How?

i8hibsh

2 things:

How did we not win that game? We started slow but dominated the majorty. 2nd half we destroyed them.

Also, how does that joke team get away with it. They are just awful. The most brutish defensive team around. How do they do it? Fair play to Butcher he's playing to their strengths. I hate the joke pub team.

Francis Albert

Pub team? Sounds like the sort of nonsense that's been said about us in previous seasons. If I was an ICT fan I'd be absolutely delighted with what they are doing.

2 things:

How did we not win that game? We started slow but dominated the majorty. 2nd half we destroyed them.

Also, how does that joke team get away with it. They are just awful. The most brutish defensive team around. How do they do it? Fair play to Butcher he's playing to their strengths. I hate the joke pub team.

Poor post.. Nothing wrong with playing to your strengths. Well played ICT, I say.

Inverness are a good side. No need for the sour grapes. A "pub team" wouldn't have gone a year without losing a game away from home - there's a reason for it; they're incredibly well organised, in Foran and Rooney have good quality up top (never thought I'd say that about Richie Foran :o ) and they defend like their lives depend on it.

Butcher is a top man as well - his post-match comments were really generous and he couldn't say enough for our club.

They could do without the time wasting shenanigans, though. :down:

Albert Finney

ICT are superbly well organised and play to their strengths away from home but there is an element of "anti-football" about what I saw today...time wasting, a lot of quite cynical fouls, ultra-defensive. But...a whole year without an away defeat, scoring goals, doing well in the league; that isn't down to being a "pub team". You are right to ask how we didn't win though...we had sooooo many chances.

We may have dominated the midfield in the 2nd half but credit has to go to Butcher. He has that defence as solid as a rock.

Very frustrating but it was just one of those days. Something that seemed inevitable even with over 20 minutes of the game remaining.

Albert Finney

We may have dominated the midfield in the 2nd half but credit has to go to Butcher. He has that defence as solid as a rock.

Very frustrating but it was just one of those days. Something that seemed inevitable even with over 20 minutes of the game remaining.

I agree...you just knew that we were not going to get that elusive second goal. Squeaky bum time when they broke near the end!

Thunderstruck

Unfair on Caley as this is first season back when consolidation would have been their target. Instead, they find themselves more or less safe thanks to playing a mainly defensive set-up that is good on counter-attack.

Agree with post above regarding Terry Butcher. He has a very well organised team but conceded that they had to endure the "siege of Tynecastle" and stopping Hearts "by hook or by crook". He also said he would pay to watch Temps who he rates as one of the best around.

I think what we needed was a Hartley/Cameron type player in the centre there today, to drive us forward.

I don't think what we needed today was anything other than a bit of luck. As Butcher and JJ both admitted, Inverness got it all today. A bit better finishing, or a break of the ball, and we'd have gotten a deserved win.

As much as I'd have loved to wreck it for them, what an achievement by Inverness, though - a full calendar year without a single defeat away from home.

Fair play to Caley for holding out to keep up their OUTSTANDING away record. I thought we played well enough to win the match but it just wasn't to be our day infront of goal.

Problem Officer?

Can't believe people saying "defence as solid as a rock". Throughout the game we missed AT LEAST 3 complete sitters, which would of won us the game, these among others.

Fair enough play to your strengths but when you have 10 men behind the ball the entire second half and to actually be playing for a point rather than trying to win the game is just embarrassing.

'Twas ours to win. Simple.

Arthur Morgan

I don't think what we needed today was anything other than a bit of luck. As Butcher and JJ both admitted, Inverness got it all today. A bit better finishing, or a break of the ball, and we'd have gotten a deserved win.

As much as I'd have loved to wreck it for them, what an achievement by Inverness, though - a full calendar year without a single defeat away from home.

Yeah your right I just don't think it was our day today but would still like to see a creative midfielder in there to help us push forward and add another attacking threat. hopefully in January or in the Summer we can get him whoever that will be.

Yeah your right I just don't think it was our day today but would still like to see a creative midfielder in there to help us push forward and add another attacking threat. hopefully in January or in the Summer we can get him whoever that will be.

Totally agree with that mate. :thumbsup:

Butcher is a top man as well - his post-match comments were really generous and he couldn't say enough for our club.

Absolutely thumbsup.gif

a lot of plus points to take from the game and in all honesty we have to applaud Inverness for not folding in the face of an almighty onslaught

somehow i think Hibs might crumble if we out them under as much pressure

or at least i hope so

Miller Jambo 60

Pub team? Sounds like the sort of nonsense that's been said about us in previous seasons. If I was an ICT fan I'd be absolutely delighted with what they are doing.

