Laptops

sked21

Right when it comes to computers or laptops I am absolutely useless.

So here it goes. Just got a new laptop and wondering what the crack is. Do I need to charge it up? What things do I need to set-up? And what is the deal with the internet?

Help appreciated.

And yes I am stupid when it comes to stuff like this.

Start, by plugging it in and turning it on. You'll have to register with Windows but it's all pretty easy and it walks you through it all as soon as you turn in on.

Do yuo have a wireless router?? You'll need one for the net.

Do yuo have a wireless router?? You'll need one for the net.

How am I able to post this then?

:rolleyes:

Do I need to charge it up?

Plug the charger into the laptop and into a socket and it will run whether the battery has an charge or not, best to check the recommendation for charging the battery, e.g leave on charge for 24 hrs. (i.e computer off, but still all plugged in and mains power on to charger)

What things do I need to set-up?

When you turn it on it should take you through any set-up that is required, just the same as a PC would.

And what is the deal with the internet?

How do you connect to the internet now?

If you have wireless, then the laptop will need to be wireless compliant to use it, or else you'll need to add bits. If you plug a cable into your PC from a modem then there should be a cable port on the laptop too, so just the same.

HTH

Cheers everyone.

Got the laptop up and running and installed windows and more importantly football manager.

So with the internet. My house computer uses a modem. So do I then have to use the same modem thing for the laptop. ie So I would need to use my laptop right beside my house computer?

How am I able to post this then?

:rolleyes:

You don't need a wireless router if you connect straight to your desktop niieeeeyyyyeyeee!!

Cheers everyone.

Got the laptop up and running and installed windows and more importantly football manager.

So with the internet. My house computer uses a modem. So do I then have to use the same modem thing for the laptop. ie So I would need to use my laptop right beside my house computer?

Is it a modem or a modem/router, there's a big difference in the advice to be given involving the PITA that is ICS.

Archived