Fascination with ex players

Robbo27_22

Bruno, Larry, Karipidis and others have all been mentioned recently.

Some decent players but why them over what we already have at the club? We're in the best situation since October 2005 and are there because of the current squad/management.

Personally, I'd rather we went out and found the next Templeton than look for the next batch of guys who put us further into debt and gave us relatively little in return.

Complete agreeance Robbo.

Unless Jefferies seeks them out himself and decides to sign him, I do not think there is any point in fans salivating over ex players.

The reasons people are talking about ex-players so much at the moment are: 1) Two old players and an old manger are back at the club doing extremely well. 2) There has been a believable link between someone who was for a time our best player who has not moved on as successfully as he would like and might come back for the same/less money than he was on before. 3) People like speculating about transfers. People know more about players who have played for Hearts than players that have not. Therefore, more people can actively participate in a debate about returning players than can in a debate on the next undiscovered superstar (if people know about them then they are not undiscovered). 4) Kari and Bruno would near enough complete our squad and therefore seem like logical targets for discussion.

Teuchterjambo

Bruno, Larry, Karipidis and others have all been mentioned recently.

Some decent players but why them over what we already have at the club? We're in the best situation since October 2005 and are there because of the current squad/management.

Personally, I'd rather we went out and found the next Templeton than look for the next batch of guys who put us further into debt and gave us relatively little in return.

Spot on Robbo27 We are at last moving forward and it seems that all some people on here can do is look in the rear view mirror.

Bruno - Talented but injury prone, good season in a poorer team than we have right now.

Karipidis - Again one reasonable season in a workmanlike team.

Kingston - That pathetic excuse for a man should never be allowed near Tynecastle ever again let alone be considered for a return as a player - cannot believe that any fan of the Hearts could reasonably suggest that anyone who could inflict so much damage on our club could ever tread the Tynecastle turf again.

Putting all of the above to one side not one of these three would be guaranteed a game in the present set up.

Let's look forward rather than backwarsd - Rudi is the exception.

Spot on Robbo27 We are at last moving forward and it seems that all some people on here can do is look in the rear view mirror.

Bruno - Talented but injury prone, good season in a poorer team than we have right now.

Karipidis - Again one reasonable season in a workmanlike team.

Kingston - That pathetic excuse for a man should never be allowed near Tynecastle ever again let alone be considered for a return as a player - cannot believe that any fan of the Hearts could reasonably suggest that anyone who could inflict so much damage on our club could ever tread the Tynecastle turf again.

Putting all of the above to one side not one of these three would be guaranteed a game in the present set up.

Let's look forward rather than backwarsd - Rudi is the exception.

Rudi - Too old. Done nothing since he left Hearts. Only ever played half a good season. Couldn't wait to get away last time.

Adrian - Vlad signing. Never showed us much the first time. No better than we already have.

JJ- Yesterdays man. Found his level at Kilmarnock. Doesn't know anything about tactics or substitutions.

Aye. Right. Never go back.

Bruno injury prone? When Brellier tried to kick his leg clean aff?

Kari was also one of our best players when he was at the club and would be at least on a par with Zaliukas should he come back (which I doubt). He was called up to the Greece squad for a reason.

I think it's just an easy topic to discuss as the players all well known by the fans. We could do alot worse than bring Bruno back, I know Black and Mrowiec are flavour of the month at the moment but for me they don't have the creative spark required. We've got plenty of bite and graft but if we want to finish higher than 3rd we're going to have to find a bit of extra quality in the middle of the park.

Its easy. We like speculating about who might come to the club. Its excitingm the whole window is. We cant just pluck names out the air about who might come in and the only players we know tht might play for us are people who already have.

Also not that i necessarily want them back, to call Aguiar injury prone and karipidis average is quite an unfair judgement. Both Aguiar and Karipidis would replace Black IMO.

5 examples of players who returned and did well: robertson, mcpherson, bannon, Mrowiec and Skacel. Colquhoun and mccann not so good, but still ok.

Let's get Bruno back!

JamboAberdeen

Generally-speaking, those who had good time at Tyne are remembered well as much better player than actually he was.

Those who had torrid time at Tyne are always pelted badly, far worse than actually he deserves.

This is natural human mentality, so nobody can blame it.

Unless Jefferies seeks them out himself and decides to sign him, I do not think there is any point in fans salivating over ex players.

Skacel? Mrowiec? ... Jefferies?

John Robertson?

I would take Bruno and Karipidis back in a heart-beat, while Larry Kingston could do one.

I know it's been two long years but surely you can remember the job those two did for us in 2008/09?

I am staggered that Hearts fans would turn their noses up at these players.

Karipidis > Mrowiec

Aguiar > Black

These my friends are the facts.

Should these players become available at a reasonable price then I'd definitely be wanting them signed up.

Kingston on the other hand can get knotted.

Karipidis > Mrowiec

Aguiar > Black

These my friends are the facts.

Should these players become available at a reasonable price then I'd definitely be wanting them signed up.

Kingston on the other hand can get knotted.

Mrowiec doing the same job as Karipidis in a far more effective team. Bruno nothing like Black - Black doing far more of the dirty work than Bruno ever did. Different system too.

Skacel has worked out, no doubt about that. Robbo and the others mentioned also did. My biggest point was probably missed as I didn't put it over so well.