Aye ok

I think we saw today why their so hard to beat away from home, defended well and look dangerous on the break. They got a fair amount of luck too but overall a draw against them is a decent result. To call them a pub team is just stupid and shows a lack of football knowledge.

Lots of plus points today, including the football being played from the back all through the second half. I On another day we would have won, but we've carried a fair amount of luck ourselves to win 6 in a row, and 7 unbeaten is run the players will want to keep going.

Rudolf's Mate

How many times in years gone by have we set our stall out defensively against the uglies in the hope to catch them on the break? We're a tough team to beat and I dare say they set their stall out just as they do against the uglies!

Malinga the Swinga

The only thing I would add is that because they are so anxious to avoid defeat, they ended up sitting back, when if they had played like they did in the first 20 miinutes, they might have actually won. If they draw games, fine, they would be better winning one game and losing one as the points difference means draws kill you.

What is with the big Inverness love in?

I for one can't wait to see them relegated. They bring nothing to the top league.

I do like Butcher tho.

Thought it was a really good contest today and that both sets of players came out of it with a lot of credit. We've probably played worse and won during this recent run, but today we came up against a team that knew how to defend and still look dangerous on the break. I don't agree that we missed sitters - we had to work very hard to carve out the half-chances that came our way. Those who were belittling ICT's achievement in remaining unbeaten away for over a year hopefully saw exactly why they've managed that today.

I for one can't wait to see them relegated. They bring nothing to the top league.

I do like Butcher tho.

let's get rid of St Midden first eh?

2 things:

ICT are a counter attacking side with decent players. Yes they sat a bit deep in the second and parked the bus but it works and if it works good luck to them.

Hearts were the home team so it was up to us to break them down and if the finishing had been a bit better today we would have got all 3pts.

I think that we will have another dimension to our game available when Wallace and Driver come back into the side. They will give us pace.

My guess is that teams are starting to work out the formation JJ has been using. Skacel was tightly man marked all game. Templeton was stopped by tight marking. And Kyle was doubled up on. Teams have little fear of us going past their centre backs as we have no pace up front other than Templeton. So many of our goals have been tremendous belts from long distance. Having more pace in the team - particularly with Driver - would add another dimension to our attacking play.

I hope that Wallace and Driver are back soon and both back into the first team soon to replace Palazuelos (who has done a great job) and Elliott.

I do like Butcher tho.

It's not a love-in. Just recognition of a team punching far above their weight.

Unfair on Caley as this is first season back when consolidation would have been their target. Instead, they find themselves more or less safe thanks to playing a mainly defensive set-up that is good on counter-attack.

Agree with post above regarding Terry Butcher. He has a very well organised team but conceded that they had to endure the "siege of Tynecastle" and stopping Hearts "by hook or by crook". He also said he would pay to watch Temps who he rates as one of the best around.

Yes it was very frustrating but we had more than enough chances to win the game, i listened to Terry Butchers post match interview on the way home from the match and it was very refreshing to hear an honest opinion off the game.

He was very complimentry of Hearts and raved about Temps. They came with a game plan to sit deep, and hit on the break.

I Thought we had no luck today the ball never broke kindly for us, they were determined not to loose and got away with there point and kept there record intact.

I Do think there goal was very soft, and with Buzid being off the park/just coming on when they scored contributed to there goal.

Not sure what the stats were but we must had a lot off shots at goal today and should have won the game.

We have played a lot worse than today and won the game this season.

It seems like a love in.

We drew and all we are doing is sucking up to the team we drew with.

We are HMFC, who gives a shit about any other team.

It seems like a love in.

We drew and all we are doing is sucking up to the team we drew with.

We are HMFC, who gives a shit about any other team.

It is possible to support Hearts and admire the qualities of another team. :smiliz21:

Very well organised and stuffy defensivley. On another day we would have won. :santa:

portobellojambo1

If am honest watching ICT today took me back to HMFC under Csaba Laszlo. That is how we played, both home and away under Laszlo, only it was nowhere near as well organised as ICT were today. Of course it isn't pretty to watch, in fact it is brutally boring, as was watching Hearts under Csaba (yet many Hearts fans loved it, because Csaba was the man).

