another Ian Black thread

Bozi

thought he was outstanding today,had a poor 5 minute spell where everything seemed to bounce off him but otherwise he was terrific. broke up the ball,hassled all over the park and kept the ball moving throughout the game.

had a wee chuckle at the young boy behind me who was sitting slagging him off for 5 minutes to his old boy,saying he would get rid of him,i turned around and asked him "seriously? are you watching the same game as me? man of the match for me" few guys round me just looked at him in astonishment

Snake Plissken

I'm Teenwolf and I approve of this post.

Black was terrific today and has been enjoying a good run of form of late.

JJ has really got the best out of him.

Anatoly_Korobochka

Blackie had a good 60 minutes but was really poor towards the end. should have been hooked

midway through the 2nd half he tried to tackle a man using his back!!!! never seen owt like that before!

At least he never got booked this week :)

I've been very vocal against Black since day one.

I'm being proved wrong with a huge grin on my face.

Captain America

That 5 minute spell was random, he just couldn't do anything right at that point, the rest of the game he played well thought.

MOM for me.

and me debut, I agree that he had a few moments here and there but in general his form the past few months has improved game by game. Lets not forget some of his performances last season, not helped by the role or formation he was asked to perform in. Keep up the good work Blackie!:thumbsup:

black was briliant for long spells today, i thought he got forward a bit as stevenson played really deep. Black is becoming close to undroppable just now

i actually thought ryan stevenson was in with a good shout for MoM today, he was brilliant, covered the back 4 well, starts a lot of our good passing moves, works hard and played some beautiful longs balls and not just to KK's head, he sprayed some lovely 50/60 yard diagonals out to the wide men. not every one came off but he got quite a few spot on, he'll give JJ a headache next week!

Was good. A player against an old team always has a good game though.

Happy with the whole team today. Proud jambo. Playing for the badge, all i can ask.

In the first half we had a free kick on right side, near the box. Rudi was just about to whip it in when Black nipped in and took a quick one, which was diabolical. Rudi was none too happy...and neither was I. It was a perfect angle for Rudi to whip in a bender. Apart from that, Black had a good game. I really wish he'd leave the free kicks to Rudi though!

Lynn :ninja:

thought he was outstanding today,had a poor 5 minute spell where everything seemed to bounce off him but otherwise he was terrific. broke up the ball,hassled all over the park and kept the ball moving throughout the game.

FACT

Man of the match for me

Another player who seems to be getting better under JJ's influence. Thought that was his best game yet yesterday! His previous one was last Saturday! Hope he keeps it up.

Really can't believe this is the same player I would have gladly punted at the end of last year !

He barely looked 1st div class in some of his displays but this season he has confounded me

with huge improvements in every department.

He's been there or thereabouts as MOM lately and was probably my pick of the bunch yesterday

I've been very vocal against Black since day one.

I'm being proved wrong with a huge grin on my face.

This. Playing a much more clearly defined role now and doing very well.

I was really pleased when we signed him and thought he would be a great signing. I must admit that I was starting to have my doubts last season - but he is now showing us what he is capable of. Impressive performance again yesterday.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He's been much better recently and he did a job yesterday but... Maybe this is hyper-critical... i thought his first touch and control of the ball was dreadfull and led to us giving away possesion far too often in the second half, looked a bit panicky and desperate at times.

As i said though... Maybe a bit hyper-critical. Certainly gives his all for the cause. :thumbsup:

Really can't believe this is the same player I would have gladly punted at the end of last year !

He barely looked 1st div class in some of his displays but this season he has confounded me

with huge improvements in every department.

He's been there or thereabouts as MOM lately and was probably my pick of the bunch yesterday

I hope someone prints out your post and gives it to Darren Barr to carry around with him and look at during the tough times as an example that if you keep toiling you can win the supporters back.

Blackie's turning out to be the player I hoped he would be when we got him. Well played that man. :thumbsup:

Archived