JJ has put together a great team with a small amount of signings. Some his own - Kyle and Kello, some the madmans - Mrowiec and Skacel. I'm assuming that all of those guys are more within the budget that what was spent on Bruno and Kari. Kari won't be back as his move was family orientated. Bruno realy disappointed me. Yes, Brellier did one on him but we more than stood by him. So when he got form why not sign a deal so that if anyone wanted him a fee would be involved. Instead, he ran down the clock and jumped ship to the highest bidder. Real lack of loyalty that was prominent in that period.

Either way, really don't think it's in our best interests to look at what might have been. Leave that to Hibs.

I'm looking forward to one or two of those JJ signings that have had us on the edge of our seats over the years.

Skacel? Mrowiec? ... Jefferies?

John Robertson?

I would take Bruno and Karipidis back in a heart-beat, while Larry Kingston could do one.

I know it's been two long years but surely you can remember the job those two did for us in 2008/09?

I am staggered that Hearts fans would turn their noses up at these players.

Whilst there are exceptions (Robertson and Skacel jumping to mind) I would suggest that we should let the manager choose if any former players are brought back.

Oh, and Aguiar was vastly overrated. A ten game wonder.

Teuchterjambo

Rudi - Too old. Done nothing since he left Hearts. Only ever played half a good season. Couldn't wait to get away last time.

Adrian - Vlad signing. Never showed us much the first time. No better than we already have.

JJ- Yesterdays man. Found his level at Kilmarnock. Doesn't know anything about tactics or substitutions.

Aye. Right. Never go back.

Bruno injury prone? When Brellier tried to kick his leg clean aff?

Kari was also one of our best players when he was at the club and would be at least on a par with Zaliukas should he come back (which I doubt). He was called up to the Greece squad for a reason.

Go and read my post again and reply with some kind of logic instead of an incoherent rant.

The OP suggested 3 players and I gave my opinion on each - just an opinion mind but you state your opinions as if they were fact.

I actually mentioned Rudi as an exception but that didn't stop you throwing it in.

I believe that Karipidis and Aguiar were decent players but no more - if JJ wants them fine and I'll trust him. Despite your protestations Aguiar was injury prone - not just the Brellier legacy.

You could hardly say that Adrian was away and came back - to say that is just being pedantic (incidentally I really rate him - he is having a superb season)

I never mentioned JJ - thought the thread was about bringing back players - maybe not !

It is easy to use examples to make your point but football is littered with failures on the same issue.

Did I say never go back - no I did not, the suggestion was that that focusing on the future is generally speaking a better way to move forward and I stand by my original point that a lot of people seem to be focusing on players from a mediocre recent past as some kind of way to a better future - I happen to think we have moved on and for the better.

I

Guess The Crowd

Go and read my post again and reply with some kind of logic instead of an incoherent rant.

The OP suggested 3 players and I gave my opinion on each - just an opinion mind but you state your opinions as if they were fact.

I actually mentioned Rudi as an exception but that didn't stop you throwing it in.

I believe that Karipidis and Aguiar were decent players but no more - if JJ wants them fine and I'll trust him. Despite your protestations Aguiar was injury prone - not just the Brellier legacy.

You could hardly say that Adrian was away and came back - to say that is just being pedantic (incidentally I really rate him - he is having a superb season)

I never mentioned JJ - thought the thread was about bringing back players - maybe not !

It is easy to use examples to make your point but football is littered with failures on the same issue.

Did I say never go back - no I did not, the suggestion was that that focusing on the future is generally speaking a better way to move forward and I stand by my original point that a lot of people seem to be focusing on players from a mediocre recent past as some kind of way to a better future - I happen to think we have moved on and for the better.

I

Made it back up the A9 then?

Enjoyed the craic in Diggers - especially the bit about.....ah, best not go there!

Teuchterjambo

Made it back up the A9 then?

Enjoyed the craic in Diggers - especially the bit about.....ah, best not go there!

Made it eventually - a few hairy moments on Sunday morning though.

Aye - best not go there !

:whistling:

Ok, here goes. I expect pelters, I expect to be asked for my 'sauce', I expect to be called an ar5e.

We'll enquire about Lee Miller in the next transfer window. I wouldn't be up for him to be honest but maybe KK could improve him? I'm not guessing or saying i'd like him here but only saying I know it's a fact we will ask Middlesbrough.

Ok, here goes. I expect pelters, I expect to be asked for my 'sauce', I expect to be called an ar5e.

We'll enquire about Lee Miller in the next transfer window. I wouldn't be up for him to be honest but maybe KK could improve him? I'm not guessing or saying i'd like him here but only saying I know it's a fact we will ask Middlesbrough.

Would take him in a second.

Considering most of the ex-players that are discussed in these threads were among the best paid in the club's history, it's interesting to keep track of them and see if they were worth that money and were only dragging their heels when playing for us, or if they were worth it!

I'd have taken him before he went to Boro but he's not even been a bench warmer.

Which may mean we can get him cheap as chips.

thumbsup.gif

I'd take Pinilla back.

That boat has sailed.

On one of the Italian football web sites that I frequent from time to time, Juventus AS Roma and (I think) Hamburg have all been linked with the little fella.

sad.gif

That boat has sailed.

On one of the Italian football web sites that I frequent from time to time, Juventus AS Roma and (I think) Hamburg have all been linked with the little fella.

sad.gif

Sake. :(

I still have his private messages from the Facebook.

Yes my friend have a 4 more years in edimburg!!!!

So he thought. :( :( :(

Archived