Time for Clum

tambothejambo

tambothejambo

Would like to see callum getting a start for a few games. Always looks bright when he comes off the bench. With the service we seem to have he could be just what we need up front.

Hearts Heritage

Would like to see callum getting a start for a few games. Always looks bright when he comes off the bench. With the service we seem to have he could be just what we need up front.

Can i be the first to say 'Hobo'?

Seriously though in the 5 years He has had CE has never looked like a true instinctive goalscorer .

Jambof3tornado

Why change what's been working well. A draw today wasn't what we wanted but let's not panic and expect mass team changes from jj!

Captain America

I feel a bit of Calum as he done well at the start of the season but as others have said there is no need for change,we drew against a well organised team who are quite good when playing away.

I sometimes feel S Elliot is to lightweight at times. I have not been impressed so far. Clum should be given a start in my opinion.

I sometimes feel S Elliot is to lightweight at times. I have not been impressed so far. Clum should be given a start in my opinion.

He might be sacrificing what he is good at to play as a sort of striker/winger/extra defender. I haven't been impressed either but perhaps Elliott would be better as an out and out striker.

I want to see Driver replace him as soon as possible if we are keeping the current system. Until then if Elliott isn't scoring then he should make way for Elliot or Glen so that they can have a chance.

tambothejambo

Can i be the first to say 'Hobo'?

Seriously though in the 5 years He has had CE has never looked like a true instinctive goalscorer .

Only suggesting that clum may add more of a goal threat up front with kyle. Not suggesting were not playin well only that he started the season on fire and looks sharp when he comes on as a sub. Hobo i am not my freind !

portobellojambo1

Were doing fine with Kyle and Elliott up front.No need for a change.

100% correct.

Again it is maybe a case that some don't actually see what Stephen Elliott does in a game, a bit like those who think Kevin Kyle does nothing. The amount of running both do, and the number of defenders both attract to them and drag out of position is the main reason so many scoring chances are being created for others.

How people can start complaining because today we failed to beat a side who have remained unbeaten away form home for a year (and their tactics today of packing the defence showed why that is the case) is beyond me. Today's result doesn't mean our front two have suddenly gone bad and need replacing, that is a knee jerk reaction.

Only suggesting that clum may add more of a goal threat up front with kyle. Not suggesting were not playin well only that he started the season on fire and looks sharp when he comes on as a sub. Hobo i am not my freind !

yep, you were a bit quick to have a go there august. however, seeing as we have won six, drawn one, (unbeaten), with the present forward line, i think its bit harsh of you tambo to suggest change after a pulsating game like todays.

EDIT - What porto says above, i concur sir!

tambothejambo

Hearts build up play was excellent today. Just wonder how many goals clum would score with the attacking team that we have at the moment. Callum has played in some struggling Hearts sides and looked gash but this year he looks like he may have been given a wee bit of confidence with big JJ and may be ready to start breaking in to a starting 11 who no arguments from me are playing well.

I must be missing something.

I can't see the need to change anything up front.

The fact we missed so many chances today would be my guess. That said, it's still better than creating nothing at all, which is what we've been used to the past 2 or 3 seasons. The jury's still out Stephen Elliot for me though, he needs to start putting away the chances or make way for Glen/Clum.

Albert Finney

What "Two T's" brings to the table is an ability to score (his goals so far have been fine finishes), a willingness to track back, the ability to run, with purpose, at opposition defences, a bit of pace, quick feet and a selflessness that benefits the whole side. Has he been prolific? Nope, but neither were Bednar and Jankauskas but what both did was to create the conditions where others could score goals aplenty. While Elliott and Kyle may not be anywhere near the standard of Bednar and Jankauskas there selflessness and tireless hard work has created chances aplenty for others. "Clum" I fear doesn't possess those qualities and while he may well have started this season in fine form many of us here have seen that before...short bursts of goalscoring but he just doesn't give the same effort as those in possession of the jerseys right now. No need to change a winning formula...unbeaten in, what, seven or eight matches, scoring goals, not conceding many, collecting points, nah, let's just leave it as it is.

Agree and disagree.

You always start with your strongest XI, and if we're playing two strikers in that then it's always going to be Kyle and Stephen Elliott.

However, JJs slight achilles heel is and always has been his use/timing of substitutes. I might be in a minority, but I still rate Calum Eliot highly. I think this afternoon he should have replaced Stephen Elliott about 10-15 minutes earlier than happened. We were attacking into a brick wall and IMHO we just needed to try and change things a wee bit earlier than we did.

What "Two T's" brings to the table is an ability to score (his goals so far have been fine finishes), a willingness to track back, the ability to run, with purpose, at opposition defences, a bit of pace, quick feet and a selflessness that benefits the whole side. Has he been prolific? Nope, but neither were Bednar and Jankauskas but what both did was to create the conditions where others could score goals aplenty. While Elliott and Kyle may not be anywhere near the standard of Bednar and Jankauskas there selflessness and tireless hard work has created chances aplenty for others. "Clum" I fear doesn't possess those qualities and while he may well have started this season in fine form many of us here have seen that before...short bursts of goalscoring but he just doesn't give the same effort as those in possession of the jerseys right now. No need to change a winning formula...unbeaten in, what, seven or eight matches, scoring goals, not conceding many, collecting points, nah, let's just leave it as it is.

Top postage Albert thumbsup.gif

Stephen Elliott brings a lot more to the game than Calum does IMO.

Whilst Elliot and Glen possibly do deserve a chance - there is only 1 space they really fit into the current system - that space is currently filled by Kevin Kyle.

Calum Elliot could possibly play the winger/striker role that Steven Elliott plays, but I don't think he brings enough to it to justify taking the place.

Glen seems an out and out striker so sticking him out wide is risky.

Archived