The year is 2020.

trago13

Guess what happens next............

Well rantic are still competing the SPL title between themselves. Hey but who cares, as long as we can claim to be third best in the p I s s pot league we play in, we can hold our heads up high.

What else is going on.............

Rantic are getting 100% of tv money, it was felt by the powers that be we should give all tv money to them as it is them after all that run Scottish football. However the good news is we get to keep our gate money.

Crowds have dropped to 5000 mind, cause who in their right mind wants to watch the procession that is Scottish football and pay through the nose for it.

Rantic are again leaving us in the s h I t e and moving to the EPL. It is feared if this happens Scottish football will die!!!!

Proposals are in place for a 10 or a 12 or a 14 or a 16 or a 18 team league. We are just waiting on the go a head from rantic to see what's best for Scottish football!!!!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, to think some posters on here have a go at hearts or who ever proposed the title playoff and claim it is nuts.

Think out the box for once in your life. Football has been played for 150 or so. I'm not 100% sure but I think things have changed a bit.

I cannot believe people are actually saying, if and when we win the league I don't want to win it by playoffs. Well shut the **** up and always accept third place as winning the league. In fact why don't all the fans from other clubs buy a third place trophy.

Scottish football is dead now. Think of it like we are now in A&E and we need a blood transfusion to save our lives. I believe it is that serious.

If the old firm don't like it, then for my money it means there is something in it for us.

Scottish football really does need to unit together against this pair. And I don't mean the clubs I mean the fans.

Anyway merry Christmas everyone

Guest Bilel Mohsni

While you are right of course...

I now feel cold, miserable and a little dead inside.

:(

On a positive note however we are having a really good season so far. :)

Radioactive Mince

I

While you are right of course...

I now feel cold, miserable and a little dead inside.

:(

On a positive note however we are having a really good season so far. :)

I don't think he's right at all. Don't back a top four playoff and we're having a go at our club? Jeezo.

He may be right that we'll see the same old league reconstruction and OF to England arguments, IF our game's decision-makers don't implement the correct strategies NOW.

I'm really hoping HMFC are reducing to the ridiculous here in an attempt to flush out the infirm's motives for all to see, and possibly create a scenario whereby a precedent has been set in terms of the rest of the clubs voting unanimously against the OF.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

JTF,

No, I don't want the play off either... I was meaning the stuff about the OF having all the say about our league structure while devaluing the product by slating it as they attempt to leave for the EPL.

Most leagues in Europe bar Scotland are having top of the table play offs.

Rantic still win by miles.

And we will still have people on here whinging about the OF, but continuing to play in to their hands on some moral based issue of winning the league on merit.

Most leagues in Europe bar Scotland are having top of the table play offs.

Rantic still win by miles.

And we will still have people on here whinging about the OF, but continuing to play in to their hands on some moral based issue of winning the league on merit.

Out of interest which leagues in Europe decide their winner on a playoff? Outside UK im not all that clued up on league structure.

The onus is on us to be better than Rangers and Celtic. Who wants to win a devalued 2 game cup competition?

The only devalued competition I want us to win is the European Cup/Champions League. :whistling:

Charlie-Brown

The onus is on us to be better than Rangers and Celtic. Who wants to win a devalued 2 game cup competition?

The only devalued competition I want us to win is the European Cup/Champions League. :whistling:

Play-off's are fundamentally not fair as they allow a lower placed team an opportunity to succeed over a higher placed team - however IF they are deemed acceptable for promotion and relegation and possibly even european places THEN why not also for the Championship Title? What is the difference? Critics seem to think they are okay for some rewards ie gaining or retaining a league place or european place but not to win the title? That is inconsistent and illogical thinking in my opinion.

IF you accept the notion of play-off's for some prize then why not also the League title? what's the difference?

Templeton'sUnderpants

What a load of horse crap. We don't want to have the whole season become pointless and the title rest on 3 or 4 games therefore we want everything left the same?

There are several options each with merits and downsides. As it goes with the current set up we actually look in a position to challenge so I would question whether change is even required.

