Has anyone on the board...

Boomstick

Just wondering if anyone who posts had a game, whether it was at junior levels or otherwise?

Must be a great feeling playing for the team you love.

Trained and played for Hearts for a year when I was a lad. Can't remember what age group it was. Under 13's I think. Still remember it well though, brilliant playing in a couple of games in the Hearts strips and we got to use the home dressing room baths and steam room etc. to get changed after training. Gary Naysmith and Alex Notman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Notman) were the only two players to make it right through from our team. I remember playing in a game when Notman scored about 7 goals. Really throught he was going to make it big.

Never played for Hearts but captained and managed a team against the Hearts Legends a few weeks ago and that was good enough for me.

The buzz of playing against some of my heroes was something else.

God knows what it would be like to pull on the maroon jersey ! The best feeling ever ????? well apart from the obvious getting married and having kids

Diadora Van Basten

When I was younger their were rumours that Hibs were interested in signing me. This was very worrying as whilst they had a good youth set up at the time the thought of putting on a Hibs strip filled me with horror.

Scored for North Merchiston under 18's v a Hibs youth side (think John Martin's son was playing for Hibs). I remember Alex Miller was there (Don't think he was involved with Hibs anymore at the time though) and he said to me "Good finish, son" as I walked to the changing rooms after the game.

TRUE STORY

Have always had a lot of respect for Alex Miller - a true football man.

turned.gif

I played for Hearts many times. :thumbsup:

In my imagination up the park with my full strip on.

They'd never had anything to do with me because I'm basically rubbish with no pace. :lol:

I was the mascot once. Passed the ball with Gary Mackay, Neil Pointon and Pasquale Bruno. Does that count? :santa1:

Snake Plissken

I was the mascot once. Passed the ball with Gary Mackay, Neil Pointon and Pasquale Bruno. Does that count? :santa1:

No. No it doesn't.

The height of my youth career was two seasons in a youth league organised by Elgin City. Played for the Royals and won the League and cup in my first season and the cup again in my second. I've played twice on the hallowed turf of Borough Briggs.

I was a defender back then, my pace and strength made up for my complete lack of technical ability. I was a white Goncalves, except when I got older my physical advantages weren't quite as pronounced.

Playing as a goalkeeper for Real Maroon is as close as I'll come.

Trained and played for Hearts for a year when I was a lad. Can't remember what age group it was. Under 13's I think. Still remember it well though, brilliant playing in a couple of games in the Hearts strips and we got to use the home dressing room baths and steam room etc. to get changed after training. Gary Naysmith and Alex Notman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Notman) were the only two players to make it right through from our team. I remember playing in a game when Notman scored about 7 goals. Really throught he was going to make it big.

Fantastic in champ man! :thumbsup:

Closest I got was playing against Mackay and Crabby in a Charity event at Saughton - you just don't realise the gulf between these guys and us amateurs :smiliz23:

Scored for North Merchiston under 18's v a Hibs youth side (think John Martin's son was playing for Hibs). I remember Alex Miller was there (Don't think he was involved with Hibs anymore at the time though) and he said to me "Good finish, son" as I walked to the changing rooms after the game.

TRUE STORY

turned.gif

I hated him as a laddie. Still do to this day. Have to admit he must have had something about him to stay at Liverpool under successive managers for as long as he did though.

The closest i ever got to playing for Hearts was the Junior Club penalty kick competition at Tynecastle. And i was a mascot v Motherwell in '87 and a ball boy '92 - '95.

AlphonseCapone

Never played for Hearts but captained and managed a team against the Hearts Legends a few weeks ago and that was good enough for me.

The buzz of playing against some of my heroes was something else.

God knows what it would be like to pull on the maroon jersey ! The best feeling ever ????? well apart from the obvious getting married and having kids

Lol, good one :whistling:

In a TV programme for the BBC I did in 1999 called Feeling Good, at the end they done a dream sequence where the Hearts fans were jumping around and Rob McLean dubbed in the words "And Eggo scores the winner for Hearts in the Cup Final to complete his Hat-Trick" :thumbsup:

Thats as near as ive ever got :)

In a TV programme for the BBC I did in 1999 called Feeling Good, at the end they done a dream sequence where the Hearts fans were jumping around and Rob McLean dubbed in the words "And Eggo scores the winner for Hearts in the Cup Final to complete his Hat-Trick" :thumbsup:

Thats as near as ive ever got :)

Mad Dog Frazer

had training stints with hearts and dundee utd as a kid

played for tynecastle boys for a few years

played against eammon bannon and gary mackay at junior levels

In my dreams i have

played for hearts in scottish cup final in 1990, 1995, 1996, 1999 2002 and this year when we beat hibs 1-0 me scoring the winner in injury time when i picked up the ball in our half beat 8 hibs players rounded the keeper flicked the ball into the air and over head kicked it into the back of the net

I've scored against Motherwell, Falkirk and the might of Cowdenbeath. Tam Smith (the diddy who scored 2 og's at Tynecastle) was coach and Mixu was watching on as Cowdenbeath manager. As a then left back scoring a raker I thought I was in the money but Mixu's son got injured on another pitch so he f****ed off. Stretcher, ambulance job. sweat.gif

If only he took a chance, it could of been me and Eremenko lining up against Hearts on Boxing day.

Played EOS for a couple of teams but never against JamboRobbo. :(

Have now hung up the boots. Not played fives for months either. Miss football. unsure.gif

Victor Meldrew

I was a mascot. I also have vague recollections of a penalty competition at Tynecastle years and years ago.

