Derby Day boozers

thewanderer

Its a Saturday so shouldnt be any reason why they wont be open reasonably early. Boozers would be daft to turn down the opportunity to make some cash.

portobellojambo1

Will be sitting down for an early drink that morning. There are no restrictions which would normally apply on a Sunday, so most places, if they are sensible (and can get their staff in), should be open relatively early.

PJ....It is a dilemma for publicans,(well this one) Barstaff deserve to be paid the highest amount possible for working new years day,especially with the high tempo demand for copious amounts of alcohol pre match.If i ask 3 members of staff to work 8 hours at double time(plus a bonus) then take into account other costs (Stock,Vat,tax,etc)it is not quite the 'golden goose' people may think!

Guest vanbasten1874

What's the deal with Stratties? It was always an away bar right?

Anytime i've ventured in its been choc ful of hearts supporters so dont know about that one .

portobellojambo1

PJ....It is a dilemma for publicans,(well this one) Barstaff deserve to be paid the highest amount possible for working new years day,especially with the high tempo demand for copious amounts of alcohol pre match.If i ask 3 members of staff to work 8 hours at double time(plus a bonus) then take into account other costs (Stock,Vat,tax,etc)it is not quite the 'golden goose' people may think!

Understand totally Sir. The only sensible I was looking at related to potential takings, I fully understand when you are on the other side of the bar there are other factors which have to be taken into account (and what is coming in has to cover what is being paid out in staffing costs etc).

Archived