Start Makela on Saturday!

djh83

Dirk Diggler
and shaggy rates elliot I rest my cast

Given he is watching both players day in day out, I'll trust his judgement.

Whilst not being Elliots biggest fan, I'd start him ahead of Makela any day of the week.

and shaggy rates elliot I rest my cast

Precisely.

Personally, I would start him.

Better than the current 'players'.

Salvatore's Tash

The guy scored a goal for the reserves. You know how he scored it? He tried to bring the ball under control and in doing so the ball ended up in the net. He is gash.

Elliot anyday, Mole anyday.

Whilst not being Elliots biggest fan, I'd start him ahead of Makela any day of the week.

one mans trash in another mans treasure

we will never be able to know who is better suited to the spl because

shaggy's head is so far up clums a&& he will never drop him

Dirk Diggler
one mans trash in another mans treasure

we will never be able to know who is better suited to the spl because

shaggy's head is so far up clums a&& he will never drop him

It's not only been Shaggy who has refused to play Makela...

Anyway, It's a moot point because he won't be involved tomorrow or in any of the remaining games.

not much choice is there.

we are a shambles, we are a shambles, we are a shambles.

may as well chill out at the games that are left. will try not to get to worked up and sit back and enjoy our team try and beat falkirk in one of the seasons most important games.:P

It's not only been Shaggy who has refused to play Makela...

Anyway, It's a moot point because he won't be involved tomorrow or in any of the remaining games.

I agree with point 2 totally as stated in earlier post

who else has rufused to play him

rix,ivanaskus,molefeev,korbochala,cernekov you may say

But we all no the truth its been one man Vlad

Dirk Diggler

There may have been occasions in the past of Romanov ensuring he did not play, I'll give you that.

However, As it stands today, Frail thinks he is hopeless.

That is what I'm basing my assumption that he won't play again this season on.

Thing is, In the past managers have had players like Bednar, Skacel, Pospisil, Velicka even Nade as options ahead of Makela.

Tomorrow we have Clum and Mole.

FFS get it right. Start Makela.

NB : molefeev,korbochala,cernekov are one and the same = VLAD

Dirk Diggler
Thing is, In the past managers have had players like Bednar, Skacel, Pospisil, Velicka even Nade as options ahead of Makela.

Tomorrow we have Clum and Mole.

FFS get it right. Start Makela.

Is it inconceivable that even when we had these players at our disposal Elliot and Mole were still better options than Makela?

That Hat trick at Alloa really has got the support clamouring for him to start.

:rolleyes:

Pete Seeger

Jesus, a goal in the reserves and he must start? I'd be more than happy to never se him wear the shirt again. Lay off Mole and Elliot. Calum's played well recently and Jamie looked fairly promising on saturday.

colinmaroon
Jesus, a goal in the reserves and he must start? I'd be more than happy to never se him wear the shirt again. Lay off Mole and Elliot. Calum's played well recently and Jamie looked fairly promising on saturday.

I can assure you, despite the long hair and the beard it wasn't Him!!!

Seriously though, I'm inclined to agree as he missed some real sitters in the reserve game, and I'm not sure he even 'meant' his second!!"

And oh, while I remember, Praise His Name!!!

The guy scored a goal for the reserves. You know how he scored it? He tried to bring the ball under control and in doing so the ball ended up in the net. He is gash.

Tell us truthfully - did you see that or read it here? There is so much gash written here and represented as truth that you would not believe. No person?s opinion is more than the sway of one MB scribbler...

Dirk Diggler
Tell us truthfully - did you see that or read it here? There is so much gash written here and represented as truth that you would not believe. No person?s opinion is more than the sway of one MB scribbler...

Trust me.

He either seen it with his own eyes or heard it from someone who played in the reserve team that day.

:)

Salvatore's Tash

I think its pretty much a fact! I didnt see it, but don't see why someone would make that up!!

Pete Seeger
I can assure you, despite the long hair and the beard it wasn't Him!!!

Seriously though, I'm inclined to agree as he missed some real sitters in the reserve game, and I'm not sure he even 'meant' his second!!"

And oh, while I remember, Praise His Name!!!

Na I'm a plumber. Never got on with joiners ;)

Maybe, but he scored another goal in that game as well and his record in the first team is quite good. His goal against Barcelona was top drawer and I don't believe any of our other so-called strikes (Santiago sha**er apart) would have had fast enough feet to convert the chance.

In the absence of Nade and Pinilla (our only quality pairing) Makela looks a better fit up front with either of the grafters, Mole or Clum. I'd have Juho and Jamie starting with Calum and Glen on the bench

Unbelievable.

I have spent the season asking why he has been cast aside from our team, and many on here, including friends of mine, tell me/us that he is rubbish for the reserves.

My general stance has been he scores when played as a striker for the first team, so play him, but it seems reserve performances have blinkered some.

So, he scores for the reserves (did he score once or twice?) and now we see that performances in the reserves actually DON'T matter?!?!?!

Aside from that, we started the season with Bednar, Pinilla, Pospisil, Elliot, Makela and Mole. There may have been more, but I cannot think of any off the top of my head. Out went Bednar and in came Beniusis and Nade. Since we have an out for the season Pinilla, a released Pospisil, an excluded Makela and now an injured Nade.

Our current choices up front are Elliot and Mole. The only other options are laddies or Makela. Should we play him? God yes.

Unbelievable.

I have spent the season asking why he has been cast aside from our team, and many on here, including friends of mine, tell me/us that he is rubbish for the reserves.

