The most expensive pint in Edinburgh?

Millerntor

?4.60 for a pint of peroni at the discharge gig last night in the citrus club!:eek:

Thankfully the barman warned me off it.

After the gig was over all the beer including peroni was reduced to ?1.50 a pint.

:beer: cheers

Carl Weathers
?4.60 for a pint of peroni at the discharge gig last night in the citrus club!:eek:

Thankfully the barman warned me off it.

After the gig was over all the beer including peroni was reduced to ?1.50 a pint.

:beer: cheers

It was ?5 for a peroni in the Opal lounge.

jambo_ellen

That stuff tastes like wife beater.

You'll get dafties thinking they are sofistacated drinking continental lagers:beer:

Asked for 2 pints of Peroni in the Orocco Pier in S.Queensferry, the barman kindly told me it was ?5 a pop...

Two Tennants then please mate : )

Bloody hell. 5 squid a pint.

I paid ?3.05 for a Vodka and Coke at Stereo a couple of saturdays ago. I went into shock.

It's been over a fiver in George Street for years.

Not at the Standing Order. A pint of Tennents and a Vodka and Coke for ?3.50 (I think).

Dirk Diggler
Not at the Standing Order. A pint of Tennents and a Vodka and Coke for ?3.50 (I think).

George Street or not, I wouldn't pay any more than that for a drink in there.

The worst pub in Edinburgh.

When i said George Street, i was meaning those bars on George Street that actually sold Peroni.

Asked for 2 pints of Peroni in the Orocco Pier in S.Queensferry, the barman kindly told me it was ?5 a pop...

?5.15 in there a year or so back. Crap place as well.

Do The Dance

Ahh the old Peroni mistake. Some places are kind enough to let you know the price before they pour it, however, many won't and will take at least a fiver from you - with all the other lager taps laughing at you as you hand it over.... :P

When i said George Street, i was meaning those bars on George Street that actually sold Peroni.

Ahhh. Comprendi.

Good pint. Not worth a fiver though.

Bella Nbrima (sp) in Broughton St, ?5.50 a pint for peroni.

The Kickback footy guys were in,and still went home pashed;)

How much is it for a pint of say John Smiths. We're going to a wedding there in August. At ?5 a pint I better start saving. Beer is so much cheaper in Glenrothes.

We drank Peroni in Italy at the world cup in 1990 it's certainly not worth a fiver for a pint.

The feckers are just taking the **** with the prices for a pint now.You can get 3 660ml bottles of Peroni for ?4 out of the supermarket.I grudge paying ?2.85 out of my local for a pint of Kronenburg as do most folk hence why it is now empty and the local legion is now full of punters drinking Carling at ?1.65 pint.Most pubs just won't be happy until they have no customers at all.As for clubs well you know your going to be ripped off before you go in the door.

?3.45 for a pint of Fosters in Shanghai last night. Not the most I've paid but a complete rip-off nevertheless.

?4.25 for a Kronenbourg Blanc in Bar Sirius about 5 years ago is still the most I've paid for a pint.

Legend Claws

Peroni is ok but I don't understand why these places charge what they do for it! I always classes Peroni as a beer you got by default when you asked for one in an Italian restraunt and would be charged a couple of quid not some over the top 'premium' brand. I reckon the quality of pints has dipped drastically due to bar 'managers' not having a clue how to look after the beer/pumps etc. I drink bottles most of the time now.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
?3.45 for a pint of Fosters in Shanghai last night. Not the most I've paid but a complete rip-off nevertheless.

?4.25 for a Kronenbourg Blanc in Bar Sirius about 5 years ago is still the most I've paid for a pint.

Should have got a Fosters, ?1.50 a pint during the week. ;)

Csaba's Broon Shoes

I remember paying ?13 for a pint of Tennents in the Chav a few year ago

gave the barman a twenty he gave me change back of a tenner the ww

ank anyway he said i was to come back at the end of the night when the till

would be checked , i right probably helped his self

never been back in that hole for ages

The feckers are just taking the **** with the prices for a pint now.You can get 3 660ml bottles of Peroni for ?4 out of the supermarket.I grudge paying ?2.85 out of my local for a pint of Kronenburg as do most folk hence why it is now empty and the local legion is now full of punters drinking Carling at ?1.65 pint.Most pubs just won't be happy until they have no customers at all.As for clubs well you know your going to be ripped off before you go in the door.

Very true. But see what happens if you want to sit down with your mates and drink your beer in the supermarket.

Pubs have, and always will be more expensive than supermarkets. And if you're drinking in trendy, shiny shoe bars in George Street, then what the hell do you expect? One of the main reasons why I never drink in George Street.

But hey, if people will continue to buy it at these prices, people will continue to sell it at these prices. If you don't want to pay for overpriced beer in overpriced bars, don't drink in them.

And ?2.85 for Kronenbourg in Edinburgh is pretty reasonable. They're probably not even making 50% profit on that. The difference in price for a keg of Carling and a keg of Kronenbourg is probably ?50 quid a keg. I'd reckon the Legion is probably making the same profit margin on Carling as your local makes on Kronenbourg.

Dix Handley

Just ask if you can get your drinks at QFA prices(they wont like that).

Used to be a spit and sawdust hole in the wall.What is it with all these

up thier a**e establishments sucking the life out of local communities?

Go to the Tap or the Anchor before reception,if you get the chance.

Much Cheapness!

Dix Handley
How much is it for a pint of say John Smiths. We're going to a wedding there in August. At ?5 a pint I better start saving. Beer is so much cheaper in Glenrothes.

We drank Peroni in Italy at the world cup in 1990 it's certainly not worth a fiver for a pint.

Ask if you can get your drinks at QFA prices(they wont like that).

If your just going to the reception,nick into the Tap or the Anchor

cheap drinks and you might even meet some real ferry punters!

carling extra cold ?1.60 odd a pint in the carricknowe lounge....close and give a lick of paint...now ?2.30 a pint.....s'pose thats what i get for drinking in a feckin hole

Ahh, the good old Carricknowe - had a few Friday lunchtime sessions when I worked at LP23 Inland Revenue offices on Saughton Drive - quite a decent steak pie, if I remember correctly.

Bonjour, bonjour! Nous ont le gorgie garcons.

Archived