But it works for ICT away from home, which is why they have gone so long on the road undefeated. I thought we done well today, certainly we did no worse than any other club who have hosted ICT for the last 12 months. With a little bit of luck going our way we could have picked up 3 points rather than 1. But in a round about way today's result could be a blessing in disguise. It could put some players and some fans feet back on the ground, because people were starting to get just a wee bit carried away on the back of a few very good results. Now the team have to refocus, fresh targets to set and have also found out what they need to do against a team who come with no intention other than to defend in depth.

Would have preferred to take all 3 points, but all in all can have no complaints today, it was a game that had draw written all over it, and that was how it panned out. We move on to Kilmarnock and Paisley next and must now look to get back to winning ways.

That game reminded me of the Hearts v Gretna cup final. Pummelled them throughout especially second half, they score a spawny goal and cling on for a draw offering little to **** all up front in the process. they got out of jail big time today, that was a 1-1 humping if there is such a monster

Do we praise celtic and the huns when they play well?

If we had won by 3 goals today noone would have questioned it. Inverness are a bunch of thugs who play anti football. We should've thumped them today.

We need to work on how we didn't score more today and put it right agains the filth from Paisley next week.

If am honest watching ICT today took me back to HMFC under Csaba Laszlo. That is how we played, both home and away under Laszlo, only it was nowhere near as well organised as ICT were today. Of course it isn't pretty to watch, in fact it is brutally boring, as was watching Hearts under Csaba (yet many Hearts fans loved it, because Csaba was the man).

But it works for ICT away from home, which is why they have gone so long on the road undefeated. I thought we done well today, certainly we did no worse than any other club who have hosted ICT for the last 12 months. With a little bit of luck going our way we could have picked up 3 points rather than 1. But in a round about way today's result could be a blessing in disguise. It could put some players and some fans feet back on the ground, because people were starting to get just a wee bit carried away on the back of a few very good results. Now the team have to refocus, fresh targets to set and have also found out what they need to do against a team who come with no intention other than to defend in depth.

Would have preferred to take all 3 points, but all in all can have no complaints today, it was a game that had draw written all over it, and that was how it panned out. We move on to Kilmarnock and Paisley next and must now look to get back to winning ways.

Aye you're right how DARE we start to believe we can actually challenge the Old Firm. Let's all just crawl back under our rocks and let them run away with the league while we fade back into mediocrity. **** me!!

I think you need to give ICT some credit for preserving a very enviable away record. They are stuffy, defensive and look for the counter and it's not pretty to watch and it made for a hugely frustrating afternoon for us but it worked out for them.

I actually think they got the breaks today rather than playing all that well defensively but that's how it goes. I thought we threw everything we could at them so I can't fault our effort. Sometimes it's just not going to be your day.

As for the love in...well there's at least 6 other teams in the queue ahead of ICT on my SPL despise list! :-)

Do we praise celtic and the huns when they play well?

If we had won by 3 goals today noone would have questioned it. Inverness are a bunch of thugs who play anti football. We should've thumped them today.

We need to work on how we didn't score more today and put it right agains the filth from Paisley next week.

I8 you're beginning to make a bit of a fool of yourself. I didn't see any anti-football from ICT today, in fact they probably played a lot less long balls than we did as they don't have a target man like Kyle. Thought they passed the ball well but were pinned back by a very strong Hearts team.

Yes we should have won but i think folk are just giving their honest opinions on the game, where one team was attacking and had most of the possession and chances and one team was well organised and defended admirably. All in all a good game I thought. Get off your high horse.

We should have and on another day with the chances that we created we would have won quite comfortably.

How anyone can not give ICT credit for going over a year unbeaten away from home is beyond me tbh.

As for wanting them relegated, they are the most inoffensive team in the league, and possibly the best away trip in the league. Hope their stay's a long 'un thumbsup.gif

Back on the how? tack.

Our task would have been easier if Inverness had picked up a red card or two.

For me, Duff had 2 bookable tackles after being booked and should have gone.

And though Elliott had knocked the ball too far away from goal for me - there are times when refs would have sent off the goalie at the penalty foul.

portobellojambo1

Aye you're right how DARE we start to believe we can actually challenge the Old Firm. Let's all just crawl back under our rocks and let them run away with the league while we fade back into mediocrity. **** me!!

I'm sorry you misinterpreted the above, which appears to be the case. At no point did I say we should simply settle for third place (what we need to do is re-evaluate what we have to do to push on)

Today may be just what is needed to refocus the players on the task in hand, which is to split the OF (we haven't as yet done it this season). Some may have been of the opinion that we were already there, but today's result may have brought some back down to Earth, and understand it takes a solid effort irrespective of what is put in front of us (i.e. today's result may be a blessing in disguise if we kick on from it).

