Have you heard of the Heart of Midlothian?.......

Craigieboy

scott herbertson

Have you seen them in Marone!

Yes to both questions

and in fact not only have I heard of the Heart of Midlothian,

they are the greatest team I've known!

For some reason i can't remember where they've played tho - it's bugging me.....

Captain Lithuania

And when my life is over,

And death has left its mark,

You can scatter all my ashes,

On the slopes of Tynecastle Park.

Beutifully executed guys.

Thank you & ****ing goodnight.

:santa1:

Oh FFS me and posting images don't go, so, thank you & ****ing goodnight.

:thumbsup:

we have played in south morrocco

Although many people now sing "south", I think the song started as "We have played in the SANDS OF Morroco". Cant remember where I heard that though. Anyone confirm?

john brownlee

Although many people now sing "south", I think the song started as "We have played in the SANDS OF Morroco". Cant remember where I heard that though. Anyone confirm?

No it was san Marino I bought the stamp

that was beautiful...this song should be a staple at Tynie. Lets see it written chorus and verse, so we can all practise. And then belt it out whether we're on top or playing poorly.

Go on the JT's

No it was san Marino I bought the stamp

Well i live and learn, though i'm not sure what the stamp is you are talking about, john. A commemorative issue?

I've also never ever heard anyone sing "we have played in san marino"! Maybe the song is not connected. I also wondered why "south" morroco (as opposed to north morroco?) Hence, "sands of morroco" seemed to make more sense ! Anyone know the origins of the song, or confirm john's interpretation?

PS it's a great wee song whatever the words!

Well i live and learn, though i'm not sure what the stamp is you are talking about, john. A commemorative issue?

I've also never ever heard anyone sing "we have played in san marino"! Maybe the song is not connected. I also wondered why "south" morroco (as opposed to north morroco?) Hence, "sands of morroco" seemed to make more sense ! Anyone know the origins of the song, or confirm john's interpretation?

PS it's a great wee song whatever the words!

This was covered a while back. Don't recall the source I think from London Hearts but I'm sure the out come was it is just a song and we've never played in morocco?

Archived