Charlie-Brown

What a load of horse crap. We don't want to have the whole season become pointless and the title rest on 3 or 4 games therefore we want everything left the same?

There are several options each with merits and downsides. As it goes with the current set up we actually look in a position to challenge so I would question whether change is even required.

Every MLB Baseball team plays 160+ matches per year to earn the right to play-off places for the World Series Title. Given baseball is currently enjoying bumper attandance levels despite fairly blanket tv and media coverage it wouldn't seem that the fans consider the ordinary season games to be devalued or pointless. Why couldn't this work in football?

Seymour M Hersh

Play-off's are fundamentally not fair as they allow a lower placed team an opportunity to succeed over a higher placed team - however IF they are deemed acceptable for promotion and relegation and possibly even european places THEN why not also for the Championship Title? What is the difference? Critics seem to think they are okay for some rewards ie gaining or retaining a league place or european place but not to win the title? That is inconsistent and illogical thinking in my opinion.

IF you accept the notion of play-off's for some prize then why not also the League title? what's the difference?

Or are they tremendously fair as they allow clubs with massively smaller budgets to compete until the very end of the season?

Every MLB Baseball team plays 160+ matches per year to earn the right to play-off places for the World Series Title. Given baseball is currently enjoying bumper attandance levels despite fairly blanket tv and media coverage it wouldn't seem that the fans consider the ordinary season games to be devalued or pointless. Why couldn't this work in football?

I'm not sure how this works, so could you inform me more?

Do baseball teams not play in conferences, eastern, western etc. for the right to qualify for the final tournament?

That's different from playing 30 odd games and then playing the same teams to win a title. Or am I confusing baseball with basketball?!

Craig Herbertson

I always thought a league was about proving you were the best team by beating more teams than anyone else over the year and the proof was that got the most points. A cup was about that exciting one-off thing where everyone has a chance to win on a good day. A play off always seems like a non descript halfway house. Although the games might be exciting in some sort of fevered way it just defeats the point of having a league.

Francis Albert

I'm not sure how this works, so could you inform me more?

Do baseball teams not play in conferences, eastern, western etc. for the right to qualify for the final tournament?

That's different from playing 30 odd games and then playing the same teams to win a title. Or am I confusing baseball with basketball?!

Six division champions qualify for post-season play-offs but so too do two "best of the rest". So the principle that the ultimate winners of the World Series might not have finished top of their league during a 162 game season is embedded in the system.

And of course American Football lets the weakest/least successful teams have first pick of college players.

But these sorts of wildly unfair or communist ideas are not even worthy of consideration over here.

I don't like play-offs whether for relegation, promotion or championships but this idea that they are a crazy off the wall suggestion (only when potentially applied to the OF) is nonsense.

:laugh:

What a pile of pish.

Listen to mystic meg here :laugh:

Mystic Meg.There's an irony in calling yourself mystic when you claim to see the future etc.

No very feckin mystic is it,Meg?

To the OP....cheer up!:thumbsup:

JamboAberdeen

Six division champions qualify for post-season play-offs but so too do two "best of the rest". So the principle that the ultimate winners of the World Series might not have finished top of their league during a 162 game season is embedded in the system.

And of course American Football lets the weakest/least successful teams have first pick of college players.

But these sorts of wildly unfair or communist ideas are not even worthy of consideration over here.

I don't like play-offs whether for relegation, promotion or championships but this idea that they are a crazy off the wall suggestion (only when potentially applied to the OF) is nonsense.

They also have two tax, one is 'luxury tax' which league put on any clubs spending more than certain amount on wage.

Another one is to tax on every club income and distribute to poorer clubs.

They are trying to keep competition healthy and more entertaining, the idea missing in football.

How would we all feel if our beloved Hearts finished top of the league but went into a play off with say Rankgers, Ceptic, and Dundee Hibernians and ended up losing in the play off final ??? Not good at all !! Gutted to say the least !!

I would personally rather win the league by finishing top and being the best team over the season.

Saying that it is quite funny watching the old firm fans getting seriously wound up about the whole thing.

Lets just do what we're doing and win the league outright, then there's no arguments that we are the best team !!

Archived