My general stance has been he scores when played as a striker for the first team, so play him, but it seems reserve performances have blinkered some.

So, he scores for the reserves (did he score once or twice?) and now we see that performances in the reserves actually DON'T matter?!?!?!

Aside from that, we started the season with Bednar, Pinilla, Pospisil, Elliot, Makela and Mole. There may have been more, but I cannot think of any off the top of my head. Out went Bednar and in came Beniusis and Nade. Since we have an out for the season Pinilla, a released Pospisil, an excluded Makela and now an injured Nade.

Our current choices up front are Elliot and Mole. The only other options are laddies or Makela. Should we play him? God yes.

I think his exclusion in favour of players like Beniusis, Ksnavicius, Ivaskevicius this year has been absolutely bizarre. But he should be on the bench today. Mole and Elliot did quite well last week and deserve to start again.

No Nonsense

He's not gonna start. We want rid of him and his reportedly inflated wage and therefore what's the point in giving him false hope with a start at this stage in the season. No point in him playing for hearts again IMO.

Jam Tarts 1874

With Elliot up front today I suspect it is going to be a very long and very cold afternoon.

I would not be surprised to see the clown Frail outwitted by Yogi today, I'm sure it will be a struggle - again!

With Elliot up front today I suspect it is going to be a very long and very cold afternoon.

I would not be surprised to see the clown Frail outwitted by Yogi today, I'm sure it will be a struggle - again!

We have typically been outwitted by Falkirk in the midfield in the last couple of seasons. We play a bunch of lightweights/workshy wingers and fail to play a ballwinner. They play a bunch of scrapping hardworking dirty runners in midfield and Latapy who gets the run of ours.

Gossip on here seems to suggest all of Mole/Elliot/Ksnavicius/Kingston are going to play today. Yet again it looks likely we will make the same mistake with a lightweight midfield as Palazuelos will no doubt take another of the midfield places.

We have typically been outwitted by Falkirk in the midfield in the last couple of seasons. We play a bunch of lightweights/workshy wingers and fail to play a ballwinner. They play a bunch of scrapping hardworking dirty runners in midfield and Latapy who gets the run of ours.

Gossip on here seems to suggest all of Mole/Elliot/Ksnavicius/Kingston are going to play today. Yet again it looks likely we will make the same mistake with a lightweight midfield as Palazuelos will no doubt take another of the midfield places.

All of the above = correct.

Not sure what the midfield lineup will be today, but one thing's almost certain - that wee Hibs turkey baster will be the midfield maestro for the umpteenth time in recent seasons.

It beggars belief that this 40 year old, 20-a-day smoker can take the **** so frequently. It says a lot for our league in my humble. While there is no doubting the guy is (or more pertinently, was) a very technically gifted footballer with an excellent "football brain", some of the "tricks" he beats players with thesedays makes me honestly wonder if I could have made it as a footballer - and I was pish.

Sorry just realised I didn't even respond to the OP.

I'd like to know....How do the majority on here know for a fact that Makela is so pish?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's mostly down to an OTR remark supposedly made by Stevie Fail (whose judgement is incredibly good and in no way is he a puppet, honest) or if this majority view has arisen from reading posts by the very few people on here who watch reserve games and swear he's pish - even though by most accounts he is deployed as a winger in these matches.

I'm only asking because, as someone who has attended the majority of matches (apart from this season - got a young baby before anyone batters me into submission with "real fan" style posts) since the boy arrived at the club, I've never seen conclusive proof of his ability, or lack of it. In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, I remember 1 goal against Barcelona, 3 against Alloa and 1 versus Dundee Utd (I think) in about 5-6 starts max.

Now, in an ideal world, this guy would be better than the "worst ever footballer ever to have played for Hearts, ever" that he is. Unfortunately for us, we'd rather play a "striker" who will score 8-10 goals MAX a season and that's being gracious.

Anyhow, hope you grab a hat-trick today, Calum. I've no doubt you will not be dropped into oblivion should that happen.

Given they have only beaten us once since their return to the SPL in 2005 Coco, I'm not sure that is the case....

Given they have only beaten us once since their return to the SPL in 2005 Coco, I'm not sure that is the case....

For much of that time we had the benefit of a quality defence.

In almost all games I've seen us against Falkirk in the last 2 seasons we have struggled in the midfield. Just as we do against Gretna, St Mirren, Inverness etc.

Actually now I think about it, I would suggest that the best British goalkeeper for years might have made a difference too ...

Captain Canada

He's made 2 starts in the league and scored 2 goals. 1 start in the league cup and scored 3 goals. So 3 starts have produced 5 goals according to

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=35788

He's made 15 sub appearances too in all but given that the times I've seen him come on as a sub it's been with very little time left and usually on the wing!

Got to be worth a shot - can't believe the way he's been slagged off on here, I'm not saying he's great or rubbish, I just think he deserves a chance. Start him in every game between now and the end of the season and let's see what he can really do.

I don't particularly rate Makela from what i've seen of him but I think he may at least feature on the bench today.

With the injuries and departures there's really no back up for Mole and Elliot so it's either Makela on the bench or another youngster.

I don't particularly rate Makela from what i've seen of him but I think he may at least feature on the bench today.

With the injuries and departures there's really no back up for Mole and Elliot so it's either Makela on the bench or another youngster.

I hope we see something like

Banks

Neilson-Karipidis-Berra-Goncalves

Miko-Jonsson-Stewart-Wallace

Mole-Elliot

Basso-Tall-McGowan-Chesney-Palazuelos-Makela-Glen

Archived