I've also scored a penalty against Robbo at a birthday party.

TRUE STORY

turned.gif

Does scoring straight from a corner against the Hibs fans team at Tynecastle count??? I'm aware of two guys that have done that ;)

You're right about Young John as well. He's a mate of mine and he scored a barrowload for Hibs reserves but just didn't have what it takes "upstairs" to step up. Last seen playing against my Saturday churches league team for Morningside, although in between he did a decent job at a few lower league sides and juniors.

Miller Jambo 60

Just wondering if anyone who posts had a game, whether it was at junior levels or otherwise?

Played sat and sun for years , probs good enough but fitness level was poorwhistling.gif

Miller Jambo 60

Closest I got was playing against Mackay and Crabby in a Charity event at Saughton - you just don't realise the gulf between these guys and us amateurs :smiliz23:

Went out wi Stu Porters sister, Stu was a reserve for Hearts.

Stu played for Corrie thistle my Sunday team one weekend, and it was majic to watch.

The gulf between him and us was like night and daythumbsup.gif

Aye my last game at Tynecastle in a Hearts strip ended with me scoring a hatrick with Jimmy Sandison laying on my third.

2007/8 season I think. Youth Development Charity game.

The goals are on the Hearts website somewhere if you look hard enough :blink:

I totally misunderstood the thread when i read your heading and was gonna say Bobby Parker :thumbsup:

loveofthegame

Played for dunfermline at 14s and 15s then alloa at 16s. Never got further than that due to combination of serious knee injury and discovering birds/bevvy. Played against hearts regularly, usually on the losing side! Played against clum, Lee Wallace and Kevin smith(now of raith formally of Blackburn).

Grandad played in the league cup side of 1954-55 though and my old man spent 2 years training with the club before being farmed out and quitting.

Tbh if I'm not playing for the jts I'd rather be watching them so my playing "career" is all but at an end. Did play at Tynie once on the losing side in a schools cup final, and played on hampden in a charity match 1 week to the day after we beat Gretna!

Scored for my 21"s team v the vermin u18"s to put us 4-3 up with 5mins to go (Dunbar road end) at the San giro was feckin over the moon but kevin harper equalised with the last kick to steal my glory!

This was only a few months before the foster cup tie.

Alba Dornadair

I have played alongside Quitongo, Sandison, Crabbe & Dave McPherson twice now in charity matches at Tynecastle. Home team both times so got to use the dressing rooms and got a half time team talk from Sandison which was cool.

Scored in the first match lobbing the keeper from the edge of the 18 yard box and in the second game from the penalty spot. Got to say I celebrated both like I had just scored the winner against the hobo's in a cup final :thumbsup:

There was an evacuation drill at Tynie one day and we all had to exit from the front of the main stand, by walking along the side of the pitch and out the corner at the Wheatfield / gorgie.

I sneaked over the pitch at the corner flag as we left...............that was my 'day in the sun' I'm afraid :(

Played with quite a few Hearts players at a training day. Antti Niemi, Craig Gordon, Ricardo Fuller, Andy Kirk etc..

Without doubt the highlight has to be being set-up for a one yard open-goaled chance by Fulton and I completely fluffed it. I reckon I'm more useful in the stands.

the closest i came was scoring a long-range piledriver Against Hibs a few years ago when i was a Dunfermline.

What was the final score?

Miller Jambo 60

I played for Hearts many times. :thumbsup:

In my imagination up the park with my full strip on.

They'd never had anything to do with me because I'm basically rubbish with no pace. :lol:

I to have dreamt of playing and scoring the winnerwhistling.gif

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Does scoring straight from a corner against the Hibs fans team at Tynecastle count??? I'm aware of two guys that have done that ;)

You're right about Young John as well. He's a mate of mine and he scored a barrowload for Hibs reserves but just didn't have what it takes "upstairs" to step up. Last seen playing against my Saturday churches league team for Morningside, although in between he did a decent job at a few lower league sides and juniors.

He was a great player at school level aswell, We had 3 top players, John Martin, Robert Baillie who was at Hearts at some point and Ross Carnegie, The teams we had with those 3 playing hardly ever lost.

Had a couple of scouts from Hearts watch our school team.

Asked for 3 of us to go up, but I buggered my knee playing before we were due to go.

They signed one of the three of us, he's now playing for St Johnstone.

As close as I got.

J Cheever Loophole

Aye my last game at Tynecastle in a Hearts strip ended with me scoring a hatrick with Jimmy Sandison laying on my third.

I Played at tynie in a youth development charity game for my 48th birthday,my first game for 17yrs.

my wife and mother said "i hope he can last the 90 mins" and my father replied "it disnae look like he,s gonnae last the warm up".I learned more from Gary McKay and Brian McNaughton in the 90 mins than I did years of playing, the second best day of my life.

J Cheever Loophole

Just checked the web site and found this.That's ma wee brother puttin' in a challange.

Played a few games for the "A" team as they were known back then and a reserve, in 1970-71'ish. All started when I played for Edinburgh Schools U15's v Liverpool Schools at Tynecastle. Mr. Harvey invited me to train on Tuesday and Thursday evening's.

Duncan McLeod the physio and assistant trainer gave me a chance in a few games at Redford Barracks.

Along came a certain Bobby Seith. End of!!!!!! :verymad:

I singlehandedly steered Hearts to a fantastic 4-2 Scottish Cup win over the hobos. I played every position (including keeper), scored every goal and made every save. I also sustained a rather nasty shin injury but being a trooper, I medicated with another drink and got on with the job in hand.

I love Kinect. :)

Archived