, it would give us 2-3 months to decide where we were playing. One good point at least.

davemclaren
Hopefully that will be the date we find out, it's not Hearts we're relying upon here.

If the planning application was accepted then, it would give us 2-3 months to decide where we were playing. One good point at least.

We're playing at Tynecastle next season. :)

Carl Spackler

Does anyone know if the council are attempting to get any form of planning gain from the development? There was rumors they wanted cash towards the trams (given that was commmitted before the new stand/hotel application I don't see how they could justify that but you never know).

Anyway, if there is some sort of planning gain then that target planning decision date might not be the critical date. Quite often the decision is made pending the resolution of the legal agreement between the council and the applicant and that can take some time after the decision on approval is made.

Even if they did get the approval on the target date there's loads of other approvals other than planning to deal with. Planning consent only triggers these.

They want at least a summer to minimise the amount of time we are away from Tynecastle so construction start this year simply isn't going to happen.

I know there is stuff being looked at in my work by the review team now. I can't really find out much about it as i'm just a lowly temp, but there was a big box of stuff to do with the stand that arrived last week.

I work for the architect and design office of the government. Doesn't really hold any power I don't think, but just gives advice and such.

Ryan Gosling
New stand will not be ready until approx Dec 2010.

Is that not what the official site says too?

Clerry Jambo
New stand will not be ready until approx Dec 2010.

Cheers PTBCAL, i know your word is your Bond!!;)

Is that not what the official site says too?

None idea tbh. Never really looked.

Work to begin in May 09 and will take approx 18 months.

Chap who keeps me informed has been 100% on the button since day one.

IMHO the only way it will not get built is if VR pulls the plug.

Clerry Jambo
No pressure then.

:cool:

Is Dec 2010 the completion date for the whole complex or just the new stand:beer:

Archived