We had enough chances to win today but it wasnt to be.

One thing I think we should've done earlier was to try and play wider and therefore stretch Inverness more.

In the 2nd half especially, Templeton had no space on the left and was playing in and around a small area off Kyle when there was miles of space ahead of Jonsson (who looked like he couldnae be ersed today) We had enough down the left already IMO and putting Temps out right would've stretched them further.

We should've stuck Temps out right where there was more space and let S.Elliot play off Kyles flick's etc, he is after all the type of stirker who thrives on knocks downs etc and would've prob read the flicks better.

Instead we wee too deliberate and played to narrow which made it easier for Caley as there was less space to defend in and around their box.

The Old Tolbooth

I thought once the sub was made that we were brilliant today and extremely unlucky to only take one point, when on another day ICT couldn't have complained if we had beaten them by 3 or 4 goals.

As for ICT, they did what they do best with their limited resources and Butcher is doing a fantastic job, they defend with hearts of a lion and although it's not the prettiest to watch, it's very very effective!

No one can fault our commitment and effort today, and if we play like that on New Years day then there's only going to be one winner as Hibs won't be able to sustain pressure like that, I really can't wait! :D

Captain America

The ball just didn't drop for us today when it needed to. It happens,I was impressed with how organised ICT were today, it's easy to see how they have done so well away from home.

ICT are superbly well organised and play to their strengths away from home but there is an element of "anti-football" about what I saw today...time wasting, a lot of quite cynical fouls, ultra-defensive. But...a whole year without an away defeat, scoring goals, doing well in the league; that isn't down to being a "pub team". You are right to ask how we didn't win though...we had sooooo many chances.

Shabba-esque perhaps. The players have bought Butchers idea... same as Shabba`s squad.

ICT play good counter attack football.

The defend with a bank of 4 and a bank of 5 but at soon as they have possession they become a 4-3-3.

It's frustrating for us today but ICT were worth their draw today.

I hope we make a move for Hayes if we have enough cash.

Would be a better purchase than the much touted Rooney.

Duff definitely should have recieved his second booking and I remember Craig Gordon getting sent off for a similar foul against Falkirk but I think Winter made the correct call.

Winter on the whole had a reasonable game, he was very reluctant to give out cards in the second half and I hope we recieve the same leniency that Duff recieved later in the season.

PS. He (and everybody it seems) missed a stonewall penalty for ICT when Eggert pulled down Rooney at the back post.

john brownlee

agree with this post we could not have done anymore than what the players done today credit to butcher and his team they played the game

disappointed we didn't put it to bed, but hey, you win some and you sometimes don't get what you desearve and that today was us.

I only hope JJ is not to hard on the players they done well, tough game

I can't believe we never won that game!! ICT looked like they were going to give us a game today in the first 15 minutes.

Hearts trickery and passing through to their box caused them to rethink and they defo reverted to defensive mode on a permanent basis after the interval.

Still up to us to break them down though and what is so annoying is that we did but couldn't put the ball in the net.

Gutted not to win and you could see the players were too.

In truth, ICT's celebrations afters irked me, however, I hadn't realised they had such a strong away record. I knew it was good but not for as long a timeline as it is so the fact that they extended it against one of the in-form teams in the UK gave them something to understandably smile about.

It was a good 1-1 game in truth - still gutted though.

Thought our all out effort and work rate sacrificed composure at critical moments, too many balls gifted to us and then lost by poor control and delighted to come to the end of a game willing the team on to a winner instead of slumped in my seat as under the previous manager.

It wasn't the ideal result but it's the kind of football I hope to see at Tynie.

We should have and on another day with the chances that we created we would have won quite comfortably.

How anyone can not give ICT credit for going over a year unbeaten away from home is beyond me tbh.

As for wanting them relegated, they are the most inoffensive team in the league, and possibly the best away trip in the league. Hope their stay's a long 'un thumbsup.gif

This. Was delighted they came back up, great weekend, really nice folk there (plus its a lot nearer to me than Tynie :smiliz64: )

Can't believe people saying "defence as solid as a rock". Throughout the game we missed AT LEAST 3 complete sitters, which would of won us the game, these among others.

Fair enough play to your strengths but when you have 10 men behind the ball the entire second half and to actually be playing for a point rather than trying to win the game is just embarrassing.

'Twas ours to win. Simple.

totally agree we should have taken our chances better and some of our crosses were poor but it looked like there was no way inverness were going to score the second half this game was ours for the taking <_<

Archived